• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum and Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden get cross play

RedBoot

Hopefully....

Them not localizing Grand Battle X yet makes me think they probably gave up, but then again they did localize Burning Blood recently so maybe.

Grand Battle X is really the only recent OP game we haven't gotten, so at this point I'd feel pretty confident about any console OP game coming west. Portables is a different story, Bamco may have felt like a retail release was unrealistic for GBX and didn't want to bother doing digital-only.

Colosseum is just about to release in Japan, so I wouldn't close the book on a western release just yet, especially with a feature like this.

Platy

Reading this thread has been a wild ride.

I started with "yeah they would be cross play game/pc but announcing them both sounds like it would be between games LOL" and then this is exactly what it is but I missed 3ds so when I read local i was thinking the update would be the entire roster of each game as free dlc xD

I really like the precedent this sets. I'd love to see other J-Star comics done in this 2d fighting style and allowed to play with each other. Kenshin or D-Gray man fighting game? I'd buy that.

Blam

This is actually fucking cool. I guess this is the first of its kind? 2 different games being able to cross play.

VariantX

Hunter Exam Arc:
-Gon
-Killua
-Kurapika
-Leorio
-Hisoka
-Tonpa

Zoldyck Family Arc
-Illumi
-Kalluto
-Silva