• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
finishing up my last night this season at 3343.

i could have been a bit higher since there was a nepal match my first game where one guy bugged out and DC'd most of the last round when we were winning and we couldn't manage 5v6. either way doesn't look like i was quite up to getting in masters.

something to shoot for in season 4 i guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
instalock dps
all 3 never even try to kill mercy

like why do people play this game like this. i dont even mean like why cant you aim i mean like why cant you fucking breathe and blink at the same time

hypernima

Banned
that mccree on the other team kept trying to get potg. like the soldier in your team said, he's useless lol

Yeah I was the soldier, though I did fuck up killing him a few times.

Watched for a few minutes, that 4 stack is horrible, especially the DVa.

Yeah, I was trying to get a few of them to switch and they just were not trying to flex at all. Then I was too generous in trying to let someone handle DPS because we needed a tank and that didn't go so well. I might try to hop in comp soon but I'm just fearing I'll run into another unyielding 4 stack, or solos who "main" a hero then do nothing.

Edit: Soon as I post this lo and behold...

instalock dps
all 3 never even try to kill mercy

like why do people play this game like this. i dont even mean like why cant you aim i mean like why cant you fucking breathe and blink at the same time

I love all those people who just shoot Reinhardt shield brainlessly then reload to do it again, give idiots a target and they will eat it up.

antitrop

But you should destroy the shield.

It's one of the most important targets in the game.
Why don't more people understand this :(

The most frustrating games I've ever had are where the DPS just try to flank around the Rein shield and fail over and over again, instead of just taking it down head on.

Manoko

Having the worst luck in terms of teammates, impossible to get out of 2800 SR for some reason.

This game is so f*cking frustrating on solo queue, it's insane: either you carry hard, or you lose.

I'll uninstall and move on, having to carry 2-3 shitty/trolling players each game isn't what I consider to be fun anymore.

I mean they should be taking advantage of it being down, you shoot it to go in, some people will just stand back, reload and shoot at it again like it will accomplish anything.

That will always depend on what's in front of them and also your Rein's shield if you have one on your team to provide cover while you go in. But focusing on the shield to keep it low is something that you should always do.

maomaoIYP

I love all those people who just shoot Reinhardt shield brainlessly then reload to do it again, give idiots a target and they will eat it up.

8 shots from Roadhog and 200 damage from any of the other 5 people on your team will shred right though the shield. Can you imagine how quick and useful that is?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want a helmet skin that covers Torbs face
isaac_clarke_by_alpolo007.jpg

8 shots from Roadhog and 200 damage from any of the other 5 people on your team will shred right though the shield. Can you imagine how quick and useful that is?

Yeah I sure do, and I do harass and attack at any chance I got (even as mercy), but usually when it breaks and I try and get a valuable target down my team sits behind just to let rein shield regenerate...

I have lost past 2 hanamura attacks due to team being too afraid to go past the first chokepoint.

hypernima

Banned
I'm gonna end this season at 2383, can't really bring myself to play more comp.

Hopefully, platinum/diamond is within my reach next season.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
you picked mercy
I picked Mercy after they picked all that nonsense. I wasn't going to solo heal as Ana.
I would switch out D.Va for Hog, but that's actually not a bad cheesy comp.

If I was the Mercy, I would be focused on pocketing Bastion.
We got rolled, slowly but effectively and I did pocket Bastion. It was the enemy team's Tracer which did most of the work.

Moonkid

Sorry peeps on PS4 right now, I'm just finishing off some casual games before going out. I'd message ya but I don't want to get a separate app for messaging on me phone

Alucrid

Banned
I picked Mercy after they picked all that nonsense. I wasn't going to solo heal as Ana.

We got rolled, slowly but effectively and I did pocket Bastion. It was the enemy team's Tracer which did most of the work.

it was a joke. but why not solo heal as ana. she's the best option there. you're not going to top off rein or dva fast as mercy and you don't really have someone to fly to safety with

it was a joke. but why not solo heal as ana. she's the best option there. you're not going to top off rein or dva fast as mercy and you don't really have someone to fly to safety with

Agreed. Ana is the only healer I'm comfortable solo healing with, if need be. She just does so much more healing than every other support and can DPS better than any other healer.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm not gonna pretend I'm the world's greatest Ana and so I don't like playing her solo, but sure I'll give it a shot when the next meme-stack rolls around.

Welp, hit 2700 again and then I figured that's good enough for this season.

Considering I peaked around 2700-2800 it was nice to have a winstreak get me back up there.

I could play more tonight but, I don't want to tilt if my streak ends. Just wanted to be higher than 2500 so I don't start next season too low.

I've been saying for a while that Rein needs some change in either his kit or interactions to it. I'm not a Rein hater, he just has way too much importance in his place in the game and it's not just a matter of his role. For as much as people considered triple tank boring, it's the Rein metagame that will turn me off from the game if it persists in the way it currently is, because it's becoming such a rote encounter to deal with. I also miss the days pre-Ana when healing was at a pretty good spot. When Mercy was the main healer there was at least some chance to overpower healing and chase down a kill. Being able to get fast picks is so important right now because of the wall Rein provides and how quickly the average character can get burst healed after disengaging.

finishing up my last night this season at 3343.

i could have been a bit higher since there was a nepal match my first game where one guy bugged out and DC'd most of the last round when we were winning and we couldn't manage 5v6. either way doesn't look like i was quite up to getting in masters.

something to shoot for in season 4 i guess.
I like when I randomly queue up with GAF folks. I saw you on Oasis about a month ago or so on the opposing team. I remember queuing up with antitrop at one point in QP on Volskaya as well. I've also run into some TF2 GAF in QP from time to time. I played my last comp match of the season this morning and I was just having a goofy good time with it, I was really just going to town with Ana and making surprise nanos my shtick, giving the recipient a pep talk when they just got nano'd out of the blue. They loved it.

Do you get an extra SR penalty for quitting during what the game considers is the match still being in progress? Just quit too fast post-game and got the fucking 10 minute suspension and it feels like my SR dropped an abnormally high amount. Like FUCK, the "DEFEAT" had already shown up on the screen and I was fucking tilted and ignored the huge red banner. FUCK.
You lose 50SR for quits.

i wonder how long before we see cross-over skins. hey, give widowmaker a ghost skin and she'll have one good one
I demand Barbarian Zarya. Then she can at least have two good skin sets.

Magnus

I miss fun competitive play over 2300. After some shitty losses back-to-back midway through the season, I tanked to 1900, and then suddenly, only ever joined complete joke teams that never tried to coordinate and always just plain sucked. No matter how well I did, we'd lose. I routinely found myself with 3 or 4 golds, and I'm not even that good. That losing streak has continued. It's like it's impossible to win once you fall below 1900.

I've lost like 30 games in a row now, and am just over 1600. It's no fun anymore.

This is my first season of Overwatch Comp. When will it end, and will we get to do placement matches again? I'm better than this garbage tier I've fallen into.

This is my first season of Overwatch Comp. When will it end, and will we get to do placement matches again? I'm better than this garbage tier I've fallen into.
It ends tomorrow, then there will be a one week hiatus and season 4 will begin on the 28th. You get placement matches again, but if they take the same route with season 4 as they did season 3, the SR you ended the season with will be heavily weighted to the outcome of your placements, which really calls into question what point placements serve.

Magnus

It ends tomorrow, then there will be a one week hiatus and season 4 will begin on the 28th. You get placement matches again, but if they take the same route with season 4 as they did season 3, the SR you ended the season with will be heavily weighted to the outcome of your placements, which really calls into question what point placements serve.

I'm confused by what the bolded parts mean. If they take the same route? Like, if you get placed the same way in S4 as you got placed initially in S3?

And then, how does the SR you end S3 with affect anything?

I'm confused by what the bolded parts mean. If they take the same route? Like, if you get placed the same way in S4 as you got placed initially in S3?

Ah, okay. Well in S1 and S2, you started your placements as a blank slate. In S3, they took the SR you finished S2 with and weighted it into your placements, meaning that regardless of your placement results people generally ended up in the ballpark of what they finished S2 at. They might change that for S4, but so far to my knowledge they've made no indication of that so the assumption is S3 final SR will be weighted into your S4 placements.

Your current SR as of the end of last season affects your placement in the next season. If you place Gold in one season the highest you will probably place is around Gold. That's what I've been told, at least.

Magnus

Fuck. So I'm stuck around this terrible ranking?

I can't get onto a winning team for my life. I know I'm better than this =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom