• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

KORNdoggy

said it was batman. game informer had the US exclusive. and OPM had the UK exclusive. was obvious as hell being so close to each other.

SHADES

This is definitely a sign of how outdated print is, how can a monthly magazine bring anything new to the table in today's environment?

Out of curiosity, how many GAFfer's still buy monthly gaming magazines? Everytime I go to pick one up and look at the cover I've read/known about what's inside at least a week or more.

Haunted

13144967914_e71845e667_o.jpg

12 page feature.
rofl

that's why print is dead, folks.

Theecliff

Banned
How they can operate this way and think that it's not going to affect them is beyond me.

Scumbags.

Sends note to self to never ever buy said publication again, although the last time was @ 4 years ago...
Scumbags? Jesus, some people are overeacting like crazy to this.

All this speculation came from a small hint on a page in their magazine; it's not as if they were making a huge deal out of it beyond that little section. It's fine to be disappointed (unless you somehow haven't heard of the new Arkham game yet), but we were the ones that hyped it up to high heaven and spawned a huge thread out of it.

Scumbags? Jesus, some people are overeacting like crazy to this.

All this speculation came from a small hint on a page in their magazine; it's not as if they were making a huge deal out of it beyond that little section. It's fine to be disappointed (unless you somehow haven't heard of the new Arkham game yet), but we were the ones that hyped it up to high heaven and spawned a huge thread out of it.

You're damn right. Scumbags. And this is from a person who has not even read too much about the hype - probably visited this topic only twice before today.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter in my eyes whether its one line or a whole page on 'what they are trying to hype' for the next issue - they were intentionally misleading so as to gain more purchases/orders of their magazine.

In my book, this is dishonestly for self gain/profit = scumbags.

I can't help I've got morals/standards. If anyone is to ask if I've ever been dishonest for self gain/profit, then my answer would not be forthcoming as it bodes no relevance. That can be taken however that person likes as far as I'm concerned - maybe I'm a scumbag?...

Why does it bode no relevance? Because to be dishonest for self gain/profit = scumbag. End of.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I honestly knew it was gonna be Batman deep down.

Was Praying it would be Colony Wars or G-Police.

Pakoe

My brother still receives his game magazines and even though all the news has already spread on the internet (they have a gaming website aswell) it's just nice to read their opinion after all these years, plus they have different articles in the magazine as well so it's not fully based on gaming.

Dabanton

39 pages of failure lol

How many times must we go through this lets stop doing the easy work for these guys. It always ends in massive disappointment.

Briarios

You're damn right. Scumbags. And this is from a person who has not even read too much about the hype - probably visited this topic only twice before today.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter in my eyes whether its one line or a whole page on 'what they are trying to hype' for the next issue - they were intentionally misleading so as to gain more purchases/orders of their magazine.

In my book, this is dishonestly for self gain/profit = scumbags.

I can't help I've got morals/standards. If anyone is to ask if I've ever been dishonest for self gain/profit, then my answer would not be forthcoming as it bodes no relevance. That can be taken however that person likes as far as I'm concerned - maybe I'm a scumbag?...

Why does it bode no relevance? Because to be dishonest for self gain/profit = scumbag. End of.

You're being absolutely ludicrous in your accusations. In what possible context were they dishonest? GAF was bursting at the seams when it heard that the Batman game was only for PS4/Xbox One and not last gen systems. You need to grow up a little bit. An insane rant because a magazine staff member was excited about their next cover story? Ridiculous.

Furthermore, business have ever right -- actually, it's a duty - to be profitable for their shareholders. Don't act like trying to stay in business is some sort of cardinal sin.

You're being absolutely ludicrous in your accusations. In what possible context were they dishonest? GAF was bursting at the seams when it heard that the Batman game was only for PS4/Xbox One and not last gen systems. You need to grow up a little bit. An insane rant because a magazine staff member was excited about their next cover story? Ridiculous.

Furthermore, business have ever right -- actually, it's a duty - to be profitable for their shareholders. Don't act like trying to stay in business is some sort of cardinal sin.

Now you're the one being ridiculous.

How is an opinion an insane rant? I need to grow up a bit?

I'm calm. Have made my opinion. If you don't like it, fair enough but the insults are not welcome.

An apology wouldn't go a miss. Thanks.

Now you're the one being ridiculous.

How is an opinion an insane rant? I need to grow up a bit?

I'm calm. Have made my opinion. If you don't like it, fair enough but the insults are not welcome.

An apology wouldn't go a miss. Thanks.
Insults? You just called them scumbags in your temper tantrum

mitchman

Gold Member
I think it's just a matter of them not being able to break the story in this number after all. It makes no sense tease a massive reveal like that and then fall flat on their face. Could be the VR reveal not happening due to Sony wanting it to happen at GDC. VR for the PS4 would be "massive".

FluxWaveZ

I think it's just a matter of them not being able to break the story in this number after all. It makes no sense tease a massive reveal like that and then fall flat on their face. Could be the VR reveal not happening due to Sony wanting it to happen at GDC. VR for the PS4 would be "massive".

Stage 1: Denial

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

They said it was a game did they not?

Griss

Wow, 39 pages. Some of you need to reassess the significance of print magazines.

Nothing of any significance will ever be revealed in a magazine ever again. So there was no way that this would be anything
a) exclusive and new (and they were beaten to the punch)
b) anything other than some major mainstream sequel

If you were making some great new IP reboot would YOU reveal it in a magazine? Of course you wouldn't. So why on earth did anyone buy OPM's bs? Confusing thread, to be honest.

KJRS_1993

The over-reaction in this thread is absolutely crazy. Some of you guys need to get a grip, and fast. The amount some are shitting their pants over this in indignant rage is humiliating for everybody.

This would be the first time Batman: Arkham Knight has been revealed (in print form) in the UK. surely?
Sure, everyone who's connected to the internet knew this a fortnight ago, but we all know that print magazines are an outdated way of receiving information.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, 39 pages. Some of you need to reassess the significance of print magazines.

Nothing of any significance will ever be revealed in a magazine ever again. So there was no way that this would be anything

If you were making some great new IP reboot would YOU reveal it in a magazine? Of course you wouldn't. So why on earth did anyone buy OPM's bs? Confusing thread, to be honest.
GI usually has good stuff, but that's it.

haha lame, thought it was gtav, nope it's BATMAN
GTAV would be even more lame. That game has been out for six months

FluxWaveZ

Game Informer is a big exception to what you're saying.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kind of amused by the reaction. Some people figured out it was Batman early on in the thread and the other most popular guess was a GTAV port job. Honestly, pretty realistic level of expectations for a GAF hype thread.

Top Bottom