• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey backs Trump with shell companies using Chrono Trigger names

Arttemis

He's a shithead who funded shit posting and meme campaigns as a means to disrupt and delegitimize the political process, aside from supportong Trump which is abhorrent in itself.

He's a 14 year old shit heel internet troll trapped in the body of a 24 year old multimillionaire.

DESTROYA

Really hate when GAF gets political.
Not a fan of him but its America where people can support whoever they want for whatever reason.

Aselith

You guys just don't get it. If you wrap yourself in the stars and stripes, that gives you immunity from criticism. It's like cheat codes for life.

I actually do sympathize a bit with the fact that just supporting Trump doesn't in and of itself merit the demonization that has been levied at him. I mean for me personally it's disappointing, but I can get over people having different political opinions. Having said that, the story here about what exactly he did is really, really bizarre. I think he deserves plenty of flack if for no other reason than that he seems to be a god damn moron in terms of understanding how he should conduct himself publicly.

Usobuko

Banned
Aye, a white supremacist thru-and-thru.

I bet what they hate most is their fellow white not agreeing with their asinine beliefs. Those traitors!

Fliesen

I feel way less strongly about the fact that he supports Trump than about the fact that he's such a coward about it.

That whole "no, you see, i'm a libertarian" shtick is getting so, so old ...

I actually do sympathize a bit with the fact that just supporting Trump doesn't in and of itself merit the demonization that has been levied at him. I mean for me personally it's disappointing, but I can get over people having different political opinions. Having said that, the story here about what exactly he did is really, really bizarre. I think he deserves plenty of flack if for no other reason than that he seems to be a god damn moron in terms of understanding how he should conduct himself publicly.

I'm sure some people dislike him purely for his terrible political views.

However, I believe the vast majority took issue with how he went about supporting said views. Shadowfunding shitposting and endorsing online trolling/harassment is abhorrent no matter how you slice it.

I'm sure some people dislike him purely for his terrible political views.

However, I believe the vast majority took issue with how he went about supporting said views. Funding shitposting and the endorsing online trolling/harassment is abhorrent no matter how you slice it.

Right. And like I said it was just done so bizarrely. I still don't understand why he created the persona just to openly admit to the Daily Beast that it was him writing that stuff as the character just to then backtrack and take some cowardly "I'm actually a libertarian" stance.

For me, it's hard to sympathize with anyone who supports a platform built on white-nationalism and fascism with no shit's given to the common man white, black, Hispanic, Asian or otherwise. The fact that Palmer acted like a total coward throughout the ordeal didn't help matters either.

Right. And like I said it was just done so bizarrely. I still don't understand why he created the persona just to openly admit to the Daily Beast that it was him writing that stuff as the character just to then backtrack and take some cowardly "I'm actually a libertarian" stance.

Cause he's a kid who just so happens to be wealthy (for now).

Arkeband

Banned
They call me Palmer ♪
I have metal joints ♪
Beat me up ♪
And earn 15 silver points ♪

h72hulc.jpg

BBboy20

So many babies in here worrying about yosp following whoever on social media. "I'm gonna switch consoles this gen cus of it", lol, get over yourselves. I mean some people follow all kinds of groups on social media, it does not mean they automatically share the same views as those groups/people. Also does it really matter, especially since yosp usually comes off as nice/genuine guy.
Donald Drumpf represents so much that is wrong with humanity and 62,984,825 Americans handed him the most powerful force on planet Earth. Humanity is now on the brink because of this orange clown. There is no room for "tolerating" the intolerable anymore. It has be fought where ever it's at if we were to have an immediate future.

"No, you don't understand- I spread hate speech and lies about minorities and foreigners because it's my freedom of expression to do so. What's your problem?"

Criticism and critique were practically invented for how to respond to such a query.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yet another so-called libertarian that curiously enough seems to be fine with supporting Republicans and hating Democrats. How shocking.

Euron

Not a fan of him but its America where people can support whoever they want for whatever reason.
Through his contributions, he is directly funding an ideology that believes talent outside of the United States does not deserve to work in the gaming industry here [US] because they are inherently lesser beings. This "America First" ideology Palmer is supporting is not founded out of pride in one's land but rather out of hatred for everything and everyone else. Since Game Development is a global industry, the funding of xenophobia has large potential consequences.

gafneo

Banned
Would make sense that another rich person would support a rich person. Palmer is trying to get future tech funded and all. Also glad Gawker is dead. They deserve it for exposing someone's privacy illegally.

Chumley

Banned

How is it possible that people still think posts like this are going to fool anyone

"I hate when (insert name here) gets political" in 2017 is something only someone with highly suspect motivations would say.

Top Bottom