• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ... Madden NFL 15 comes out tomorrow and we don't have an OT for it. I assumed someone from Madden GAF but searching this thread has nothing. Think it's too late to put one together today and have it posted?

Madden NFL 15 by The Albatross (25th August 2014)

Lemme know and I can start working on it.
Thanks!

Dawg

I just received news that BurnOutBrighter was permanently banned. I won't share details, but I guess people can PM a mod if they want to know more. I'm posting this so someone can take over his Drive Club OT. I'll take MGS V myself.

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain by Dawg (28th august 2014)

I just received news that BurnOutBrighter was permanently banned. I won't share details, but I guess people can PM a mod if they want to know more. I'm posting this so someone can take over his Drive Club OT. I'll take MGS V myself.

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain by Dawg (28th august 2014)

It'll be beautiful, Dawg. If you would like any help, please let me know.

I don't know if I will have time to do it, but is thhere a timetable on an official best games of the 7th generation thread? Most new games seem to be cross-gen so I didn't know if it was about that time for a an official voting thread. Any ideas?

kubus

I'm thinking about opening a central thread for discussion of Japanese imported 3DS systems and games. Would such a thing be allowed?

It would include some basic tips for importing (stores, things to consider), guides for navigating menus and the eShop, but also a list of JP-only games and what kind of language skill they require/is recommended. The thread itself can be used to discuss games (that don't have their own special OT), ask questions, share codes, that sort of stuff.

Right now people are (ab)using someone's LttP thread to discuss these kind of things and with the recent New 3DS / LL announcement, there seems to be an increased interest in import.

Just gauging interest here and see if there's any objection to it!

Nemesis_

Thread is getting updated within the next six hours. Sorry, just things keep coming up.

I'd love to throw my name in the hate to do Resident Evil: Revelations 2 as well. Biohazard if anyone decides to search that.

Trouble

Banned
We need a No Man's Sky OT. :p

I mentioned it a few pages back. It's a bit early to claim as there is no release date and it's pretty much guaranteed to be more than 6 months out.

I'd be interested in making or collaborating on it, but I don't want to claim it this far out just in case something comes up.

MRORANGE

I cannot do these threads, can someone please take them:

Alien Isolation by MRORANGE
20th Anniversary of Playstation by MRORANGE
Grand Theft Auto V (PC) by MRORANGE

I cannot do these threads, can someone please take them:

I have a lot of work now so apologies for dumping these back to you,

here is a 'draft' alien isolation OT if anyone wants to use or change or just burn it in a fire:
ibnYtdVNJJthfu.gif

slZByEI.jpg

Publisher: SEGA
Developer: The Creative Assembly
Release Date: October 7, 2014
Platforms: PC, PS3, PS4, XB360, XBO
System requirements: not yet released

IodbIuv.jpg

Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen
years after the events of Alien, Ellen Ripley's daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth
behind her mother's disappearance. As Amanda, you will navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted
on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien.

Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your
mission, but to simply stay alive. Alien: Isolation is a survival horror game at heart with stealth elements. The film has a ‘retro future
technology’ inspired look in the similar focus as the movie. Using stealth you must manoeuvre around the ship without getting caught
by the Alien onboard the ship. The Alien is not on a scripted path but directed by the AI who learns the player’s actions and
behaviours and changes how the Alien looks for the player in the game. For example a Alien may go back to an area where it has
noticed noise or disturbances.

Unique game features:

- No HUD
- Hack computers and craft items to survive
- Non scripted Alien
- Able to play the game without killing anyone
- Dynamic sound engine

84W9UTO.jpg

"insert pictures and youtube links of the game in here"

Zbi9r8Y.jpg

"insert reviews from websites in here with scores"

Why don't mobile users like OTs that are big images? I guess data limits could be an issue, but as a mobile user myself I don't see anything else. In fact I think it is better for formatting, as it doesn't get ruined on mobile.

Volcynika

Because the ones I've seen are a huge pain in the ass to read. Reading the text sometimes requires to open the image in a separate tab and zoom in on it. That is awful for readability.

Nemesis_

Why don't mobile users like OTs that are big images? I guess data limits could be an issue, but as a mobile user myself I don't see anything else. In fact I think it is better for formatting, as it doesn't get ruined on mobile.

They look like shit.

will update thread tomorrow with these last minute changes :)

If you want an OT (there are a couple I am not willing to give up) or would like to collaborate on one I am completely open to that, just PM me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you want an OT (there are a couple I am not willing to give up) or would like to collaborate on one I am completely open to that, just PM me.

Any chance you'd pass up the Halo 5 beta thread? Found out I'm on winter break during its run. I totally understand if it's one you really want to keep though (I haven't made stuff for it or anything, just saw you had it claimed).

edit: i missed your edit. rip

Nachos

Text scales much more easily than images do, which is why, unless its a photo/image-sharing site, most websites shooting for responsive designs will put more of a focus on text, rather than delegating all of that to images. As long as the image isn't quoted, it will fill the entire width of the site on mobile, but any text embedded in it will shrink proportionally. That's pretty bad for text that might be small on desktop designs in the first place.

While we're at it, though, can we just outlaw the indent tag completely? It doesn't work with the mobile layout, so for designs that use a lot of nested ones, some content might be pushed off the page entirely with no way to scroll to it. Beyond OT design, it doesn't seem to have much use, either.

Nemesis_

Wait, isn't this releasing together with the PS4/Xbone versions?

If yes, then why a separate pc thread?

I believe he put in his interest before the next gen versions were announced or it was one of those things before we put in the rule where you couldn't grab something that isn't announced (and thus it was assumed only a PC version would happen).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127970888&postcount=2371

Did you read the OP? Are you more of a graphics person or a text person, if you wanted to work on it with me?

Nemesis_

What happens when the person who asked to make the OT is banned? Can be it passsed to someone else?
Like me?

Best thing to do is PM a mod and ask about the ban. If it's past the moment when the OT should go up, then I guess you can do it?

Or find some way to contact BroBuzz and...umm..well yeah just confirm what's going on.

Ah, sorry Nemesis, I never saw that. I'll send you a pm.

Oh, right, I'll read it soon. Sorry if my tone was a bit shit, I didn't mean to sound grumpy >_> haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom