• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAYDAY The Heist | PSN STEAM |OT| You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Card Boy

Banned
From the Steam forums on the latest 22 meg patch.

PATCH 5 is any moment now. It is a small but important one with fixes based on the Xmas feedback.

Fix for custom Nvidia Settings being reset by PAYDAY

Fix for Steam disconnect crash

Fix so you can play PAYDAY in Steam Offline mode

Fix for random crashes in Diamond Heist

Fix for Drop In disabling some interactions for the dropped in clients on Slaughterhouse.

Optimizations for more FPS.

PATCH 6 is bigger with the OVERKILL 145+ features etc but we wanted to get this one out fast for you guys.

Bo

The amount of support this game is getting blows my mind. I can't wait for patch 6, i think its the first major DLC.

Card Boy

Banned
PS3 going to see these patches?

I'm not sure as I havent seen anything to my knowledge about the PS3. But from the wording from some of devs posts on the Steam forums the DLC will be free at least on PC. At least thats the impression i got.

I guess Payday is like a L4D situation between PC/360.

FatBaby

I don't know if anyone has been following this, but they have been releasing select clips from the soundtrack that is coming out soon pretty much every other day or so. Well today they teased the a new song from a new heist coming in the DLC called Counterfeit.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/?p=566

I said wow.

Is the community on this still pretty active on PS3?
Also, does anyone if the PS3 version supports LAN play?
I really want to pick this up but I'm concerned because my internet's kinda crappy as in, stuck-with-NAT3-no-amount-of-forwarding-ports-will-fix-it, crappy.

Played half an hour yesterday, was enjoying it until it became apparent the AI is terrible. Some times you get enemies standing doing absolutely nothing. The game seems really shallow, not much in the way of planing or strategies.

In conclusion so far im disappointed, i was expecting a game with similar quality to Left 4 Dead, maybe more buggy, but PayDay doesn't live up to those standards.

Hope my opinion changes.

Picked this up at the last sale and it really exceeded my expectations. Fantastic game that is a lot of fun to play co-op with friends/family.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
how do I get this free weekend? I click on the banner and it just reloads the page.

reload, motherfucker

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is this game really crash prone or something? I can get through about 10 minutes of a mission before it starts fucking up (black screen/sound distortion/etc). It seems fun, though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is this game really crash prone or something? I can get through about 10 minutes of a mission before it starts fucking up (black screen/sound distortion/etc). It seems fun, though.

PS3 or PC? On Steam, it's flawless. Nothing I've seen yet that is pertaining to what you're saying. I have to assume this is the PS3 version you speak of.

I'm ready to double dip but not for 20 on PSN.

Card Boy

Banned
2 big updates from Bo (Overkill Dev)

overkill_bo said:
Guys just posting to give you a heads up

DLC is really a Expansion pack. It extends the game lenght with about 40%

The Update with OVERKILL 145+ has hit PSN just now and will hit PC in between 3-20 hours (all depends on ppl pushing emails between SONY, OVERKILL and VALVE and stars aligning)

UPDATE 6 for PC is a lot of extra game play and fun / much more so than mere bug fixes etc

We know you will love it >)

Also a timeline of what to expect in terms of updates. (we are at update 6)

overkill_bo said:
Nope order is as follows

Update 6

Update 7 (small)

DLC expansion 1

Update 8

DLC expansion 2

etc

PC update is up now as of this post.

No patch notes yet, but i discovered a FOV slider in the options menu. up 100, and up to 75 when aiming down the sights.

Card Boy

Banned
Excellent patch notes, the post release support these guys are giving the game is amazing. I will buy the Expansion pack DLC to support these guys when it comes out.

Where's the soundtrack,DLC, and will any of this be on PC?

Not sure about sountrack, but 'DLC' will be an Expansion pack making the game 40% bigger. Yes it will be on PC.

BHK3

Banned
Excellent patch notes, the post release support these guys are giving the game is amazing. I will buy the Expansion pack DLC to support these guys when it comes out.

Not sure about sountrack, but 'DLC' will be an Expansion pack making the game 40% bigger. Yes it will be on PC.

I'm retarded, I meant to say ps3.

BibiMaghoo

Just picked this up in the sale based on the demo (ps3, its only 7.99gbp)

Have to say it's pretty good, have yet to try it online as the update is over a Gb and a half. Would recommend for the price to anyone still on the fence.

Card Boy

Banned
New DLC made its way into the lastest patch. DLC isn't up yet.

Rxyz.jpg

Kweh

I bought Payday : The Heist on Steam, but everytime I load it, it immediatel goes back to the desktop.

I am on Windows 7 with a HD 5750 and latest Catalyst drivers.

Anyone else have/had this problem?

So I just got this and my framerate is terrible. It's a max of 30fps and seems to be even less. Can anyone help? I'm running an Alienware X51 w/ a quad core i5 and Radeon 7870. I've set it to 1080p and all the settings maxed. I've tried turning down some stuff but no change in the framerate. I'm not sure what's going on since all other games run well with everything turned on. Anyone have any suggestions?

derExperte

The new No Mercy-DLC is out now! Sadly the game here crashes to desktop when loading the level and it happens to a few people but not everyone.

Drencrom

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/?p=869

Our work of fan fiction has now reached its’ fruition. This infectious heist can no longer be contained, we are expelling it from the office.

In a unique collaboration, we will bring you Mercy Hospital, the newest heist for our players in the PAYDAY: The Heist.

Set in the Mercy Hospital, the gang is on a quest for blood. The source is carrying some kind of rare virus that has potential buyers on the outside. Get in, get the blood samples, get out. Don’t worry – spilling some of the blood can’t be the end of the world…

This heist will be free for all PC Steam users that own PAYDAY: The Heist and will be automatically added to your list of Heists in-game with the latest update. We have also added new masks and a new theme based on our infected friends.

At 9ish PST get ready to get back into PAYDAY!

Until death do us part, please check the trailer and the screenshots from the new heist.

Aw yeah, been waiting for this!

BibiMaghoo

The wolfpack DLC is up on PSN now people.

But something very odd has happened with my download...

I purchased the DLC (NOT the bundle) and added to my download list. I quit the store and checked it, and it is downloading 'Payday' the full game and the DLC seperate.

I thought it was a mistake, so I paused the game and just downloaded and installed the DLC.

When launching the game, I get the message:

'Downloading the latest update data... It is recommended that you use this software after the download is completed''

Except this is not the update screen. This is in the actual game with the music playing.

So I have started resuming the game download thinking this must actually be the update, but it is over 3Gb.

I do not know what the F*** is going on with this, but something is not right here.

LkPr

online community still OK for PS3? I tried playing this on my PC and I just couldn't handle it (I'm new to PC Gaming so this probably wasn't a great FPS to start with) ... also since I'm at work and can't check, anyone know the pricing for the game and DLC on the PS3 (I am a plus member too if there is a discount)?

Erasus

Just keep playing on PC?

Try free fps games like TF2, Blacklight to get the hang of aming with a mouse.
Or quake live :)

Pandemic

Tried out the new DLC, great fun, even normal difficulty is pretty hard, which makes the replay factor that bit better.

I'm surprised that this game doesn't get more GAF love. Such a fun co op game and the new DLC is great. I started on the PS3 version when it first came out but I switched to Stream once I built a new rig right before the summer sale.

Highly recommend this for anyone who hasn't played it. I actually prefer it over L4D2. Can't wait to see what Overkill releases next.

Mikor

Anybody else actively participating in the big Counterfeit mystery? If anybody is playing on PC, experiment with the boat on Wilson's property. The community has all but figured this secret out...

For the love of god can anyone explain the leveling up system to me?

I don't understand the different classes or even how to pick them.

I don't understand how to get upgrades or upgrade things I do have.

And do the challenges just give you money or do they give you unlocks?

I'm on the PS3 if that makes any kind of difference.

BibiMaghoo

For the love of god can anyone explain the leveling up system to me?

I don't understand the different classes or even how to pick them.

I don't understand how to get upgrades or upgrade things I do have.

And do the challenges just give you money or do they give you unlocks?

I'm on the PS3 if that makes any kind of difference.

When you are in the game lobby (or in game itself) if you hold the select button, it will bring up a screen that shows the different classes. Each class has a corresponding button to press, that will then assign money you earn to that skill tree. Each time you level up you will unlock something from the tree you are using. You can change the tree any time the same way.

You don't 'play' as a class, you just unlock as a class. So you can mix and match anything you have unlocked from different trees when chosing your loadout.

Challenges give you money -same as objectives - and the money goes towards the next unlock on the tree you are using. Upgrades for each item are on each skill tree.

Oh I see. Thanks, that clears things up a lot. Man it seems like it's going to take forever to unlock the red dot scope for the assault rifle. I'm assuming that's under the Sharpshooter tree, right?

BibiMaghoo

Oh I see. Thanks, that clears things up a lot. Man it seems like it's going to take forever to unlock the red dot scope for the assault rifle. I'm assuming that's under the Sharpshooter tree, right?

Each weapon belongs to a tree and the unlocks for that weapon are on the same tree.

So if you mean the AMCAR-4 then that is the assualt tree for the unlock.

M308 rifle is the sharpshooter tree, Shotgun is support. I think the Brenner is also the assualt tree, as you start with the AMCAR anyway.

Ive found that playing on higher difficulties is the way to go, as you earn much more money for doing the same heist. Many of the levels also have cash or gem pickups that bag you extra dollar if you find them. Overkill requires a couple of good team mates if you can find them. I play on PS3 so add me if you want. My ID is the same as my GAF name.

I'm about 20 levels away from the new cap, and have my gold masks. Still I have not finished all the weapon challenges, so I wouldn't try to go for them, just get them as you play.

If you want to play solo on a higher difficulty, I would recomend Diamond Heist, as you can clear half the level without an assault if you are stealthy, there are also 10 diamond cases to grab, and a large diamond you need the glass cutter for, and this is aside from the main objective, so you can grab a shit load of cash for it.

I have to say I'm sad I didn't get this sooner, I played a little today since it's free with PSN plus and it's a really awesome game. I held off before because I heard it's not fun unless you have friends on it but it's been pretty cool even with random people. I hope this goes on sale soon for PC so I can pick it up.

Just remembered this game was free to download on PS+. Download and get ready to play and surprise! 3gb patch! What the hell does it do? It's bigger than the game itself.

Top Bottom