• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official original designs and story details from Versus XIII/FFXV surface

Go_Ly_Dow

of course. He's the best.

1447975034310.png

Tabata? Nomura? pfft

#FFXVIGivehimasecondchance

jk

I don't think Nomura ever actually had a story for versus 13, just vague themes and concepts.

http://gematsu.com/2010/06/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-scenario-complete-confirms-dengeki

He did. It was complete back in 2010. And it was written by Nojima. Nomura only did the base story IIRC.

Haha. This whole time I wasn't trying to dismiss him nor his work. I'm a huge fan of the games he has been involved with (XIII/X/VII). And those have flaws and so does he.

Still, if I had to pick between Nomura, Tabata and him, I'd pick Trolliyama all the way.

Oh ok, sorry. I figured it was just some sarcasm/humor because of your avatar, but you never know, people like to trash on him. :p

Yeah. Try to dismiss years of work just because of a quote you don't agree with. We know it, he likes Lightning, we know the memes.

Haha. This whole time I wasn't trying to dismiss him nor his work. I'm a huge fan of the games he has been involved with (XIII/X/VII). And those have flaws and so does he.

Still, if I had to pick between Nomura, Tabata and him, I'd pick Trolliyama all the way.

theofficefan99

? Cup noodles wasn't a chapter, twas a simple sidequest

That's what I said, although it was a poorly-worded post. Chapter 8 is the nonsensical fight in the reactor, then it's either heading to Cape Caem aka ending the chapter, or doing the Cup Noodles sidequests.

They won't listen. They won't change. It's been like that since day one. Just ignore them. They'll manage without our help.

Sorry I'm not making excuses for this game like you.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Toriyama should never ever do stories. His stories are way too convoluted and time travel gets involved for no reason.

He should however, do cutscenes since that's his forte.

Nomura should be directing the overall feel of the game but to the point he actually gets controlled in his timelines.

Tabata should also be a director but mostly focus on team work and reaching goals.

There, now we can a have a perfect Final Fantasy~

Slater

Banned
Toriyama should never ever do stories. His stories are way too convoluted and time travel gets involved for no reason.

He should however, do cutscenes since that's his forte.

Nomura should be directing the overall feel of the game but to the point he actually gets controlled in his timelines.

Tabata should also be a director but mostly focus on team work and reaching goals.

There, now we can a have a perfect Final Fantasy~

BUT NON OF THEM CAN MAKE A STORY WORTH SHIT

Although they all have at least one decent female character to there names, but then YoshiP adds good female characters into XIV like once a week

What I'm saying here is give it all to YoshiP

Still need to buy Stormblood. I can't believe my CE was canceled...
Sorry I'm not making excuses for this game like you.
So? Sorry if I shot your dog or something. But I'm not the one attacking the game with every fiber in my body.

Yes I am defending it. I'm not making excuses. At least I don't think so. I could be wrong! But I'm not gonna hate on a game. Cause it's a game.

That said, I said I'd stop so I'll stop.

So he can continue saying things like "it's ok if quality goes down," "it's ok if you fail," and "it's ok if the world is empty" like with Final Fantasy XV? No, thanks.

I believe he even implied that the story "wasn't that bad".

When I see Square Enix's reaction to the original FFXIV's failures, and Tabata calling FFXV a "success story", I just wonder what's up with japanese game development these days.

The FFXV 2013 team looked like it had the best of both worlds. Nomura directing and Tabata co-directing and managing the team.

Slater

Banned
I believe he even implied that the story "wasn't that bad".

When I see Square Enix's reaction to the original FFXIV's failures, and Tabata calling FFXV a "success story", I just wonder what's up with japanese game development these days.

The FFXV 2013 team looked like it had the best of both worlds. Nomura directing and Tabata co-directing and managing the team.

He isn't the only one who thinks that, we have a direct YoshiP quote from the new NoClip Doc saying the exact same thing about XV.

Honestly? If I had to guess, Luminous probably spent the better part of the development cycle kicking there ass and the people at Square in the know consider it a miracle they managed to pull anything at all outta the fire.

Like I think it's worth remembering what XV looked like in September vs November. The difference is actually huge.

He isn't the only one who thinks that, we have a direct YoshiP quote from the new NoClip Doc saying the exact same thing about XV.

Honestly? If I had to guess, Luminous probably spent the better part of the development cycle kicking there ass and the people at Square in the know consider it a miracle they managed to pull anything at all outta the fire.

Like I think it's worth remembering what XV looked like in September vs November. The difference is actually huge.

I think I see it like that too. But it just seems like they made the same mistakes with FFXIII & the Crystal Tools with FFXV and the Luminous Engine. That's sad...

theofficefan99

I can agree with that. The game looked significantly improved in a couple months' time.

Let's also hope that SE stops with this engine creating nonsense.

Too bad YoshiP is too focused on XIV right now. Though I wouldn't mind a XVI from him at all.

Actually I'm sure he can manage both.

Slater

Banned
YoshiP is a classy guy, he wouldn't trash-talk a colleague.

TBH, we know for a fact that XV sold really, really fucking well, like

"I will start with the HD Games sub-segment of the Digital Entertainment segment. The greatest contributor to earnings there was “FINAL FANTASY XV,” which achieved global sales of 6 million units faster than any previous title in the franchise."

That's usually what YoshiP/Tabata/Square is referring to, it was an objective success in the one regard that matters for the continuation of the franchise as a major brand

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
If anyone wants to experience what's it like to be caught in a loop, just visit every FFXV thread on GAF. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy these threads and always have a laugh or two.

Socivol

Oh, now this really bothers me. The Noctis sleeping all the time thing clearly used to have some sort of significance, and even in the final game it's still relevant in some ways, but it's never actually addressed as anything but a character quirk in the final version. Like, what?

What makes it even weirder is that it's present in Brotherhood really frequently as well.

Socivol

On blonde guy, there was this info from the most recent "leak:"

Maybe it's just a different design for Loqi.

This "leak" is bullshit because we all knew that the game was going to be a road trip. There is even footage of Noctis and Ignis outside of Insomnia in an old trailer. So this leaker is full of it because they mention the whole first game would have taken place in Insomnia. Additionally, this leaker said that Gentiana was supposed to be the Oracle but Roberto Ferrari straight up said she was Stella's messenger to Niflheim. This person clearly just took things that we knew and tried to craft a narrative of a story.

They probably didn't want people's attention on versus stuff so close to launch of XV.

Good point :/ .

While I enjoyed FFXV for what it was and appreciate the work everyone put into the game; I'm bummed out after looking through the designs. Human Umbra, Ravus vs Noctis, the niflheim guy that got cut.... this looks better than what we got. This is what I wanted FFXV to be like. And it sucks because it seems like the side characters had more of a prominent role in the "versus" world (sort to speak) than they did in the XV era.

Koozek

Femto Jiokichi, who translated a lot of Japanese ATR/events in the last years, translated the Q&A from the fan event where this art was shown:

http://femto-jiokichi.tumblr.com/post/162590355208/jp2en-new-infomation-released-at-a-fan-event-on

Some answers:

• Q: Too bad that the latter half of the game is so rushing. And I felt that the story or setting weren’t well explained, and we have to gather information from other places (or universe) to understand what’s going on. Those who love to swing by some places could enjoy the game, but I would hesitate to recommend this game for people who just enjoy the story.

A: (There were lots of off the record tips, but points are) We know people point out these things, and as the dev team we take this seriously even before the release date. This has been the biggest issue for the team. There are lots of things that we couldn’t put into the game even though we wanted to.
    It would have been better if we could put these things in the main story, but there were only so much we could do. We will strengthen the parts that have been left out via updates and DLCs, and we would appreciate it if you could play along for long. However, it takes time and money to develop, and we put priority on the things with strong demand.​
  • Q: When compared to Episode Prompto, Episode Gladio can’t stand a chance when it comes to the volume of the episode. I feel really sorry for Gladio.
    A: Among the DLC episodes that had been decided to be released after the game is released, the team picked up Episode Gladio for the first release. Episode Gladio got the shortest developing time period, the team hasn’t got used to working on the system and all, and the team focused on speedy gameplay. Hence the lack in volume compared to Episode Prompto.​
  • Episode Ignis will deliver the story of Ignis, of course, and the core of the main story. The dev team has been working on it pushing their limit. It’s still under development but the story made me cry, said Tabby.​
  • To Ravus, the empire is just an ally and he can’t count on Lucis (possibly because he has grudge and complicated feelings toward the kingdom). He can’t be an oracle because it is for women only. He has been fighting all alone. Please look forward to his story.
  • The dev team has been creating something for an anniversary of Kingsglaive. The detail could be released on Twitter sometime around July 9, so please wait a bit more. (The tweeter saw the “something” and s/he was impressed.)​

A: (There were lots of off the record tips, but points are) We know people point out these things, and as the dev team we take this seriously even before the release date. This has been the biggest issue for the team. There are lots of things that we couldn’t put into the game even though we wanted to.
It would have been better if we could put these things in the main story, but there were only so much we could do. We will strengthen the parts that have been left out via updates and DLCs, and we would appreciate it if you could play along for long. However, it takes time and money to develop, and we put priority on the things with strong demand.[/INDENT]

0b7a7095f98b8327c3add5a5da6809d4.gif

also: https://twitter.com/Fotmhero1030/status/881193057596690432

Ydelnae

The Kingsglaive surprise better be acknowledging that Libertus is a character that exists in XV's universe and that he interacted with FFXV female protagonist way more than almost any other character in the game lol

Laplasakos

Femto Jiokichi, who translated a lot of Japanese ATR/events in the last years, translated the Q&A from the fan event where this art was shown:

http://femto-jiokichi.tumblr.com/post/162590355208/jp2en-new-infomation-released-at-a-fan-event-on

Some answers:

• Q: Too bad that the latter half of the game is so rushing. And I felt that the story or setting weren’t well explained, and we have to gather information from other places (or universe) to understand what’s going on. Those who love to swing by some places could enjoy the game, but I would hesitate to recommend this game for people who just enjoy the story.

It would have been better if we could put these things in the main story, but there were only so much we could do. We will strengthen the parts that have been left out via updates and DLCs, and we would appreciate it if you could play along for long. However, it takes time and money to develop, and we put priority on the things with strong demand.​
  • Q: When compared to Episode Prompto, Episode Gladio can’t stand a chance when it comes to the volume of the episode. I feel really sorry for Gladio.
    A: Among the DLC episodes that had been decided to be released after the game is released, the team picked up Episode Gladio for the first release. Episode Gladio got the shortest developing time period, the team hasn’t got used to working on the system and all, and the team focused on speedy gameplay. Hence the lack in volume compared to Episode Prompto.​
  • Episode Ignis will deliver the story of Ignis, of course, and the core of the main story. The dev team has been working on it pushing their limit. It’s still under development but the story made me cry, said Tabby.​
  • To Ravus, the empire is just an ally and he can’t count on Lucis (possibly because he has grudge and complicated feelings toward the kingdom). He can’t be an oracle because it is for women only. He has been fighting all alone. Please look forward to his story.
  • The dev team has been creating something for an anniversary of Kingsglaive. The detail could be released on Twitter sometime around July 9, so please wait a bit more. (The tweeter saw the “something” and s/he was impressed.)​

Thanks for posting this. I wonder if the pre-last point hints at Ravus DLC episode. Also another question i found on the link that grabbed my attention.

Nyx in the PS4 (under development now)! It’s so beautiful, could be more beautiful than the movie. CPU in PS4 cannot handle Nyx’s motions because it’s too fast. It might be delivered if CPU got better like the next generation…?

So they have a Nyx model on PS4 but it can't handle the motions... i guess my dream for Kingsglaive the game is end.

Koozek

The Kingsglaive surprise better be acknowledging that Libertus is a character that exists in XV's universe and that he interacted with FFXV female protagonist way more than almost any other character in the game lol
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ccOKn3q.jpg[/IMG]
:p

Koozek

Thanks for posting this. I wonder if the pre-last point hints at Ravus DLC episode. Also another question i found on the link that grabbed my attention.

So they have a Nyx model on PS4 but it can't handle the motions... i guess my dream for Kingsglaive the game is end.
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDvVDbWVYAUI68Z.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDvVEceUQAAiIEC.jpg[/IMG]

Basically this tech demo from the Nvidia presentation recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAkCxI0igXY

Top Bottom