• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't listened to the stream yet, but there's some JP DLC that hasn't been officially announced here yet, like the story and music DLC. Even DLC from the first game (glasses, narrators, pallette swaps) haven't been announced.

Dantis

Dude.

Please don't post 6MB PNGs.

EDIT: Also, I would advise against getting hyped for anything like this, based upon past experiences.

Swedesu

Dude.

Please don't post 6MB PNGs.

EDIT: Also, I would advise against getting hyped for anything like this, based upon past experiences.

Sorry man, didn't look that big on my phone.

And of course I realize this is most likely not going to happen.

FluxWaveZ

And to anyone who missed it, about the "more to come":

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120764146&postcount=31

And this.

Yeah, seems like oftentimes when things are vaguely referred to concerning upcoming Persona news, it doesn't end well. To be fair, though, it usually didn't end well when it was teased by someone presuming to be an "insider", and not by Atlus themselves. Let me compile similar scenarios that I remember:

- P4D teased for E3 appearance via E3 media badge -> appearance was the month old trailer (June 3, 2014)
- Hashino talks about the Atlus brand still being awesome and teases future announcements -> P4AU announced 3 days later + Nov. 24 event (August 13, 2013)
- Hashino teases future announcements -> PQ, P4D, P5 (October 25, 2013)
- P5 will be at E3 2012, 2013 and P5 will be at TGS 2012, 2013 according to insiders -> No
- P5 will be a current gen. (then next gen.) game according to insiders -> Not right now, anyways
- Atlus opens teaser website -> November 24 event (September 26, 2013)
- News of interest for Persona fans teased via anime stream -> P4GA (April 26, 2014)

I guess I just listed that to show that they don't tease upcoming announcements like that too often, and when they do they tend to pay off. This tease is of too small a scale and not in a context that lends to it being something significant, however.

hao chi

Amazon knows me too well. Whenever their ad appears on NeoGAF for me, the only item listed is Persona 4 Ultimax.

I don't think I've even looked at the game on their site. Nope, not creeping me out at all.

Dantis

Thanks, NeoGAF.

Yeah NeoGAF. Thanks.

Also, VGMDB seems to think that Next Chance To Move On is by Meguro. Assuming they're right, that's pretty interesting. It sounds very different from his normal stuff.

Also, the ending theme for P4GA is apparently called 'Dazzling Smile'. Lol.

EDIT: Also I just realised the lyrics are all about Marie. Huh.

FluxWaveZ

And Gematsu is already reporting that more DLC characters are 'confirmed.' Even worse, they quote a NeoGAF topic as the source :/

Plus they report "early fall" being news, even though all the specific "placeholders" had limited it to that time frame before (September 22, 30). I guess it might have been the first time "early" was used, but I think that's kind of what everyone was expecting.

Edit: The P4AU situation almost reminds me of the BB leak concerning Ken and Rise on April 17, which was then followed up by a Japanese announcement on April 22. Unrelated: Here's Nanako announcing the title of the game.

Caladrius

Remember kids, forum posters aren't a credible source without extreme justification (Ala Mama Robotnik).

Why is this so difficult for game journalists?

Lunar15

Well, I'm glad they largely cleared up that the quote was not specifically referring to DLC characters. I hate when companies make weird quotes that cause a lot of speculation and then refuse to clear things up until way later.

The new character is me

image.php

Setsu00

Yeah NeoGAF. Thanks.

Also, VGMDB seems to think that Next Chance To Move On is by Meguro. Assuming they're right, that's pretty interesting. It sounds very different from his normal stuff.

Also, the ending theme for P4GA is apparently called 'Dazzling Smile'. Lol.

EDIT: Also I just realised the lyrics are all about Marie. Huh.

This is correct. Meguro's name is in the credits as the composer of "Next Chance to Move On" (and "Shadow World" while I am at it, but it's not like we didn't already know about that).

CorvoSol

You would be correct.

Cool, cool. Most every P3 and P4 character I'd want is in, I think. Playable Fuuka'd be hilarious, but whatev's. I think the roster is pretty good already.

What I really wish ATLUS would do is announce the game for Vita, but I'm not holding my breath, there.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| POLICE DICK LOL

sorry.

Now now, that's just taking it to far.......

Persona Community Thread |OT6| "Sho" Me Your Dick

It's called the Heart Attack Grill. Wouldn't ever eat there myself. >.<

Reminds me of a similar place in London

BreakfastBlowout-312x300.jpg

Yu just said that there are more DLC characters to come.

EVO has been amazing for Persona - regarding new character; money talks, canon walks. I'd guess it's
Makoto

Despite the phrase being taken out of context, i still think
Makoto
is coming. It would be such a wasted opportunity if he didn't show up

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Cool, cool. Most every P3 and P4 character I'd want is in, I think. Playable Fuuka'd be hilarious, but whatev's. I think the roster is pretty good already.

What I really wish ATLUS would do is announce the game for Vita, but I'm not holding my breath, there.

I would like to play as FeMc or Marie.

Honestly, I think Fuuka would make even less sense than Rise. Her personality is just way too passive.

Despite the phrase being taken out of context, i still think
Makoto
is coming. It would be such a wasted opportunity if he didn't show up

Given that Elizabeth's goal in life is to bring him back (or 'release him' if you want to split hairs),
it's more a question of whether it happens in Ultimax (which is supposed to bring the P4 story to a close) or P5 (or, god forbid, even later). Why bring it up if they weren't going to do anything with it?

Dantis

This is correct. Meguro's name is in the credits as the composer of "Next Chance to Move On" (and "Shadow World" while I am at it, but it's not like we didn't already know about that).

Yep, I checked after I made that post.

I'm actually really impressed. It's a much more 'normal' sound for his music. I wonder if this is somewhat indicative of the sound Persona 5 will take. There are similarities between the music here and the audio in the Persona 5 trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom