• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 40, 2014

Id be shocked if it didnt sell the same if not more digital, you can get it for £34,99 or pay upto £60 for it on disc. I dont know a single person out of my friends list that bought it on bluray they all went digital. This game was always going to be a strange one at retail given most will be waiting for the free plus version.

I agree, my friends also bought digital and I'm sure Digital sales will be great for this. It would have been even better if the servers are up and running. This is a good game for multiplayer and has updates planned everything month to revisit the game with even better features and enhancements.

NHale

This definitely shows how the mainstream adoption of buying online is still not there. Driveclub was a lot cheaper digital than on any UK retailer and still there was people buying it on retail.

Carl

And when will that be? Because by the time it does sort itself out (whenever that is), new releases are starting to come out and people will look at other titles to spend their money.

I was joking. Last week Hndle kept talking about word of mouth

This definitely shows how the mainstream adoption of buying online is still not there. Driveclub was a lot cheaper digital than on any UK retailer and still there was people buying it on retail.

Difference is you can trade it in. If I was buying it, I'd still go retail. I can buy it for £41 (though with my discount it would undercut the PS+ price) and trade it in afterwards which would work out cheaper (even buying it without discount).

Sintoid

DC sold well despite Plus Edition and its Digital Upgrade price... I'm very surprised. Maybe Evolution will not be shutdown this year

And when will that be? Because by the time it does sort itself out (whenever that is), new releases are starting to come out and people will look at other titles to spend their money.

DC has updates planned for the next 8 months and still it has not received its dynamic weather update and other things. So, there are many things that might attract people in long term from this game than at launch. I expect this game to perform better (especially digital) in long term once the developers try to add the features missing and tweak the game based on feedback which they are intend to do.

DC sold well despite Plus Edition and its Digital Upgrade price... I'm very surprised. Maybe Evolution will not be shutdown this year

It's the only exclusive racer on the system, and in the UK, racers always sell well. Plus it's coming up to the Xmas period. So it'll probably sell well over a longer period too.

I remember when I bought new consoles at Xmas, I'd always buy 2-3 games and makes sure 1 of those was a racer to round out the selection of games to get stuck into. Well that's me anyway. That might help DC.

Just because of average reviews and server issues will force the studio to close? Evolution may have some problems right now but i'm sure they can sort out everything and get this game to a good position very soon with the updates which will make it as good solution for the racing fans in PS4 (It has very good user base) until GT7 comes.

Top Bottom