• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Xbox Power King Memes

Mattyp

Gold Member
Good luck with that.:messenger_grinning_smiling:

I know I'll enjoy the shit out of Doom, Wolf & Prey 2 and might check this Starfield out as well. Maybe elderscrolls to... we'll see.

But quick question on the TF doesn't show the whole story what part do you think I should upgrade next on my rig?
My 2080 to a 3080? Or my nvme with a write speed of 2500Mb/s to new Sammy one with 5500Mb/s? Just wanting to know which would provide the best graphical upgrade....

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I know I'll enjoy the shit out of Doom, Wolf & Prey 2 and might check this Starfield out as well. Maybe elderscrolls to... we'll see.

But quick question on the TF doesn't show the whole story what part do you think I should upgrade next on my rig?
My 2080 to a 3080? Or my nvme with a write speed of 2500Mb/s to new Sammy one with 5500Mb/s? Just wanting to know which would provide the best graphical upgrade....

Trick question, PC games aren’t made to specific hardware.

Starfield

If you want a 3080 make sure to upgrade your motherboard. What 99% of all these 3080 buyers don't know is that most of the motherboards they use probably still have pcie 3 slots which will be a bottleneck.

I'll buy the 3080 before October (don't believe in all this fake shortage crap) and shortly after I Wil upgrade my motherboard and ram aswell

EmWPGo1.jpg

If you want a 3080 make sure to upgrade your motherboard. What 99% of all these 3080 buyers don't know is that most of the motherboards they use probably still have pcie 3 slots which will be a bottleneck.
Nope.....not yet. It´s at least going to take another ~2 years and another 1 or maybe even 2 gens of GPUs to make PCIe3 a bottleneck.
The variance on the RTX3xxx cards between PCIe 3 and 4 is <1%.
Absolutely not worth upgrading for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom