• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

I think he was juniored under weird pretences but he's pretty much done the OT and it's ready man. Maybe contact him and see if there's anything you could contribute that he might have missed.

Dawg told me to do the thread weeks ago.

Like, ask him via PM or Twitter; he's still working on it and we spoke that I'll post it for him. He's really putting a lot of effort into it.

Huh... considering I'm doing the MGO3 OT, it would've been great if he contacted me about working together to make the two streamlined with one another. Not to mention I asked him about collaborating months ago. Thanks Dawg.

Nibel

Huh... considering I'm doing the MGO3 OT, it would've been great if he contacted me about working together to make the two streamlined with one another. Not to mention I asked him about collaborating months ago. Thanks Dawg.

I have no idea why you are making such a big fuss out of this.

Dawg claimed the thread a long time ago and is still actively working on it; then dumb things happened and we both discussed it and came to the conclusion that I'm going to post his thread since he has put a lot of effort into it already and knowing him he'll have something good.

You did PM Dawg once, then you disappeared and there was no word about the MGO3 OT (afaik people from MGS-GAF even PM'd you). If Dawg would have wanted to collaborate, he would have and both threads being different isn't important as long as the basic info is there.
If Dawg was unavailable outside of GAF and permabanned, then yes the thread should be made by someone else, but this is not the case here.

And now while Dawg is banned you come into this thread and try to claim the MGSV OT; without contacting him on Twitter or MGS-GAF on Twitter/GAF and asking what's up or when he'll return (which will be very soon).

This is unnecessary drama for all involved; Dawg will make the thread and I will post it for him. If someone wants to give him some input or coordinate things, contact him when he's back and don't just do things behind his back. Thanks Infinity Patriot.

Palpable

If someone wants to give him some input or coordinate things, contact him when he's back and don't just do things behind his back. Thanks Infinity Patriot.

There is no fuss. I was unsure of what was going on, so I asked in here. I got my answer. Nice try with the condescending shit, though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You guys can work together in the OT
Since you were the first to claim it, you should be the one posting it, tho. Seems fair

I really dont care either way just waiting for his reply. Since if he wants to do it thats just one less thing for me to worry about. If he wants me to do the import one that can be done also. But basically in that event the only thing Id really need is info.

Shun

I really dont care either way just waiting for his reply. Since if he wants to do it thats just one less thing for me to worry about. If he wants me to do the import one that can be done also. But basically in that event the only thing Id really need is info.

Yeah I don't mind giving it up. I only have info so far and no experience with graphics and pictures.

Parakeetman

Yeah I don't mind giving it up. I only have info so far and no experience with graphics and pictures.

By all means you dont have to give up anything if you wanted to do the OT. Sides graphics is just an extra of the OT whats important is having well organized relevant information on the title. Which is why was going to ask the FE Community about it since they are the most up to date on things.

Sides you wont get better at making OTs unless you do them yourself.

With that being said if you still want me to do the import one I can. Otherwise go and make what you think would be a good OT for experience!

*fixed spelling errors. how i hate touchscreen typing piece of shit useless screen lol

Shun

By all means you dont have to give up anything if you wanted to do the OT. Sides graphics is just an extra of the OT whats important is having well organized relevant information on the title. Which is why was going to ask the FE Community abput it since they are the most up to date on things.

Sides you wont get better at making OTs unless you do them yourself.

With that being said if you still want me todo the import one I can. Otherwise go and make what you think would be a good OT for experience!

I'll take care of both OTs then. Looking forward to Ray Gigant.

Parakeetman

I'll take care of both OTs then. Looking forward to Ray Gigant.

Good luck with it.

We all have to start from somewhere.

Nemesis if you see this mind changing my name out for Shun's for the fire emblem if import ot.

cj_iwakura

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the day-of-release OT rule is only for games, right? Week-of is still fair for TV shows and films?

Coreda

While making a recent OT there are a number of things I came across that may be useful to others, so thought I'd share them here.

• The mobile version (m.neogaf.com) appears to add gaps between images with line breaks (at least that's what I've seen while testing), unlike the desktop version of the site where the images are aligned flush together. This causes issues for separate images intended to appear as one whole image (useful for dividing linked areas of an image).

• If the 24,000 character limit is being reached the 'http://' or 'http://www.' can be stripped from [url] tags. In addition the double quotes added when using the Add Link button can be stripped (URL="") Stripping the 'http://' breaks [img] tags however. Link shorteners such as bitly can also be used to save space if really needed, although it adds a layer of obfuscation that you mightn't want.

• Turns out Abload.de doesn't support uploads of PNG-8 and appears to convert them to PNG-24 (haven't checked but this is my guess), increasing the filesize again. So anyone using that site as a host for indexed PNGs should find a different host.

• There's a bug where it's sometimes possible to save over the max 24k character limit if editing using the inline editor, rather than the advanced page (I've found while active it bypasses the usual inline editor limit notification popup). Not particularly useful as it's bound to break sometime during an edit, but worth noting.

It also becomes apparent that a few more formatting elements would vastly help improve consistency between desktop/mobile versions and layout in general. A container element with a max-width value that scales in width flexibly down but not up would be useful for properly setting text width, and a container element for images to align horizontally without breaking on smaller widths would improve image formatting. A centering element would also be a nice to have, but is a more visible change that I somehow doubt would be added.

Looks like my OT claim for Distance was also removed from the OP. As it comes out this year I'll quote it again for Nemesis_

Quick

Banned
While making a recent OT there are a number of things I came across that may be useful to others, so thought I'd share them here.

• If the 24,000 character limit is being reached the 'http://' or 'http://www.' can be stripped from [url] tags. In addition the double quotes added when using the Add Link button can be stripped (URL="") Stripping the 'http://' breaks [img] tags however. Link shorteners such as bitly can also be used to save space if really needed, although it adds a layer of obfuscation that you mightn't want.

I'll add on that a lot of websites also offer a shorter link for sharing, and if not, there's always Bit.ly.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about making some SVG elements for the E3 2015 | General Information and FAQ thread. In the past when I have had vector art in threads some people haven't been able to see it (on mobile it can be problematic to view SVG), and there's been some problems with people having Google Drive, the host I used, blocked (at work). What would be the best solution here, I want to go for maximum readability/clarity?

Coreda

Rösti;165758366 said:
I'm thinking about making some SVG elements for the E3 2015 | General Information and FAQ thread. In the past when I have had vector art in threads some people haven't been able to see it (on mobile it can be problematic to view SVG), and there's been some problems with people having Google Drive, the host I used, blocked (at work). What would be the best solution here, I want to go for maximum readability/clarity?

qhlxuk.svg

Huh, never expected SVG was embeddable here. According to caniuse.com it's supported on every browser, so perhaps mobile GAF is breaking it. I've used Dropbox for photos before (not on GAF though), as there's a way of making the photos hotlinkable:

Original share link: https://www.dropbox.com/....blah....png?dl=0
Change to: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/....blah....png

Keep in mind I'm not sure how much bandwidth they allow if thousands are viewing it. Otherwise a host like pomf.se supports all formats, although in the past it has been blocked by some AVs due to false positives. If the compatibility issues are too many you could use PNGs instead, obviously.

Nemesis_

SO MY LAPTOP DIED and its a pain to update this with my phone so I'll be able to actually update this as promised before the weekend.

Apologies y'all, I made an effort to stay on top of this but then my fucking fan in my lappy had to shit itself >=(

Sorry for asking, but how does the 1 year rule applies for the game that is coming next year, but there's no exact date yet. Do I need to wait until there's a solid release date before claiming one?

Vylash

Sorry for asking, but how does the 1 year rule applies for the game that is coming next year, but there's no exact date yet. Do I need to wait until there's a solid release date before claiming one?

wait for a solid date, we don't know when it's coming in 2016

Toad.T

Banned
I'd just need some general touching up for my Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure OT. Things like better looking images/fonts and transperancies. Anyone want to help?

Not sure if it needs to really be posted here but just to follow the usual routine.

Canadian E3 Sales by dancrane212 (2nd June 2015)

Checked with a mod just to be sure it shouldn't just be a part of the Canadian deals thread and got an OK. Figure having one spot with all the info will cut down the usual repetition of questions that usually come up.

...That is to say if we even get an E3 deal this year...

Right, I think I'm gonna relinquish the Halo 5: Guardians OT. Thought about it long and hard, but I'm just not excited enough about the game to feel I can do it justice.

On that note, however, and with my hype level through the roof, I would love to work on the Fallout 4 thread, barring any objections. Welcoming any and all collaborators.

Fallout 4 by Blue Ninja (June 3 2015)

Does Fallout 4 even have a release date yet?

Nope, not yet.

Parakeetman

Right, I think I'm gonna relinquish the Halo 5: Guardians OT. Thought about it long and hard, but I'm just not excited enough about the game to feel I can do it justice.

On that note, however, I would love to work on the Fallout 4 thread, barring any objections. Welcoming any and all collaborators.

Fallout 4 by Blue Ninja (June 3 2015)

Does Fallout 4 even have a release date yet?

Volotaire

Rösti;165758366 said:

I was wondering, since for the past 2 years we have had Nintendo schedule E3 thread, would it be suitable for me to create one. The usual OT's we have every year for E3 are an OT for each conference, your General Information OT, Amirox's news update OT, this one and other particular livestream ones (such as GT and Treehouse).

Here are the threads from past years:

2013: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578852
2014: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830158

I will also be happy to take the 'Spoiler Free E3 Thread' as I will be available to update it with all the conference links as they are archived.

Spoiler-Free E3 2015 Press Conference thread by Volotaire (3rd June 2015 )

I'll post it on the 10th June, 4 days before Bethesda. I'll try and add links to more popular reaction streams like Giantbomb too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom