• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of this upcoming baseball season's ridiculous concession food war

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pizza one is lazy, stupid, and just terrible.

Safeco Field (Mariners) has a new Dungeness Crab Sandwich that at least looks appealing:

20150401marinersfood_01.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
If I could afford to drink enough to get drunk at a ball game.. I'd totally down that churro dog.

I'd regret it soon after.. but I'd totally do it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Pittsburgh Pirates, PNC Park - Cuban-Style Pretzel Dog with ham, pork, swiss cheese, Dijon and pickles.

P1JIZNF.jpg
Ugh, this looks like a fucking alien autopsy or something.

New York Mets - Smores Covered Bacon

Q4eYSBt.jpg

Phillidelphia Phillies - Triple Triple Burger

7Pi4uY6.png

(Minor League) Timber Rattlers - Big Mother Funnel Burger

0hba5CR.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well guess I'm going to a Padres game this season...

Looks like the biggest addition there is the arrival of Pizza Port.

The brewpub's five grub and grog locations (in the Mercado, the main level, Toyota Terrace, and two on the upper level) will sell cheese, pepperoni and garlic artichoke pizza, plus their signature garlic beer buddies with ranch and marinara sauce and Pizza Port beer on draft and in cans. Featured beers are Swamis IPA, ChronicAle Amber, Ponto Session IPA, Pick Six Pilsner and an exclusive brew called Petco Park Pale Ale.

Other than that and a few other things they haven't announced their new major concessions yet.

The park's planning to make even more announcements about all new concessions soon, so we'll update accordingly.

Apparently every Tuesday night home game there will be Taco Tuesday with $1 steak and chicken street tacos at locations around Petco Park.

All the Dodgers have this year are a couple new Lasorda Italian dishes, fried Dodger Dogs, and carne asada fries.

I want to try that Churro Dog.

Apt101

All of that looks like great novelty food for a ballgame (especially after a few cups of beer). Well, perhaps not the candied bacon or pizza + bloody mary combo. Those just sound gross.

jblank83

Baseball Fan: "I want some bacon but I want it all fancy-like."
Food Vendor: "I can put the bacon on a stick."
Baseball Fan: "PERFECT!"

I just want a beer and hotdog

My best food experience at a sports game was having like 5 knishes at the meadowlands at a giants game. I have no idea why they were selling them but a few beers and some Jewish delicacies were god given.

riotous

Banned
That pizza one is lazy, stupid, and just terrible.

Safeco Field (Mariners) has a new Dungeness Crab Sandwich that at least looks appealing:

20150401marinersfood_01.jpg

It's just sort of average food you can get all over the city though.

They have Sushi and Thai and all that Jazz but I usually just go with a Hot Dog as it's more nostalgic and not something I eat on the regular. I'd be down for one of these unique / semi-gross things from the... less cultured parts of the country. lol

zulux21

Looks like the White Sox are also going to offer flights of bacon:

7QATREO.jpg

If I get to a game I might try all but the jalapeno one, but if I recall right the bacon on the stick was either 10 or 15 each.... and I don't know if I want to spend that much on baseball park bacon when I could just go to the store and get a couple pounds to snack on at home while watching baseball.

I will definitely be trying that S'mores covered bacon next time I'm at Citi Field, but I will say there is nothing better than a cold beer and a Premio hot sausage with onions and peppers.

Machine

For our friends from across the border in Windsor, one of the Detroit Tigers vendors sells a poutine hot dog.
Poutine%20Dog%20004_2.jpg

Allforce

I'm never interested in this kind of stuff when I go to a baseball game. If I can even find where they're serving these crazy dishes (it's always like one stand hidden away somewhere, or in one of the restaurants attached to the stadium), the prices always turn me right off.

I don't even want to think about how much they charge for that simple "bacon on a stick" item. Any guesses? I say 12 dollars for 3 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom