• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey and his OR on the cover of TIME: Kill me now

hohoXD123

If someone could edit this gif to show Palmer's head on the cover, I would cry.

What about this?
mMK02aI.gif

AAK

Cover aside, I wanna see what's in the article. I really want to know how he got someone like John Carmack to throw away everything he's worked on and become his employee.

Cover aside, I wanna see what's in the article. I really want to know how he got someone like John Carmack to throw away everything he's worked on and become his employee.

That's an easy one, Id/Bethesda wouldn't let him pursue his VR stuff more, he'd been doing a lot of his own tinkering before and wanted to do it full time. Met Palmer on some boards (mtbs I think) and they talked shop a bit, eventually met up and he showed Carmack one of his prototypes. He was so impressed by it he started hooking him up with some industry peeps and the rest is history. The hire to Oculus came later obviously but the main impetus was Beth not giving him the freedom to work with it more.

Jarmel

Banned
This cover and article were done by people that had no interest in Palmer or VR and were either incompetent or held an active dislike for Oculus.

gunstarhero

The crazy thing is no matter how hard I laugh at all the photoshops coming in this thread, the original Time cover is hands down the funniest.

This cover and article were done by people that had no interest in Palmer or VR and were either incompetent or held an active dislike for Oculus.

I wouldn't be surprised. The combo of that image and the tidbit that was posted in this thread makes it seem like either utter indifference or actual dislike

LiK

ROFL, Gamasutra, Polygon and Game Informer all put up stories about the reactions at the same time.

Neiteio

White people had come so far to convince the world we can jump, and now TIME has set us back 30 years. Thanks for nothing, TIME!

Top Bottom