• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm still going with Joakim being a live CG representation of a Kojima motion capture session. Sure it might not be real time, but nothing about that video seemed to be a legit two people, one room scenario. I'm guessing at GDC we will see Kojima demo this whole bizarre tale.

>He and Dorito Pope are never in the same frame.
>You don't actually see him holding the iPad
>His face is mostly covered, so they can get an insane amount of detail by only needing to focus on the mouth and eyes
>He constantly keeps his eyes closed, because that's one of the hardest things to make look real
>Look at his left (OUR left, his RIGHT) cheek from 1:30 to 1:50 and it's beyond obvious
>He is in front of a black background and wears a black shirt so the shadows won't be a problem
>Face mask doesn't move at all like real material- sticks to his face, almost like it's a part of it. Almost like- a texture.
>His skin, ESPECIALLY his nose is shiny as fuck
>Look at the shadow on his righteye when he tilts his head at 2:03, it looks weird
>He talks with his teeth together so you don't see his fake-ass tongue

Further evidence:
http://schedule2013.gdconf.com/session-id/824166
http://www.peseditblog.com/2013/03/pes-2014-fox-engine-news-next-week-jon.html
http://www.edge-online.com/magazine...st-to-create-gamings-most-believable-visuals/

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l9s3e2
>The trailer I'm working on right now is totally different from latest "RISING" pre-launch trailer which has medley of cool cuts to give motivation for consumer. So this one will be plain and different in aspects or concepts.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l9rvgt
>Recently as technology progresses, we are now able to do "3D capture" internally by ourselves. But things were different in 17 years ago. This one was that we had to ask outside company to create my face mask in 3D at that time. I can easily predict this won't be nothing once 3D printer becomes accessible.

1363377791383c4uvy.jpg

Remember this FOX engine teaser? One is real one is FOX engine.

Tookay

After looking at it all, I'm of the opinion it's a real guy sitting in a studio, wearing a green mask that covers his head and neck. They've then used a Fox Engine rendered head and superimposed it over the top, matched up the movements at much as possible, but most likely over-zealously enlarged his head to cover any remaining aspects of the real person.

They wouldn't need to do that... at all.

If this is the stuff that it takes to make this story semi-plausible, I think it's easier to just accept this is reality.

stktt

Banned
After looking at it all, I'm of the opinion it's a real guy sitting in a studio, wearing a green mask that covers his head and neck. They've then used a Fox Engine rendered head and superimposed it over the top, matched up the movements at much as possible, but most likely over-zealously enlarged his head to cover any remaining aspects of the real person.

Of course, this is all opinion, and I could be entirely wrong.

But hey. It's fun to speculate.

What if I told you it's a guy wrapped in bandages?

Guys I really think you're looking way too much and giving way too much credit to kojima. You have to remember that we had next to no info on the game. Him being shocked about Geoff pointing out the fox engine symbol was cause we got a hint that its a fox engine game. I do think the Guy is real aswell. I'd love it if he is cg though xD

javac

What if Kojima had a face transplant, and that's why he has all the bandages on his face?

Joking it's obviously CG

genjiZERO

Guys I really think you're looking way too much and giving way too much credit to kojima. You have to remember that we had next to no info on the game. Him being shocked about Geoff pointing out the fox engine symbol was cause we got a hint that its a fox engine game. I do think the Guy is real aswell. I'd love it if he is cg though xD

Oh c'mon that was so obviously scripted.

Tenrius

The next logical step would be to perform an experiment involving covering somebody's head in bandages and doing some goofy facial expressions along with a Norwegian accent.

I know what Eternal Darkness is, but what "delay" do some people think is part of the insanity effects? Surely it can't be the release date delay.

At the time of the delay a thread popped up on gamefaqs (or was it ign-Nintendo?) theorizing that the delay wasn't real, it was an "insanity effect" and that Nintendo would surprise everyone and release the game as planned. You think to yourself "wow, it's really sad that people would have to grasp at straws to try and make a story a lot cooler than it actually is"

...now re-read this thread.

Hellix

Points worth noting:

• The upper eyelids only half drop. The attached skin doesn't move at all. (i.e. the eyebrow, the recess below the eyebrow)
  • The lower eyelids simply don't move. I don't know about you, but I can't move my upper eyelids independently of the lower. More-so, when you are shocked or taken aback by something, the natural is to winch/squint.
  • The point of light in his pupil doesn't move in relation to his head movement. In fact it's static within the pupil at all times.
  • The shadows around the bandages on the right of the image are not consistent with the head movement

What if it turns out he is real? Does that mean he is an alien?

http://i.imgur.com/pGNwNhI.png

Cleared up the Twitter image a little. Tried to offer more definition. No matter what I did there was no definable definition on the neck area.

Also worth noting that messing with the levels of the image showed some rather interesting artifacts on everything [I]apart[/I] from his head. Suggesting a higher resolution image has been layered atop the low resolution body.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9GXNPVB.gif

Points worth noting:

[B][LIST]
[*]The upper eyelids only half drop. The attached skin doesn't move at all. (i.e. the eyebrow, the recess below the eyebrow)
[*]The lower eyelids simply don't move. I don't know about you, but I can't move my upper eyelids independently of the lower. More-so, when you are shocked or taken aback by something, the natural is to winch/squint.
[*]The point of light in his pupil doesn't move in relation to his head movement. In fact it's static within the pupil at all times.
[*]The shadows around the bandages on the right of the image are not consistent with the head movement
[/LIST][/B][/QUOTE]
Jag tror att de sidobelyste honom.

The next logical step would be to perform an experiment involving covering somebody's head in bandages and doing some goofy facial expressions along with a Norwegian accent.

no, just find someone whose eyes can do what his did in the animated gif, someone that isn't a reptile.

i-Lo

FOX engine PES 2014: (for the lazy people that didnt visit my links)

pes2014facecomparison4db0l.jpg

And as aforementioned the character needs a bit more imperfection for skin texture (to match the right side) and silhouette tessellation (around the ear, as once demonstrated by Cryengine).

Persona86

Banned
If that guy is cg, I'm cg too. This is above Hollywood shit if cg.

But thread is gold, lol.

You realize that the some of same people who get hired for Hollywood CGI get hired for game companies too. You also should realize that CG is always evolving and anyone can take it to the next level.

Top Bottom