• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama administration lied to us all about the iran deal

bucyou

lets do a "paint by number" for our friends who cant follow along(or refuse to)

(1) told Congress it would not allow Iran access to U.S. financial institutions
(2) issued a special license allowing Iran to do exactly that
(3) unsuccessfully pressured U.S. banks to help Iran
(4) lied to Congress and the American people about what it had done
(5) admitted in internal emails that these efforts "exceeded" U.S. obligations under the nuclear deal
(6) sent officials, including bank regulators, around the world to urge foreign financial institutions to do business with Iran
(7) promised that they would get nothing more than a slap on the wrist for violating U.S. sanctions.

black_13

Banned
Ugh it was Iran's own money. Why on earth are people making this to be such a big deal?

In the end he got a deal going and Iran abandoned it's nuclear enrichment and we had some peace before Trump came in and called it the worst deal ever cause he wasn't involved.

Sure Obama had to work around loopholes since most of congress is so hell bent on starting a war with Iran than any peaceful agreement so I applaud Obama.

Meanwhile Trump has lied so many times just for his own sake that it's laughable that they get ignored.

bilderberg

Yes only the last administration.. any other administration have done or does everything by the book..
GO RED TEAM!! Am I right?
/s
At least they tried to find a legal loop hole to transfer some money, not lie about wmd’s to start a war..
Both things are shitty.. one of them is more shitty though, I’ll let you guess which one it is.. ;)

You realize a majority of trump supporters hate bush, right? Can we not criticize Obama without being lumped into "team red"?

Last edited:

dropkick!

Next we'll be hearing about how he sold them guns to fund rebels in Nicaragua.

Not really nicaragua... but Operation Fast and Furious was that...

I'm mad salty bout that... why does the government try to give new free guns to non citizens why I have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a old crappy vietnam m16?

*hand shaking intensifies*

gohepcat

Banned
Wasn’t this their money in the first place? I don’t see what the big deal is.

Yup. These people are just parroting stuff that they’re seeing on conspiracy websites. It’s ridiculous. They have no idea what they’re talking about.

Last edited:
White house/CIA operations have always gone against congress, see how they funded Cuba in Angola.

Last edited:
You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, some slightly shady wheelings and dealings going on in politics? You don't say!

Regardless of the details of the deal the fact was Iran couldn't make a nuclear bomb in another decade, as opposed to Iran actively trying to make a nuclear bomb now, which do you honestly prefer?

Plus there's just the fact that a deal is a deal, America going bust on it sends the message that we can't be trusted.

Mahadev

Trump doesn't lie. You have to understand what he's really saying, not the words that are coming out of his mouth.

He's like the Bible, you have to interpret some completely moronic stuff you read in a way that doesn't make you stop and say, "wait, why the fuck am I supporting this bullshit?"

Top Bottom