• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono: Street Fighter 5 trying to attract more young players, have excellent netcode

alstein

Just thought of another consideration- with PC/PS4 crossplay- they're going to have to make it where some PC folks don't get a huge advantage due to scripting and macroing inputs, which is much easier and more common on PC.

Crossplay is going to open up a hornet's nest of complaints about PC gamers, especially if my suspicions come true and Ono/Capcom don't take this into account.

Input design was the big problem with SF4 (and I don't mean in terms of inputs being easy, I mean in terms of how the inputs were read which led to all sorts of problems), hopefully Ono can fix this in SF5, but I have my doubts.

Just thought of another consideration- with PC/PS4 crossplay- they're going to have to make it where some PC folks don't get a huge advantage due to scripting and macroing inputs, which is much easier and more common on PC.

Crossplay is going to open up a hornet's nest of complaints about PC gamers, especially if my suspicions come true and Ono/Capcom don't take this into account.

sure it'll have an option like it does with guilty gear, if someone is concerned enough they'll set it to play against people on PS4 only.

Skilletor

sure it'll have an option like it does with guilty gear, if someone is concerned enough they'll set it to play against people on PS4 only.

SFxT had options, so I have no worries about SF5.

Also don't really worry about macros or whatever. Have played tons on PC and have never run into anybody using them. Unless I didn't notice, in which case it still doesn't matter.

Top Bottom