• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum and Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden get cross play

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/one-piec...treme-butoden-add-cross-game-battles-november
One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum and Dragonball Z: Extreme Butoden, Bandai Namco’s Arc System Works-developed fighting games for 3DS, will each be updated in early November to add cross-game battle support, Bandai Namco announced.

This will allow users to battle each other no matter which title they own. Goku can battle Monkey D. Luffy, for example. Or Vegeta can fight against Nami. Cross battles will support both local and online play.

Further information will be announced at a later date.

One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum will launch for 3DS in Japan on September 21. Dragonball Z: Extreme Butoden is available now worldwide.

Credit to ArchedThunder over @ the Dragon Ball Super OT

This is *really* cool. As I understand, they're essentially the same games with different series attached to them, but has anything like this ever happened before?

Drain You

Wow that's actually really neat. Might have to pick up DBZ now. Also this is the first time I've ever heard of something like this.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thats so awesome - didnt see that coming, now we only need the OP game to be released in the west.

SoulUnison

Banned
What? That's insane.
What a cool idea. First they patch in multiplayer, and now they graft on an entire other game.

Is this unprecedented?
This is like this gen's "Lock-On Technology."

Glass Rebel

Haha this is amazing. I didn't buy Extreme Butouden because apparently you need two cartridges for multiplayer but if the OP game gets announced for the West I might just buy both.

Unexpected but nice!
All we need is a Naruto fighter and then...

Battlestadiumdon.jpg

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
that's pretty damn cool, too bad I didn't care too much for butoden's battle system, otherwise i'd be all over this.

SalvaPot

Hot damn, that is a pretty PRETTY cool idea, it motivates people to buy both versions or just the one they like, it makes online battles more interesting and I guess its also easier in the licencing, too.

KingBroly

Banned
This just strikes me as a way they could do SNK fighters in the future.

Just make like 8 different fighting games but have them all playable against one another then have a GOTG King of Fighters after you've done all of them.

SalvaPot

Quick somebody make a 20 character roster and send it arc system.

Hunter Exam Arc:
-Gon
-Killua
-Kurapika
-Leorio
-Hisoka
-Tonpa

Zoldyck Family Arc
-Illumi
-Kalluto
-Silva

Heavens Arena arc
-Zushi

Yorknew City arc
-Melody
-Chrollo
-Nobunaga
-Shizuku
-Feitan
-Machi
-Uvogin

Greed Island arc
-Biscuit
-Bomber
-Razer

Chimera Ant arc
-Netero
-Zeno
-Kite
-Morel
-Knuckle
-Shoot
-Palm
-Meruem
-Neferpitou
-Shaiapouf
-Menthuthuyoupi
-Ikalgo
-Koala

13th Hunter Chairman Election arc
-Ging
-Pariston
-Cheadle

HyperHip

Too bad US will most likely never get this One Piece game, also doubt NB would bother updating EB for US (about 2 to 3 updates behind JP ver).

Still kinda cool to see this game supported as it's currently my 2nd favorite DBZ fighter.

SalvaPot

Too bad US will most likely never get this One Piece game, also doubt NB would bother updating EB for US (about 2 to 3 updates behind JP ver).

Still kinda cool to see this game supported as it's currently my 2nd favorite DBZ fighter.

Why not? We got romance dawn and Red, there is hope... right?

Spruchy

Really cool news. If some like this happened when I was kid we would be collectively shitting our pants.

Youtube'd the One Piece game as I hadn't heard of it, man those super animations are long and boring (character flashes on the screen for like 7 seconds then does a boring ora ora ora-esque attack). Otherwise game looks decent.

I like how the thread has derailed into HxH wishlists. All ya need is the main crew + Spiders and the rest is gravy.

Top Bottom