• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Open-world Action RPG Wuthering Waves is set to release May 22 on PC, iOS, Android, and Epic Games Store

FunkMiller

Gold Member
my queen 80s GIF

PS5 when?

Lets Go Time GIF by NETFLIX
We'll probably hear on that sometime after the global release.

Btw, check the replies of the tweet I put in the OP. So many there asking for a console version. :p

Edit: Here's some more recent information about the PS5 port.

Last edited:
They've just done a dope takeover in Times Square. 👀

GNWK4LqXsAAGmxJ

They also hit over 30M pre-registrations although not sure how legit the number is.

dejjdq2.png

Hudo

What is the difference between PC and Epic Games Store?
Much like Steam, Epic Game Store is a DRM that locks your game behind an account. Difference being that Steam is the least worst of all the DRM mechanisms

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This game was #1 on the most played games list on EGS over fuckin Fortnite last night. Anyone tried it?

About 4 hours into it. Got 3 5 stars, two of the ones I wanted.

So far its about a 5/10 - but I hear it gets far better as you continue on. The narrative is a lot of set up until acts 5 and 6 where you finally start to see some pay off. Gameplay is slow as it very slowly eases you into the rather simple mechanics (I guess mobile gamers truly are retarded and need 50 tutorials to learn how to press 10 buttons). Visual wise, it is gorgeous. Lovely Xenoblade in China aesthetic.

ssringo

This game was #1 on the most played games list on EGS over fuckin Fortnite last night. Anyone tried it?
I've put a bit of time into it. It's a Genshin clone/copy (huge emphasis on COPY) with decent/flashy combat. IMO the best thing about it is wall running. Instead of wasting a minute+ slowly climbing/jumping up a wall and hoping you have enough stamina just run up that bitch in a few seconds and be done with it. There's a decent bit to do but I'm just playing a bit each day to not burn out like I did with Genshin. Gives them time to release more content as well.

The English voices of the primary cast range from bad to serviceable which is apparently the fault of the devs casting a bunch of British VA and having them do American accents. The early story is an awful word salad of terms and overly long exposition. The story gets more interesting but the voice work of the main cast isn't changing until, iirc, after the 2nd region according to the devs (guess they already recorded all that). Some other voice work is fine like random NPCs or characters outside the main party.

Don't bother getting it on EGS, just download the standalone installer for PC.

darrylgorn

About 4 hours into it. Got 3 5 stars, two of the ones I wanted.

So far its about a 5/10 - but I hear it gets far better as you continue on. The narrative is a lot of set up until acts 5 and 6 where you finally start to see some pay off. Gameplay is slow as it very slowly eases you into the rather simple mechanics (I guess mobile gamers truly are retarded and need 50 tutorials to learn how to press 10 buttons). Visual wise, it is gorgeous. Lovely Xenoblade in China aesthetic.

Hmm.. I fell asleep through Genshin Impact and this sounds very similar.

Is this game also F2P?

They missed an opportunity to make something more unique. You can't beat Genshin just making a similar game but with a slightly darker tone. Big mistake IMO.

The one I am looking forward to is Arknights: Endfield, which looks different from the current gachas. ZZZ is also different.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played through the tutorial level / zone, got to where you can use the free stuff that Epic is giving. Game is like a straight up Genshin clone. Right down to the English voice actors struggling with all the Chinese names.

They missed an opportunity to make something more unique. You can't beat Genshin just making a similar game but with a slightly darker tone. Big mistake IMO.

The one I am looking forward to is Arknights: Endfield, which looks different from the current gachas. ZZZ is also different.

Do they need to beat Genshin though? I think they'd be happy just making a ton of money. If they can copy Genshin but actually have a decent story without so much wasted dialogue it could work. I'll wait a bit before giving it a shot.

Do they need to beat Genshin though? I think they'd be happy just making a ton of money. If they can copy Genshin but actually have a decent story without so much wasted dialogue it could work. I'll wait a bit before giving it a shot.

It's not realistic to compete with Genshin from the get-go. less so if the game feels that similar without clear advantages/improvements. IMO they should have done their own thing. Their other game, PGR, has great combat and the overall tone is more serious / darker, it's not the Genshin audience they should be pursuing. Ways they could compete with Mihoyo doing something more differentiated:

- More cryptic story, no text walls.

- Only one main character with an unique story. Enough with these mute MCs.

- More focus on combat-skills and affinity with creatures.

- Rethink dailies. The least similar to Genshin, the better.

- Remove 50/50 bullshit

Just a few ideas. They should have come up with these and more.

Top Bottom