• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only Five measly trophies for a 2016 PSN game.? come on Sony.

As far as trophies being "sad" - if you gotta catch 'em all, then by all means, have fun. But I've seen a number of users on GAF look at trophy lists and boast "NO PLAT = NO BUY" and straight up turn down some great games.

No problem shaming those types.

kobu

It's hard to wrap my mind around that a person cannot actually enjoy a game if it doesn't have arbitrary goals to work for that the game itself acknowledges with a notification. I don't hate it, but I find it extremely weird. There were whole generations where achievements just didn't exist. Hell, use Persona 4 as your example, as it was originally a PS2 game before it became a Vita game. Did these people with this opinion never play a game before the Xbox 360 or PS3 came out?

I can understand the idea of it being fun to work for side things. I cannot possibly understand a game being ruined because it didn't acknowledge that you worked towards a side thing.

Let's even go further with this idea. Games sometimes in themselves acknowledge that you went out of your way for something and reward you. Both Persona 3 and 4 do this by giving you something for maxing out all social links for example. However, this didn't reward you a trophy or something you can see out of game like the current points/trophy system does. Does that make it an inferior system capable of ruining your enjoyment?

the 360 is 10 years old a this point so the truth is most of the people who feel like this probably started gaming last gen and haven't played any old games that weren't remasters or remakes.
it wouldn't ruin my enjoyment because i'm not a trophy hunter. I only platinum games I really like or if there's only a few trophies left after i beat the game.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That means basically you don't finish any games?

No, I finish plenty of games but none of the games I've played give a platinum trophy for just finishing. There are always all kinds insane things that need to be done. I can certainly understand the appeal. Trophies can add a measure of replay-ability to a game or trophies can make you change your playing style but those things don't typically interest me.

Top Bottom