• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One week later, PS4 dominates best selling videogame charts for Amazon/Gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.

scakko84

Meanwhile Major Nelson...

hvgr.png

Sorry guys, someone needed to do this...

mainstream audience far outweighs GAF audience

It's hour by hour and ps4 pre-order are spread across bundles. Someone farts and the X1 jumps to the lead. Look to the year leaderboard to get the true picture at this point. The initial rush to get PS4 already happened. People can leisurely pre-order X1 because day one edition is even still available.

Jonboy

Or that, you know, PS4 is split between 4 SKUs to the XBONE's one. Once (if) that Day One ever sells out I'm guessing the story will change again.
I actually think that is the real story. They STILL haven't sold out of the Day One edition.

mainstream audience far outweighs GAF audience

People keep posting this and it continues to be history defying bullshit.

The main stream console audience ALWAYS follows the hard core. look at the Wii. Once the trend following casuals moved on the the next new thing(tablets smart phones) they dropped the Wii like a bad habit. The audience that made the PS2, PS1's and early Nintendo consoles block buster successes are on 360/PS3. Who ever captures the early hard core, will win their less hard core friends and family members.

It would seem that XBone software will probably not be pre-ordered too much due to the disk not really doing us any good anymore.

I disagree. The disc version is better than a digital version in every way possible. For PS4 you'll have to choose between the convenience of having your game on your HDD always ready to play and being tied to your account forever or the freedom of having a physical copy that you need to keep in the drive to play, but can do whatever you want with it.

In the Xbone the physical version is essentially a digital version with a bit more rights (like selling to GameStop or giving it away once, which you can't do on the digital version), so there seems to be zero benefit in getting anything digital, except of course not having to drive to the store.

BigDug13

The fact that none of the XBO software is making the top sellers list makes me think that there's a lot of scalpers buying from Amazon. Could be wrong though. (I'm sure there are just as many scalpers preordering PS4's as well, that's why looking at the system's placement on a top seller chart isn't going to tell the whole story. Only accessories and games will tell the tale.)

The fact that none of the XBO software is making the top sellers list makes me think that there's a lot of scalpers buying from Amazon. Could be wrong though. (I'm sure there are just as many scalpers preordering PS4's as well, that's why looking at the system's placement on a top seller chart isn't going to tell the whole story. Only accessories and games will tell the tale.)

What are you talking about? They're just playing to buy digital day one.[/delusion]

dezzy8

I have a PS4 preordered as well, though I may cancel. Not sure yet. I see no difference between "launch day" PS4 and "standard" PS4. The difference on Xbox One is a special controller and achievement. So, it's likely the PS4 "launch day" version is just a regular PS4, and there is no special manufacturing needed - which is what makes it being "sold out" weird.
The people who get the launch day ps4 get the first batch of ps4s. The regular edition buyers aren't guaranteed to get the console on launch day. That's all that it means...

noomi

see... this is where I get a little confused...

I pre-ordered the ps4 at gamestop the morning after it was announced. When I came in I asked them if I could pre-order just the ps4 without any bundle.... they said yes, that;s what I was pre-ordering, all they had was the SKU for it. Dropped a $100 for it.

Then I see this thread, and also gamestops website where you are only able to pre-order the bundle...

Confused...

DBT85

see... this is where I get a little confused...

I pre-ordered the ps4 at gamestop the morning after it was announced. When I came in I asked them if I could pre-order just the ps4 without any bundle.... they said yes, that;s what I was pre-ordering, all they had was the SKU for it. Dropped a $100 for it.

Then I see this thread, and also gamestops website where you are only able to pre-order the bundle...

Confused...

The bundles are not Sony bundles, just store ones. So if you got your order in for Just a ps4 I imagine it will stay that way.

Tratorn

Don't know where to post it, but I had to laugh:

Type "XBox One is" into google-searchbar and then do the same on bing. And compare the search-suggestions you'll get from both... :p

Thorgal

Don't know where to post it, but I had to laugh:

Type "XBox One is" into google-searchbar and then do the same on bing. And compare the search-suggestions you'll get from both... :p

naamloosauj23.png

lol

couldn't find anything on bing though (unless thats the joke .)

Chitown B

I actually just dropped my Amazon day one preorder for the PS4. No day one exclusives I care about, so I'll save the money and maybe pick one up a year later.

ERC198X

Banned
i ended up with some funnier results when i typed in "xbox one is..." using google

i wonder what results i'll get using bing lol

Edit: OMG the bing results are just as bad lmao

Fox Mulder

I actually just dropped my Amazon day one preorder for the PS4. No day one exclusives I care about, so I'll save the money and maybe pick one up a year later.

I preordered just the console like a day after they added them on amazon, but it's not specified as day one, and they added the day one bundles after I ordered. It would suck to not get a day one just because I didn't get a bundle, but whatever.

Aeana

These console sales rankings threads devolve into little but console warrior gloating, so let's just chill with them, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom