• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Reload Won't Include Content from FES or Portable, Including the Female Protagonist

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I've played enough that I can look at a game and generally guess what I'm getting;
You say this...
For one thing, sad truth about turn-based combat is that it's pretty hard to differentiate one system from another.
and then you say stupid stuff like this...

Tell me have you played Digital Devil Saga? Does it play like Persona game or SMT? Heck Press Turn SMT plays very different than Once more system from Persona 3,4 and 5.

Also complaining about Atlus dosen't change things up enough and then wanting them move on to Persona 6 which is guess what?.........its gonna play like Persona game.

Last edited:

Gexxy1

The answer wasn't very good and I don't care about the female MC. So this is a non-issue for me.

I just hope they make a ton of improvements to the game in other capacities, Persona 3 has an amazing story and characters.

graywolf323

Ugh. Wasn't expecting FeMc but thought the Answer would be in.

Don't get the hate for the Answer. Combat focused challenge with some good character moments.
honestly I’m really surprised by the lack of the Answer especially with how the trailer opens on Aigis

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I don't want to play with the weak and loser protagonist... I want to play with this baby

FyLjzb7XoAAKGmV

Fs-3S7HXgAEYjGU

FiyZgbMXgAAGPAH

femc__winter_outfit____persona_3_portable____dl__by_lazyspongie_ddsejnr-350t.jpg

ProtoByte

You say this...

Also complaining about Atlus dosen't change things up enough and then wanting them move on to Persona 6 which is guess what?.........its gonna play like Persona game.
I like how you miss out the part where I talk about how the gameplay isn't what really sells these games.

With Hashino gone, I do expect a change in stylistic direction. That's what I'm interested to see. Not retreads of P3 or stupid looking Soul Hackers tier irrelevance.

zedim

Neo Member
to me the most disappointing thing was the same as metaphor, targeting the switch instead of base ps4, doing a remake basically only one generation above(ps2 to switch) seem kind of pointless. Specially in 2024 where the probabilty of there being a switch 2 is pretty high. i thought atlus would invest in better graphics after their latest games being so successfull, i dont see any of the games(this or metaphor) surpassing the 3 million sales due to to the outdated graphics. Hope im wrong though

Barakov

Gold Member

Danjin44

I like how you miss out the part where I talk about how the gameplay isn't what really sells these games.
For you, I LOVE Atlus turn based combat in fact what got me in to SMT/Persona series in the first place.

With Hashino gone, I do expect a change in stylistic direction. That's what I'm interested to see. Not retreads of P3 or stupid looking Soul Hackers tier irrelevance.
Don’t worry once Persona 6 gets announced you back and complain about same old shit like you always do.

Also none of the Soul Hackers made by Hashino.

He made Nocturne, Persona 3-5 and Catherine.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I don't care, as long as I can control each party member instead of just AI controlling them I'm ok. If I can't I'll wait for the definitive version later.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I found the Fes content to be pretty obnoxious to play through, so I can't say I'd miss it. Not that there wasn't an opportunity to refine it, but P3 stands more strongly on its own.

Rac3r

Pointless remake, and not definitive, but I'll prob cop the physical version for the collection. What the hell was the point of the HD remasters if they had this game in the pipeline? The time would've been better spent on making a proper P3P/FES definitive version while also remaking P4G.

Last edited:

killatopak

Is it really? Lot of people were asking for remake of Persona 3 especially.
It’s not exactly pointless but it’s definitely lacking. I mean someone already said it earlier. P3 fans are always torn on which version to play because of gameplay, story and additional protagonist choice for a reason.

I’m sure they’ll at least update the gameplay aspects to include full party control but once again P3 fans will still be torn on which version is the definitive one. I mean the fate of one character even hinges on which protagonist you pick.

Danjin44

It’s not exactly pointless but it’s definitely lacking. I mean someone already said it earlier. P3 fans are always torn on which version to play because of gameplay, story and additional protagonist choice for a reason.

I’m sure they’ll at least update the gameplay aspects to include full party control but once again P3 fans will still be torn on which version is the definitive one. I mean the fate of one character even hinges on which protagonist you pick.
Knowing Atlus Reload will bring its own unique content same way P5 Royal and Catherine Full Body did.

Also it turns out P3 Reload will have 2d anime cutscenes...
6fqRqa.jpeg
6fqTYe.jpeg

6fqk2k.jpeg

Its unrealistic to expect to two anime cutscenes for each MC, I mean the only reason FeMC was possible in P3P in the first place because they took out all the anime cutscenes. As for The answer content in FES, most people were not fan of it and Atlus realized that so they didn't bother included in

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
It's from the '90 I keep reading these bullshits from japanese developers finding excuse to implement features because "we believe people".

Like 1995 when Namco released Ridge Racer Revolution with the old track locked only in Link mode because "we believe customers should fully experience the new track".

drganon

Knowing Atlus Reload will bring its own unique content same way P5 Royal and Catherine Full Body did.

Also it turns out P3 Reload will 2d anime cutscenes...
6fqRqa.jpeg
6fqTYe.jpeg

6fqk2k.jpeg

Its unrealistic to expect to two anime cutscenes for each MC, I mean the only reason FeMC was possible in P3P in the first place because they took out all the anime cutscenes. As for The answer content in FES, most people were not fan of it and Atlus realized that so they didn't bother included in
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything positive about the answer.

Lack of femc sucks, but understandable.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The producer is saying that the SCENARIO "The Answer" or P3P's female route will not be included.

BUT

they will still roll back some content from FES into the main game, which I assume means the added events and expanded social links that the main game got with the update.

However, this does not mean that certain elements in the main story added in FES are not included in Reload at all.*

Gambit2483

to me the most disappointing thing was the same as metaphor, targeting the switch instead of base ps4, doing a remake basically only one generation above(ps2 to switch) seem kind of pointless. Specially in 2024 where the probabilty of there being a switch 2 is pretty high. i thought atlus would invest in better graphics after their latest games being so successfull, i dont see any of the games(this or metaphor) surpassing the 3 million sales due to to the outdated graphics. Hope im wrong though
They go where the money is...and right now, in Japan, it's on the Switch. So of course they are going to make sure it runs on Switch (possibly also Switch 2).

Persona 5 Royal sold great on Switch not to mention butt fugly Pokemon Scarlett and Violet showed that even an ugly unoptimized game can find major success on Switch if the gameplay is fun enough

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
The main improvement is the graphics, but even that is a meh level upgrade over the original, it's so minimal they still need to use 2d character portraits.

Will wait for the definitive edition and half off sale.

Danjin44

So did they make any changes on the tartarus because that was my biggest problem with the game.
I’m sure they will bring some improvement to it but it’s not gonna similar to palaces in Persona 5. Persona 3 structure was somewhat different since you needed progress through Tartarus and at full moon you do main story in Dark hour outside of the Tartarus.

Top Bottom