• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Okay so I've done my best to update this (and it's a pain on a tablet) so for now I think I got everything, even if it took me twice as long ._.

Thanks to everyone who uses the formatting. It helps so so much.

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

With most of the work done I'll move things around to accomodate date announcements etc tomorrow night.

Cheers guys!

Not sure if you were only doing E3-related updates, but I made a reservation to do The Martian for this November October a page back.

Thank you for updating! :D

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm only doing the E3 2015 | General Information & FAQ thread which is more of an overview. It should be up tomorrow (Friday).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Okay so I've done my best to update this (and it's a pain on a tablet) so for now I think I got everything, even if it took me twice as long ._.

Thanks to everyone who uses the formatting. It helps so so much.

Please let me know if I've missed anything.

With most of the work done I'll move things around to accomodate date announcements etc tomorrow night.

Cheers guys!

Great update and thank you for the hard work as always Nemesis_!

My game released in the EU a few days before NA. I didn't know. Should I get the OT out ASAP, or wait for the 24 hour deadline on the NA date? It's just one day. Deadline would be tomorrow at midnight.

TheMoon

My game released in the EU a few days before NA. I didn't know. Should I get the OT out ASAP, or wait for the 24 hour deadline on the NA date? It's just one day. Deadline would be tomorrow at midnight.

Game release is game release. Nobody gives a damn about America when the game is already out. :D

Post it.

MattyG

Banned
Edit: Actually, I just had an idea. I'm going to try to do one on my own real quick, and if I can't and someone is willing to try, I'll post back here in a bit.

It's probably a little late, but could anyone help me with some decent looking banner for the Bethesda thread? I have a header banner, but I don't have any for my subcategories. I would try, but I could barely get that heading banner looking good (I had to use Mac Preview for it since I don't have Photoshop).

I just want something small and simple that matches the look of my header for each of the bolded and underlined lines (like Date and Times, Livestreams, etc). This is the thread as is;

MattyG

Banned
I'm fairly certain the font for the Bethesda logo is Helvetica Pro Black, if it helps.
It does actually, thanks!

What do you guys think of this style? It's still got the Gaussian Blur from the header and the white font. It's not the exact same font (I'm still using Preview, and I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to something like adding fonts), but it's close enough I think. I can't tell if it's too small or not though.

Ttyb.png

It does actually, thanks!

What do you guys think of this style? It's still got the Gaussian Blur from the header and the white font. It's not the exact same font (I'm still using Preview, and I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to something like adding fonts), but it's close enough I think. I can't tell if it's too small or not though.

Ttyb.png

Make it a *little* bit larger, by a point or two and it looks like it's set!

MattyG

Banned
Make it a *little* bit larger, by a point or two and it looks like it's set!
Thanks for the tip!

These are the final products. Some of them the white text blends into the background a little bit, but I couldn't find a way to outline the text to fix it. I think they're still readable though.

suyb.png

quyb.png

ruyb.png

puyb.png

nuyb.png

tuyb.png
This one's Prey 2. Just to torment everyone lol
Nvyb.png

MattyG

Banned
Sorry for the double post, but one last question; Thin black border on the top banner or no border?

9pyb.jpg

Fuyb.jpg

The border matches with the other small banners, but the no-border one looks neater and cleaner.

Sorry for the double post, but one last question; Thin black border on the top banner or no border?

9pyb.jpg

Fuyb.jpg

The border matches with the other small banners, but the no-border one looks neater and cleaner.

I like the border, as you said, it fits in well with the small banners.

You've done a really great job by the way! :)

MattyG

Banned
I like the border, as you said, it fits in well with the small banners.

You've done a really great job by the way! :)
Thanks so much, I appreciate it! I'm glad I gave it a shot myself before trying to get someone else to do it. Maybe I'll get some better software and give some more OTs a try in the future!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fairly certain the font for the Bethesda logo is Helvetica Pro Black, if it helps.
Bethesda's logo is actually much closer to Nimbus Sans Novus D Black. It's a custom cut as far as I can tell. It doesn't matter much though, I think the banners look great.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I would like to claim the Analogue NT OT in June

I have been covering its tragic journey so far on GAF, have one of the earliest preorders in and think its fair that I give it a chance of a positive showing now that it turned out to be real.

Analogue NT by Chittagong (17th June 2015)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I would love to collaborate with the dedicated fans on the Final Fantasy VII Remake. As I know how important this game is for so many people (mine included), I do not wish to solo-work this thread. I want the full 100% support from the people will join me on this fantastic trip.

Final Fantasy VII Remake by Yoshichan - and the community (2015-06-16)

Vylash

I'm guessing Shenmue III OT is out of the question right now? :p

Edit: I'll go ahead and reserve it. Let me know if it is too soon!

I'd love to work with other Shenmue fans! :)

Shenmue III by Mr. RPG (15th June 2015)
not even funded yet, let alone having a release date
Finally!

The Last Guardian by Agram (15th June 2015)

gotta wait for a release date/quarter since it could be late 2016

I would love to collaborate with the dedicated fans on the Final Fantasy VII Remake. As I know how important this game is for so many people (mine included), I do not wish to solo-work this thread. I want the full 100% support from the people will join me on this fantastic trip.

Final Fantasy VII Remake by Yoshichan - and the community (2015-06-16)
i don't even think this has a release year

or this

openrob

I'm guessing Shenmue III OT is out of the question right now? :p

Edit: I'll go ahead and reserve it. Let me know if it is too soon!

I'd love to work with other Shenmue fans! :)

Shenmue III by Mr. RPG (15th June 2015)

Seriously I would really really love to contribute to whoever does the OT.
I would ask myself to do it, but it's already claimed.

In a year or two when it releases, if I haven't been banned, die, or loose internet access because I have moved to the mountains, please let me contribute to the OT..
It will be my gift offering to the Gods of Neogaf for being gracious enough to let me rant about Shenmue since I became active.

Wow, I should have thought of how this thread would look after E3 before aimlessly coming in.

We established the release date rule for a reason. The Final Fantasy 7 remake and Shenmue III? Seriously?
Unfortunately most people coming in here probably just dashed to claim the OTs and didn't see or check to see if there were new rules.

Roo

Unfortunately most people coming in here probably just dashed to claim the OTs and didn't see or check to see if there were new rules.
Luckily for us, Nemesis won't add any "OT claim" to the list until their respective games get an official release date rendering it useless.
Only until then, ANYONE can come here and do the proper claim :)

Fracas

#fuckonami
I imagine Dreams isn't that far off, right? It's been quite a long time since MM has done anything.

I totally understand if it's against the rules though. I'll be back when there's an official release date! Really excited for this game.

Mr. RPG

Wow, I should have thought of how this thread would look after E3 before aimlessly coming in.

We established the release date rule for a reason. The Final Fantasy 7 remake and Shenmue III? Seriously?

The rule isn't set in stone yet according to the OP

We are considering asking prohibiting people from claiming threads that are for the distant future and limiting users to games that have actually been locked down for release. We haven't stopped you from doing so yet, but use common sense; there's no need to claim something 4 years in advance.

If Nemesis thinks it is too soon to claim the OT for Shenmue III, it's fine. Let's wait for him to decide.

Seriously I would really really love to contribute to whoever does the OT.
I would ask myself to do it, but it's already claimed.

In a year or two when it releases, if I haven't been banned, die, or loose internet access because I have moved to the mountains, please let me contribute to the OT..
It will be my gift offering to the Gods of Neogaf for being gracious enough to let me rant about Shenmue since I became active.

It isn't claimed yet. :p

I would definitely love to work with you on it regardless!

As im in mobile and the game is probably going to be showed in the pc e3 conference just in an hour, i want to claim it before someone with a pc goes faster as its my dream thread to make because im a huge roller coaster tycoon fan and this is going to be the real spiritual sequel.

Planet Coaster - Theme park sim game by Frontier developments by SpacePirate Ridley [16th of June 2015]

EDIT seems to be releasing in 2016 with a public beta around the corner.

the one year rule isn't in the OP, but it's been around for a while
The rule isn't set in stone yet according to the OP
That part of the OP hasn't been updated in a while. We've basically agreed to the 1-year rule as a OT making community, and we're self-enforcing it to ease Nemesis' and the mods' workloads. Here's Nemesis' relevant post:

The thread is updated but this Marvel shit is getting ridiculous, I wish they wouldn't announce things so far out.

I figure between Quick and Neoxon and the other guy (Enigma?) that you guys have it worked out amongst yourselves who will be doing what and it seems to be pretty locked down in terms of dishing them out amongst yourselves.

But as of today if it's not coming out this year it ain't going on the list. It's getting way too ridiculous. Depending on how things go, I might take the other ridiculous things off the list (like Avatar 3 for example) but we'll see how things go.

I left Jessica Jones because I looked into this myself (I don't even know why) and I would be very surprised if that didn't make it this year.

But can we all start being a little bit more sensible about this from now on. How many of you can possibly (and reliably) predict where you'll be in 2018? I'd wager not many (and honestly I'd hope not many).

the thread should be all updated now, btw, as always reply to me if I've missed anything but I don't think I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom