• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

The shit storm from Europe didn't change their decision to lock Arena 1.

It didn't make them not lock Arena 1, but I think it made them not lock Ultimax.

I think Atlus US probably took a lot more notice of the response to the region lock than a lot of people expect. They are, after all, a company who thrives on their reputation, and it made them look really bad.

I think it's safe to say that it was Atlus JP who chose to lock the first game, and I think this time around Atlus US likely really pushed to make Ultimax region free.

yyOfJLOl.jpg

Make it happen Atlus

I'M ON IT.

*runs to grab pens*

FluxWaveZ

I think it's safe to say that it was Atlus JP who chose to lock the first game

Maybe, but it could have been a bit more complicated than that, considering things like Index's involvement.

Huh, I just saw the third variation of that Ultimax "final stage" with the crystal in the middle. Interesting.

It didn't make them not lock Arena 1, but I think it made them not lock Ultimax.

I think Atlus US probably took a lot more notice of the response to the region lock than a lot of people expect. They are, after all, a company who thrives on their reputation, and it made them look really bad.

I think it's safe to say that it was Atlus JP who chose to lock the first game, and I think this time around Atlus US likely really pushed to make Ultimax region free.

And good on them for that, at least they listen to their fanbase unlike some other companies that I wont name.

I'm still going to wait until a month before release for an EU release announcement before importing though.

Rhapsody

Banned
I was watching him play down at EVO. He's a pad player too. Pretty sick.

I don't think pad at this point matters, haha.
Maybe, but it could have been a bit more complicated than that, considering things like Index's involvement.

Huh, I just saw the third variation of that Ultimax "final stage" with the crystal in the middle. Interesting.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Index was involved in that decision either.

FluxWaveZ

Full version of what I'm going to assume is "Break Out Of The Dome" was playing on the stream right now for longer than we'd heard it before, for something new.

FluxWaveZ

List of some new things PSC episodes have shown off:

Episode 1: P4D screenshot.
Episode 2: 1/12 size figure of P4AU arcade cabinet, Nanorich VC Aigis and Elizabeth figures, P3WM footage.
Episode 3: Exclusive P4AU gameplay (Rise), exclusive PQ gameplay.
Episode 4: P3WM DVD, exclusive PQ gameplay.
Episode 5: P4AU arcade stick, new P4AU figure, P4AU new character trailer unveil.

Just a list of what PSC has had to show since its inception (excluding episode 0). Production values for the show have been ramping up, and so have the things they've had to show and the interesting dev. team answers they've had to share. They've had special guests on since every episode after 2, as well, so maybe episode 6 will be cool, too. Maybe something interesting might even happen before ep. 6 on July 25 that they'll be able to show more of like they've been doing.

Didn't AtlusJP say, or at least implied, that they region locked it to cut down on potential reverse importing?

FluxWaveZ

Minazuki talks about protecting a certain boy and creating a different world for said boy.

I love Sho's puns. His sweep has him say: "Have a nice trip!"

FluxWaveZ

Yep, that and another win quote where he explicitly states that he will protect that boy at all costs. It had been talked about before when Minazuki was released with an arcade patch, but everyone referred to him talking about a girl, and then speculation drifted wildly to that girl probably being the anti-Shadow weapon girl mentioned in P4A.

Yep, that and another win quote where he explicitly states that he will protect that boy at all costs. It had been talked about before when Minazuki was released with an arcade patch, but everyone referred to him talking about a girl, and then speculation drifted wildly to that girl probably being the anti-Shadow weapon girl mentioned in P4A.
Who is this boy? A new character?

PK Gaming

Been a while.

Personer:
Awesome Persona.

The lengths you go towards making these Persona's more legit is seriously impressive. I mean, drawing them alone is hard enough, but going out and finding demons/gods/etc to tie them back to your Personas sounds like a tough task in itself!

I love the weapon choice for Yumi. Definitely cool.

Awesome Persona.

The lengths you go towards making these Persona's more legit is seriously impressive. I mean, drawing them alone is hard enough, but going out and finding demons/gods/etc to tie them back to your Personas sounds like a tough task in itself!

I love the weapon choice for Yumi. Definitely cool.
Thanks. Before I drew my first Persona I actually sat down and figured out each deity thing I would base each on. Some of them were... not easy, and I went back and forth on a few. I was actually going back and forth on Hisano's up until I actually started drawing her's.

FluxWaveZ

Wait, wat?

So this Sho Minazuki have two personalities inside him? I wasn't aware of that.

They are definitely two separate identities. Just their disposition and personalities makes that obvious. It's still ambiguous whether or not they have two separate bodies or inhabit the same one, however those Minazuki quotes could definitely be about Sho regardless.

And these EVO P4A finals are nuts. A decent amount of viewers too, for a side tourney that was barely advertised.

Edit: A Yukiko vs. Mitsuru grand finals is something unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom