• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picross 3D: Round 2 is apparently coming to the west

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

vJgTbwJ.jpg

via
Source

gerudoman

You guys are in for a treat, the game is way deeper (and I'd say better as well) than the first one, which already was one of the greatest puzzle games of all time. I think 2 has ruined it for me, I can't go back and play it anymore lol.

You guys are in for a treat, the game is way deeper (and I'd say better as well) than the first one, which already was one of the greatest puzzle games of all time.

ad3E89p.gif

The new Nintendo Direct that will hopefully announce this (among other things) can't come soon enough.

Efejota

Never got to play the first one but reallly wanted to try this one if it ever came over.
Maybe they could release the first on the VC too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Need to get around to playing the first one, I have all the Picross e# titles, DS, and Mario's Picross via Virtual Console.

Het_Nkik

It's funny because I was planning on importing both this and the second Sega 3D collection but now I don't have to.

Just need Rhythm Heaven and I'll be all set.

That's a day 1 purchase for me. Got a lot of love for the first one, so much so that I finished it twice after I sold the game, regretted it and re-brought it at a later date.

Yus!

Love me my Picross.
I've been playing Pokemon Picross but it takes forever to unlock anything. I can only get 10 picrites a day from training so it takes at least a week and a half before I can move on to the next area.

LAA

Yay! Been wanting this a lot! Hopefully a release isnt far away.
2016...the year where games lists just keep growing...ha ha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think my GS has the original DS game for like $3 to $5. Tried placing an hold for it, would like to see how this take on the formula & if it'll make me excited for the sequel possibly coming over.

Also nice to see I can access all 10 of the amiibo puzzles since I own all the characters.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Very happy to hear about this, Picross 3D was a fantastic game and I look forward to the sequel!

mclem

Yus!

Love me my Picross.
I've been playing Pokemon Picross but it takes forever to unlock anything. I can only get 10 picrites a day from training so it takes at least a week and a half before I can move on to the next area.

It's working nicely with me in conjunction with my current E title; I do my daily stuff in Pokemon on a regular basis, and if I unlock content play that content; If I don't play it, I'll instead do some more puzzles in E.

It's a little absurd, since I've no actual objection to paying for the game at all, but I've a curious bloody-mindedness now which is making me wonder if I can actually get through the whole game that way.

georly

Hellllllllllllllllll yes! One of 4 japan-only games on 3DS that I want. 1 down, 3 to go (Rhythm heaven, box boy 2, detective pikachu). I have hope for 2 of them :/

Madao

still no USA confirmation.

*still sweating bullets*

i don't even care if they use UK english, i want this game in english.

The Giant

Banned
Need that direct. Hell, if Nintendo knows that some directs will be more than 2 months apart they should do Nindie directs to replace them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What a way to start the day. Day one.

It's working nicely with me in conjunction with my current E title; I do my daily stuff in Pokemon on a regular basis, and if I unlock content play that content; If I don't play it, I'll instead do some more puzzles in E.

It's a little absurd, since I've no actual objection to paying for the game at all, but I've a curious bloody-mindedness now which is making me wonder if I can actually get through the whole game that way.

The problem for me is that I've already perfected all the E titles. I think to unlock unlimited picrites you have to drop $50 on it which is a price I wouldn't mind paying for a full fledged Picross game. But the fact that the option is there to do it for free stops me doing that.

Marow

This reminds me I have yet to play Mario's Super Picross. Glad it's available on EU VC. Has anyone played it? How does it hold up to every other game?

... I hope we'll get Mario's Picross 2 someday.

This reminds me I have yet to play Mario's Super Picross. Glad it's available on EU VC. Has anyone played it? How does it hold up to every other game?

... I hope we'll get Mario's Picross 2 someday.

It holds up well. Obviously the controls are a tiny bit different and you are missing some of the polish that the other games bring but in the end it's just Picross but Mario themed.
It's hard to screw up Picross.

KevinCow

Banned
I still don't understand why it didn't come out worldwide on the same day. I mean it's not like there's some epic story they had to translate.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I still don't understand why it didn't come out worldwide on the same day. I mean it's not like there's some epic story they had to translate.

They've probably been debating how to sell it and how much to charge for it. The days of full-price packaged puzzle games seem like they're coming to an end.

Skrams

Yessssss

Pokemon Picross recently reignited my love for picross which lead me to buying e5 and e6. Before I purchase the rest of the e series I'd love to see this come over. I'd also like to see some more Nintendo themed puzzles instead of just everyday objects.

maxcriden

For now Picross 3D 2 is only confirmed for Europe where Style Savvy 3 already has been released last year. :p

Right, I know. I meant for NA. Sorry, I should have specified. I expect Style Savvy will be a retail release here and the other two will be eShop only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom