• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Replicant, Quick & I were wondering if we could take over the GotG OT & Spoiler Thread? I've been coordinating with the rest of GuardiansGAF on the titles, as well as working with Quick on organizing the designs of the threads.

UPDATE: Replicant gave me approval via PM for Quick & I take over the GotG threads. Replicant himself will be posting soon to confirm this. I'll post, while both Quick & I will design (Quick has the software, I have the plan).

Replicant

Nem, can you take me off GoTG and put Quick and Neoxon on it instead? I got to do some job hunting due to recent voluntary separation and while I wouldn't mind doing this, since Quick and Neoxon want to do it, I'd rather give it to them and focus my attention on the job hunt.

Neoxon

Nem, can you take me off GoTG and put Quick and Neoxon on it instead? I got to do some job hunting due to recent voluntary separation and while I wouldn't mind doing this, since Quick and Neoxon want to do it, I'd rather give it to them and focus my attention on the job hunt.
As I said in the PM, we won't let you down. On behalf of myself, Quick, & the rest of GuardiansGAF who voted on the thread names, thank you.

Trouble

Banned
I don't want to stake a claim this early, but I would be interested in making or assisting with the OT for No Man's Sky when the time comes. So if someone else claims it when a release date is announced, keep me in mind and shoot me a PM and I'll help out however I can (I'm moderately capable with gimp and continuing to learn).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
All done.

Btw Nemesis for the PC version of

Stranger of Sword City

Will just be using the X360 OP I had made originally. Am doing up a product information image for the PC version now to use come august.

Since there is no real reason for me to make another OT if the content is exactly the same just the platform is different. :)

Will as one of the mods to help with a small title change when it gets closer to the August release.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828454

so will take care of the pc version. depending on how different the vita one is too might update the OT for that also

Rootbeer

Banned
Heads up, an OT was created for TMNT today despite my reservation. I'd intended to put my thread up later in the month closer to release. As long as the mods don't mind, I will just pass all duties onto said thread's creator.

Sanjuro

Heads up, an OT was created for TMNT today despite my reservation. I'd intended to put my thread up later in the month closer to release. As long as the mods don't mind, I will just pass all duties onto said thread's creator.

I guess this is the thread to discuss this in. Sorry, dude! I wasn't aware there was a whole OT created just for this specific purpose.

Like I said before, I mentioned creating the OT, messaged a moderator, and another member who showed interest in making the thread prior to you posting it here. I'll make note of it if I ever make another OT again (which is pretty rare outside sports stuff).

jdkluv

I would like to claim the OT for Brandish: The Dark Revenant. I've been a fanatic (and when I say fanatic...) of this series for a while and also played the Japanese version of this, so I feel qualified for this job.

Brandish: The Dark Revenant by jdkluv (18th July, 2014) - Game is scheduled to be released on the West around fall 2014.

Anyone who wants to help (i.e. probably no-one, lol) hit me up via PM.

RoKKeR

Anybody interest in doing the Metro: Redux OP? I head back to university right around the time the game comes out but would be interested in collaborating.

Couple of quick questions:

1. Are there any guidelines or prohibitions on contacting developers for art assets to use in an OT?
2. One of the games I'll be doing an OT for just went episodic. How are OTs typically handled for that kind of release? One per episode, or one for all episodes?

Thanks.

Roo

Couple of quick questions:

1. Are there any guidelines or prohibitions on contacting developers for art assets to use in an OT?
2. One of the games I'll be doing an OT for just went episodic. How are OTs typically handled for that kind of release? One per episode, or one for all episodes?

Thanks.

About your first question, I don't think there's any rule about using artwork as long and it isn't illegaly obtanied/leaked.
When I made my MK8 OT, I asked Nintendo for more (new) characters artwork explaining them what the purpose of my OT was. Long story short.. they said no due to copyright stuff. Basically, it lies on the developer. If they're ok with you using high res/new assets I don't see the problem

And about your second question, it's usually a single OT but you update it as new material is released.

About your first question, I don't think there's any rule about using artwork as long and it isn't illegaly obtanied/leaked.
When I made my MK8 OT, I asked Nintendo for more (new) characters artwork explaining them what the purpose of my OT was. Long story short.. they said no due to copyright stuff. Basically, it lies on the developer. If they're ok with you using high res/new assets I don't see the problem

And about your second question, it's usually a single OT but you update it as new material is released.
Thanks!

Parakeetman

ill have to do a proper update later from home but would like to do the OT for the vita version of

(Release Date 09-25-2014)
Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Toshokan to Mamono no Fuuin (Japan Import / PS Vita) Parakeetman (25th July 2014)

(Release Date 08-22-2014 - Will just be updating the X360 one adding a new image for the PC version as the game content is the same. Will have to contact a mod for a slight title change when the PC version of the OT is updated.)
Stranger of Sword City: White Palace (Japan Import / PC) Parakeetman (25th July 2014)

(Slated Release Window - Winter 2014 - No official date yet asides from the devs saying Winter 2014)
(might do up a semi-new OT for that one since the game content will be slightly different if they are sticking to the original design plans, not by much but some stuff.)
Stranger of Sword City: Black Palace (Japan Import / US PS Vita) Parakeetman (25th July 2014)

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC by Volcynika (July 22nd, 2014)

Collaborating with Dragon1893 and Aveyn Knight. Comes out in a week, but wanted to make mention of it here.

ooo nice will have to check it out. :D let us know when it goes live!

DaBoss

I would like to know if it is okay for me to make a thread dedicated for the whole Nintendo Live @ SDCC (Nintendo Challenge Live is what it says on the Twitch stream). It falls under SDCC, which does have a thread for it already. It should be similar to the Treehouse Live thread (though hopefully people learned not to post dumb things like in that thread >_>).

maxcriden

I would like to know if it is okay for me to make a thread dedicated for the whole Nintendo Live @ SDCC (Nintendo Challenge Live is what it says on the Twitch stream). It falls under SDCC, which does have a thread for it already. It should be similar to the Treehouse Live thread (though hopefully people learned not to post dumb things like in that thread >_>).

I'm not Nemesis but I for one would welcome that separate thread.

McNum

So, it's been nearly a year since I claimed The Sims 4, and I'm beginning to get an overview of the things I need to get done before it and get the text written that's unlikely to need to be changed, such as system requirements and such. It seems straightforward enough, but I have a few questions that I'd like to get cleared up.

1. What's the image host of choice? I've got an overview of the graphics I need, nothing fancy, I just figured out what font The Sims 4 logo is in, so I'll be using that for headers. But image headers needs a host, so what's good? Imgur?

2. While this is going to depend on both EA and the Sims Modding Community, I'd like to attach a couple of Gaf related Sims to the thread, if I can make some that actually looks good when I finally get my hands on the Create-a-Sim demo. Is that kosher? I'd love to make a Bish Sim, for instance, and share it with Gaf.

3. The US release day is September 2nd. It means that the OT can go up August 26th, right?

But as you can see, I'm mostly on top of things. Mostly. It won't be as happy and upbeat an OT as I had anticipated when I claimed it, but gotta make a fair thread, not a fan-gushing thread. And Sims 4 does have some things that look quite bad from a neutral perspective... I'll try to present it with pros and cons as best I can.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, imgur is solid for banners and stuff. Minus tends to load slowly for some and I know at least one person somehow lost all their images once.

I can't imagine people being upset with GAF themed sims.

Yep, one week out.

Levyne

Banned
Flickr, huh.

Will have to remember that for Shadow of Mordor
3AQmK.gif

Levyne

Banned
I wouldn't use imgur for game screenshots but figured it was fine enough for OT banners. That said, if there's no reason not to use flickr..

kubus

I use imgur all the time for banners and stuff (small graphics) and I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it :/. I think they only compress your images if they're above 10MB or something.

I use imgur all the time for banners and stuff (small graphics) and I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it :/. I think they only compress your images if they're above 10MB or something.

Above 2MB is the limit for total recompression. Jpgs get compressed no matter what, and PNGs usually don't get compressed at all if they're under 2MB. Flicker is best because no limit to worry about and no compression on anything you put on there. Loads just as fast, in addition to excellent organizational tools and layout.

McNum

I thought Flickr was only for photos? Did that change?

Anyway, I did an export of the current header, it's a WIP, and will probably get a little more complicated, but it's a 1000x300 PNG at 58KB. And that should be the largest file of them all. If it breaches 100KB when it's done, I'll be very surprised. Heck, I'm trying to aim for 1MB tops for all the images combined.

And yeah, PNG for life. I draw as a hobby and I always save as PNG. Preserves the colors better, especially on lineart.

kubus

Above 2MB is the limit for total recompression. Jpgs get compressed no matter what, and PNGs usually don't get compressed at all if they're under 2MB. Flicker is best because no limit to worry about and no compression on anything you put on there. Loads just as fast, in addition to excellent organizational tools and layout.
Ah, that must be it then. I always save everything as .png and it's always below 1MB. But good to know that for larger images flickr is better.

More like stop using JPEG and switch to PNG. Imgur is perfectly fine save for over 2MB images and JPEG files.

JPG is trash! Always PNG! I use Flickr because sometimes my content is over 2MB and I like everything I post online in one neat place. Whatever floats your boat, as long as it is under 2MB and a PNG.

Parakeetman

Imgur is trash. Flickr 100%. Minus is too slow.

Don't see an issue.

Yes

Im actually signed up as a paid member for Imgur and dont really have a problem with them as all of my more current OTs use them. Only have had one occasion where they went down so all the images went with it, but came back up when the site did also. Was so bad didnt even get the sad Giraffe error message too when I tried to check on the site lol.

Been perfectly happy with it otherwise. So dont see why you go calling it trash.

3. The US release day is September 2nd. It means that the OT can go up August 26th, right?

-Don't post your official thread more than seven days prior to its game's release (excepting multiplayer-centric games with large-scale long-term open betas, like Dota 2, which are addressed individually). |OT|s are not for news, so they have no reason to exist while we're still in the news cycle.

Is the official word on it from EviLore

Hey, guys, I was looking to create a thread with a Poll and was wondering how I could go about doing that? I'm still working on the actual content of the thread, but it should be done within the next day or so. Thanks!

Coreda

Bit of an unusual request but could anyone PM me some screenshots of their browser while viewing this thread?

Was needing two screenshots at 1080p of the browser window maximized on both light and dark GAF themes. Currently on a sub-1080p monitor, so needed the size references for some thread graphics I'm testing. If anyone can it would be awesome.

Update: thanks to MikeHattsu for the screenshots.

maxcriden

Hey, guys, I was looking to create a thread with a Poll and was wondering how I could go about doing that? I'm still working on the actual content of the thread, but it should be done within the next day or so. Thanks!

If I understand correctly you'll need a mod to edit the poll in for you. I don't believe regular users are able to create polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom