• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Moofers

he's lucky 4chan ain't involved.

That'd be even scarier since each time somebody links to a page over there, I can never figure out what the hell is going on. Its the most jumbled mess of a forum I've ever seen. They could be planning how to murder this guy and he'd never be able to decode it through all the signatures, images, and l33t 5p34k.

Jarlaxle

I had a customer tell me once he was going to contact "a moon god from Ganymede to destroy me". All I did was ask him to confirm a postal code. Fucking whacko. Customers can be awkward and stupid as hell, but dealing with it is simply part of your remit sometimes. You either develop a thick skin and laugh stuff off or find a different job.

This asshole deserves everything thats coming to him. Just wish it happened a week before Christmas.

I once had a customer tell me it was their constitutional right to have coco krispies. Customers suck but you don't act like this guy. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

h3ro

Look back at product reviews from this year. It's a shitty product by most accounts and the company has been awful at fulfilling orders and keeping promises. The teacher just licensed (hopefully they didn't sell it outright) their design to the wrong manufacturer.

Yeah, I hope he held on to the rights as well as I think a product like this is needed. Hopefully the next iterations are better constructed.
and better marketed

quick. someone post a picture meme of 'you are already dead' with this guys quote of 'I Dead Serious' change it to 'I are alreaddy Dead'

EGG

Neo Member
Wow just read that. How did this scumbag make it anywhere in the industry? I realize you don't have to be nice all the time, but basically saying fuck you to a paying customer? :|

Stubo

quick. someone post a picture meme of 'you are already dead' with this guys quote of 'I Dead Serious' change it to 'I are alreaddy Dead'
'I are alreaddy Dead Serious'

This is very interesting to watch unfold. I had actually heard of the product prior to all of this because it was featured on a gaming site some time back, I seem to recall the physical design being referred to as a 'monstrosity'.

Regardless, if people have use for this thing, it would be a shame to see it crash and burn because of one man's stupid antics. Hopefully they can shed him from their operation without the whole thing coming down. It will be interesting to see the results either way.

Mihos

Gold Member
Son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls and before it was the internet, thanks for the welcome to message wurd up

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

It all makes sense:

Yes, it makes much more sense indeed; in my understanding people on steroids sometimes can turn to be hyper-aggressive and over-reacting, it's just a side effect of it and we may just think of it as he was under cocaine or some other drugs affecting his personality for the worst.

By the way this alone cannot account for the bad grammar and punctuation though.

zethren

Banned
He's going to have a lot of work to do trying to dilute his google searches now.

Throw his name into a google search, along with Ocean Marketing. lol

I hate to devolve into ad-hominem attacks, but I guess this is a more recent picture of Paul, via twitter. Doesn't exactly match up to his twitter profile picture. Eek.
482686886.jpg

Enco

Man, I kinda feel for the guy.

Sure he was an ass but the internet is showing no mercy :lol

edit: Fuck 4chan getting involved. The guy has a kid. Knowing them they'll getting physical in real life. Anyone wanting this is a complete moron

oneHeero

Is the guy not replying to anything right now? No tweets, fb, etc? Did anyone befriend him on FB?

I'm at work and cant visit sites, gives us work ppl some more screens of the funniez

I'm confused. That "jayaroni" guy on Kotaku thinks the customer has a sense of entitlement and is getting demanding. But when you've apparently paid money in full for a product in a huge time window expecting it before Christmas and you're giving vague dates, isn't it reasonable to ask for a date so they know whether to bother keeping the order or not? He paid money and expected a product. Why is this wrong? The Ocean guy started it with this:

im sure you don’t complain to activision or epic games so put on your big boy hat and wait it out like everyone else. The benefit is a token of our appreaciation for everyone no one is special including you or any first time buyer . Feel free to cancel we need the units were back ordered 11,000 units so your 2 will be gone fast. Maybe I’ll put them on eBay for 150.00 myself. Have a good day Dan.

Aw, damn. Well, I hope they have someone else to provide for them since this guy just destroyed his career.

The sad part about this is: no, he didn't. Once the initial uproar dies down, he probably insured a sweet gig at a more cut-throat type of PR agency that sees this type of behavior as desirable. And before anyone starts calling me names or feels the need to belittle my intelligence, I have two words:

Bobby Kotick.

Remember, in the business world, being a mouthbreathing shitpile isn't a bad thing, it's a bullet point on your resume.

The sad part about this is: no, he didn't. Once the initial uproar dies down, he probably insured a sweet gig at a more cut-throat type of PR agency that sees this type of behavior as desirable. And before anyone starts calling me names or feels the need to belittle my intelligence, I have two words:

Bobby Kotick.

Remember, in the business world, being a mouthbreathing shitpile isn't a bad thing, it's a bullet point on your resume.

You could not be more wrong. No reputable company would desire this kind of representation.

Bobby Kotick.

Nah, I think you're wrong about this. Guy has no education, background or real place in marketing to begin with, and it doesn't take much effort to figure that out. There's an important difference between "cutthroat" and "imbecile."

eznark

Banned

Bobby Kotick.

Someday you will enter the professional world and your world view will be rocked.

Barrett2

Someday you will enter the professional world and your world view will be rocked.

Eznark, we like the cut of your jib.... but upper management is worried that you're not getting involved in enough endless emails with disgruntled customers. Can you step your game up?

scy

I'm confused. That "jayaroni" guy on Kotaku thinks the customer has a sense of entitlement and is getting demanding. But when you've apparently paid money in full for a product in a huge time window expecting it before Christmas and you're giving vague dates, isn't it reasonable to ask for a date so they know whether to bother keeping the order or not? He paid money and expected a product. Why is this wrong? The Ocean guy started it with this:

I'm really not sure why he's trying to spin it. It's not the delay itself that is the problem, which both he and Paul seem to zero in on, but the delay without any communication. The $10 discount I suppose is where the entitlement comes into play but, honestly, that discount should go to those who put down full price for a product months in advance; they're the ones actually hurt by the delay. Using it as an incentive for future customers leaves a bitter taste in the mouth to those who jumped on board early. Especially when it's an incentive for future buyers that is put out before the product even makes it to the pre-order group!

inky

Bobby Kotick.

Not comparable at all. Bobby is hardly the PR person, and his comments have never been directed at customers. When he says dumb disgusting shit is usually about the business side of things and his products. His actions have been directed towards his employees of course, but that is a different matter altogether. It's been a long time since he's been a headline actually, and we probably have to thank a pretty sensible PR team for that. This Ocean mktg guy would be a nightmare to control when his attitude is that of a roid raging 17 year old CoD player. Even if you are a douche, you don't want one representing you, quite the contrary.

sajj316

Bobby Kotick.

You could not be any more wrong on this. As someone that has dealt with the service side of software (back in the day), this behavior is sort of black listing.

Top Bottom