• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
He himself knew the difference. I'd maybe agree with you if the rest of that stream wasn't posted and he wasn't a worldwide unsheltered popular dude.

Honestly, I wasn't aware of the whole 'hard r' thing, but the tone and context speak for themselves - this wasn't a wannabe gangster 's'up my n***a' it was straight-up, unchecked contempt.

Fat4all

Banned
0r77crS.gif

that gif's getting a lot of use today

Don't take it the wrong way. That banned Joe guy is probably just from a country where he doesn't realize what he said was insulting.

blah blah blah

KayMote

Geez people, I'm from Europe and right now in regards to racism we have to fight a lot of problems that have nothing in common with the n-word debate, but man... everybody here knows about the word's heritage and that you shouldn't use it, even though - and now bear with me! - you here it occasionally in the rap music around you.

So, just because he isn't from the US it is not an excuse at all.

- J - D -

It's hilarious the behavior of racists toward certain thread topic combinations. It's kinda like how certain insects' brain chemistries are confused and attracted by artificial light. Brings them out of the woodwork.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Honestly, I find this reputation of "SWJ echo chamber" GAF keeps getting accused of odd. It's very easy to just discuss games on GAF if you so wish. Easiest way is to just stick to OTs, which are usually 90% people enjoying the game they've bought.

StereoVsn

PDP being a racist dick? Shocking! I am sure that was super ironic same as those Anti-Semetic comments. Yet people continue to defend him.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
He has proven several times already that he's a racist. A smarter one who tried to save face, but still a racist. So this comes as no surprise. It's sad that he's so popular.

brinstar

Honestly, I find this reputation of "SWJ echo chamber" GAF keeps getting accused of odd. It's very easy to just discuss games on GAF if you so wish. Easiest way is to just stick to OTs, which are usually 90% people enjoying the game they've bought.

also like, if people getting mad at racist bullshit is enough to send you flying into a rage, maybe examine why that is

magnetic

Suggesting that the n-word has a different connotation in europe is such an absurd attempt to downplay this.

It´s a very specific insult with a very specific historical context. This isn´t a "fag means cigarette in the UK!" situation. It´s very clear cut. If you know the word, you also know what it means - there´s nothing ambiguous about it.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
Sure. He was clearly using it in a super negative way. But like why is that even a go-to word?

Well, as someone who gets severe gamer rage and can deafen the angels with curse words, I'd say he's doing what I do: going for the first words that come to mind. Mine aren't race hate, that his are speak all kinds of sad volumes.

kiguel182

PDP being a racist dick? Shocking! I am sure that was super ironic same as those Anti-Semetic comments. Yet people continue to defend him.

I do think people like him use the "ironic" label so much that they actually believe it.

There's this weird distortion field where they think they are not racist because it's all a "joke".

It's a weird phenomenon that I've seen in person (with ISIS "jokes") and it's terrible.

Embearded

Watching someone getting banned real time over racist beliefs is always amusing....

i've had a couple of laughs over the years with PDPs videos but i've never considered him as a serious person. A fool is what i think he is, with a shitload of money and an army of fans.
people like him should keep their political thoughts for themselves. At best he is an entertainer, not a philosopher or a politician. his opinion on the world is worth as much as tard.

why is this thread 51 pages? genuinely curious, are there that many who will go to bat for pdp or is it everyone replying to said batter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom