• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pete Hines: Indiana Jones (Machine Games) Will be PC/Xbox Only - Will Launch on Game Pass Day 1

cireza

a6bbxzii45c81.jpg
I have this controller and can't help but see two dicks in his signature. Quite disturbing.

graywolf323

So let that be a lesson.

Going forward, no more Moneyhats™ lingo should be thrown Sony's way. Amazing how it all NOW comes full circle for those that argued until they were blue in the face prior to this.
heck they’ve continue to push that BS even after your post here, apparently it’s okay when Microsoft does it (STALKER 2, etc.) but Sony is so evil when they do it that it somehow forces Microsoft to buy publishers 🙄

Gojiira

Banned
Ironic you make this accusation while posting an obvious lie. When did MS sign a legally binding agreement to make every upcoming Bethesda game multi-platform?
MS made promises to regulators when purchasing Zenimax that is was not about removing content from other platforms similar to this ABK stuff. Look it up. MS outright cancelling Redfall and Starfield etc directly goes against promises made…

cireza

name me one time Sony has bought a publisher that had a contract for a game and renegotiated that contract to cancel the game for a competitor’s platform
It happened ? It didn't ? Who knows ? Who cares ? The public is not informed of these changes anyway, this is an exceptional case.

Games becoming exclusive to one platform or another are fine for the most part, people need to stop crying about this and get over it. Indiana Jones is a brand new game by the way, not a sequel to a previously multiplatform series.

Want to play Starfield or Indiana Jones ? Buy a Series S for cheap or play on PC.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
name me one time Sony has bought a publisher that had a contract for a game and renegotiated that contract to cancel the game for a competitor’s platform

the only double standard here is this continued BS that because Sony makes third-party exclusivity agreements (ignoring the fact so does Microsoft!) that that then justifies Microsoft BUYING publishers

edit: of course this point has been made repeatedly before, you both know it and yet you continue to ignore it to instead spread FUD

Why does it have to be the exact same scenario, down to the letter?

Square would most certainly have made FFXVI for Xbox without Sony’s intervention. Ditto for FF7R. If you’re fine with that, not sure why you’re upset about this.

I don’t get this focus on ‘publishers’ like it’s the ultimate anathema. Sony tried to buy Leyou, a publisher back in 2020. They only failed because they got outbid by Tencent. And they’ve certainly picked up multiple developers since 2020.

Ozriel

M$FT
Which is why regulation steps in when you want to buy the largest publishers in the world and "not stop at them"

And yet every regulator approved the Bethesda deal without extracting any commitments and only the FTC expresses serious opposition to the ABK deal with respect to potential console SLC.

i.e. consolidate the industry to you and only you.

Even if the ABK deal gets passed, Microsoft would be a long, long way from that. Not even close.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Making games for more gamers for more platforms by law of subtraction.

If it’s on game pass, you have like 5 devices in your house that can stream the game. Me having a wife and three kids, we have like 50 devices in our home that can play game pass games. Odds are, PS5 only peeps have a phone, tablet, Chromebook or other smart device, so no true subtraction is done. It’s on the PS5 only bro to ditch the caveman console architecture and embrace the cloud!

Ozriel

M$FT
MS made promises to regulators when purchasing Zenimax that is was not about removing content from other platforms similar to this ABK stuff. Look it up. MS outright cancelling Redfall and Starfield etc directly goes against promises made…

You claimed they made ‘legally binding promises’. That’s a lie.

They’ve also kept their word by not removing any single Zenimax content off PlayStation or Nintendo, and have released games or DLC on case by case basis since then, as they said.

Heck, Fallout 76 just got a next gen update a couple of days ago on both XSX and PS5.

Ozriel

M$FT
No, you are missing the forest through the trees on how MS lied to regulators and the public about this and tried painting Sony as the only ones to money hat IPs.

Hard to argue ‘moneyhat’ when you’re making a game exclusive AFTER buying the developers.

I guess the initial purchase was the umbrella moneyhat?

Wolfenstein developers lol. Game probably going to be mid af.

Sour grapes, indeed.
I heard similar arguments about the guys behind Hogwarts Legacy. Those didn’t end well.

Kusarigama

“case by case basis”

yep Xbox can totally be trusted while behind the scenes they go as far as to renegotiate an existing contract in order to remove the competition
They even said that they will honor the existing contracts and yet they renegotiated this one. The only reason MS isn't beating it's chest to announce that it is going for the Sony kill with these major acquisitions is these Regulatory boards. They want to really say it but they'll just act like they are the saviour of gamers around the world.

Sacred

Literally changing contracts, paying money, to remove PlayStation for a third-party IP.

"Gaming is for everyone."
"Sony makes it harder for us by making it discreet exclusivity deals."
"When everyone plays, we all win."
"Zenimax acquisition was not done to take games away from PlayStation."
You mean like FF7R, FF16, and several others they tried to pay for exclusivity. They even tried to buy out Starfield as an exclusive till MS bought the company. Sony is much bigger problem for anti-consumer shit than MS.

What content has been removed from other platforms? just asking since I'm genuinely interested

NickFire

I very much doubt Xbox signed a contract to make a PlayStation version of Indiana Jones.
Correct. They purchased a contract requiring them to. Then they "renegotiated" it so they no longer had to. But make no mistake - they were under contract to do that when they purchased Bethesda. Full stop.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I very much doubt Xbox signed a contract to make a PlayStation version of Indiana Jones.
Just read the thread instead of trying to contribute but falling flat on your head, they didn't sign it but chose to break it once they acquired beth/zen.Lots of others pointed it out and explained it, I know that you are eager to defend MS at each and every possible occasion but try to do it good at least.

lol now it's going to be compared directly to Uncharted, and I'll be pleasantly shocked if it's anywhere near the same league

congrata MS, you (probably) played yourself

Zenimax did before the acquisition, then after the acquisition MS entered in the ring and asked to renegotiate the agreement/contract so the game remained as a XBOX & PC exclusive. Disney agreed to modify the contract by the offer from MS and the deal was done.

The game wasn't even on pre-production or initial stages for any platform, but the initial contract offered by Zenimax to Disney stated to be released on multiple platforms, so though it might hurt it was just a business decision by MS which might seem dirty, it was a completely legal action since they asked Disney to modify the contract to keep the game as an exclusive.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Take your own advice.
You are about as contructive as you can be with this incredible "No u".Please continue with highly enlightening and intelectual posts like, he who smelt it dealt it or even yo moma jokes.Since you have at heart to entirely miss the point of my posts at least this time it will be more obvious for anyone looking with an half asleep eye, you'll waste less time for most of us.

Sacred

It breaks down like this, of course there would be a contract for a multiplatform developer to make the game on multiple platforms same with Redfall and Starfield. After MS bought them, they are under no obligations to keep these contracts especially if the hadn't even been announced. MS chose to honor the timed exclusive for Deathloop and Ghostwire which they were under no obligation to do so, but that isn't even mentioned.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
It breaks down like this, of course there would be a contract for a multiplatform developer to make the game on multiple platforms same with Redfall and Starfield. After MS bought them, they are under no obligations to keep these contracts especially if the hadn't even been announced. MS chose to honor the timed exclusive for Deathloop and Ghostwire which they were under no obligation to do so, but that isn't even mentioned.
That's not how it works, at all.They aren't free to break any contract however they want.Bethesda was still contracted to do said work under x circumstances except if they went bankrupt but that's a whole new problem that have nothing to do with qhat's happenning here.

Ozriel

M$FT
They even said that they will honor the existing contracts and yet they renegotiated this one. The only reason MS isn't beating it's chest to announce that it is going for the Sony kill with these major acquisitions is these Regulatory boards. They want to really say it but they'll just act like they are the saviour of gamers around the world.

How does it make sense to claim that a mutually beneficial renegotiation is a breach of contract?

You people say the strangest things.

‘Going for the Sony kill’ meanwhile we had daily threads here a month ago predicting MS would drop out of console and become third party.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Waiting for MS to raise Gamepass subs another dollar now Indy is xbox GP day one exclusive.

Sacred

That's not how it works, at all.They aren't free to break any contract however they want.Bethesda was still contracted to do said work under x circumstances except if they went bankrupt but that's a whole new problem that have nothing to do with qhat's happenning here.
Incorrect.

Top Bottom