• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames uploads videos of Bayonetta for development retrospective page

jacobeid

Banned
It's obviously reading something but I don't know what. Bayonetta 2 port for Switch or a Bayonetta 3 announcement.

It's Bayonetta though so whatever it is, I'm down.

Mr. Hyde

Bayonetta 1 & 2 pack for switch would be a day one purchase for me. If they hype a release of Bayonetta 3, then even better!

DMONKUMA

Dunno if it means anything since it was link to their website. Wouldn't surprise me tho if they are working on Bayo 3 as it seems that Platinum have a good amount of projects under their wing at different production stages.

Hektor

Lol, who would even fund this.

300px-OUYA-Console-set-h.jpg

jonno394

Bayo 1 on ps4/xb1

Bayo 1 and 2 on switch.

I bet.

And maybe juuuust maybe bayo 3 on all current platforms.

A multiplatform bayo 3 would cost a large amount of money to make, and this is a franchise that has never sold big. I just don't get the business decision unless they're hoping it sells multiple millions in the back of nier positivity.

100k as a budget rerelease on Steam is great and all but not proof that a full price bayo3 will sell well.

vareon

If there's a multiplat Bayonetta 3, with Bayonetta 2's situation, I reckon it's titled Bayonetta [subtitles] or something.

Still, Platinum has yet to launch a successful IP on their own. I really hope they break it soon,

robotrock

Banned
This is such a weird combo to expect lol.

If it's funded by Nintendo then it will be Switch exclusive.

If it's funded Sega it will be likely on PS4/PC for sure. Maybe on Xbox 1 and Switch.

I totally don't think it's going to happen but that combo isn't so weird. That's how Sony rolled with Street Fighter V.

Majukun

noticed those too..but i don't know what to think of them...it's not the first time the PG's channel has uloaded small videos,but usually their object is apparent..here i don't know..maybe they hope they will be used as reaction videos for a bit of free advertisement?

if it's a new game,i hope it's with kamiya back as the diector,since i didn't really like bayo 2 that much..or at least not as much as the first one...

as per platforms, PC please

Principate

Saint Titanfall
If there's a multiplat Bayonetta 3, with Bayonetta 2's situation, I reckon it's titled Bayonetta [subtitles] or something.

Still, Platinum has yet to launch a successful IP on their own. I really hope they break it soon,

That would confuse shit even more.

I totally don't think it's going to happen but that combo isn't so weird. That's how Sony rolled with Street Fighter V.

The biggest problem would be if it's a sequel to Bayonetta 2 or are they going to forget it exists or try to retcon it out. It's a bit too weird for a franchise that never sold that well.

Grief.exe

A multiplatform bayo 3 would cost a large amount of money to make, and this is a franchise that has never sold big. I just don't get the business decision unless they're going out sells multiple millions in the back of nier positivity.

100k as a budget rerelease on Steam is great and all but not proof that a full price bayo3 will sell well.

Platinum seems to be increasingly adapt at scaling down production to fit the budgetary requirements imposed by the publisher.

Nier was shipped with a limited amount of development time, they did numerous budget licenced games for Activision, and Bayo and Nier 3 could likely be turned around relatively quickly using existing assets.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah. It could also go like Resident Evil: Revelations went, with timed exclusivity and then eventually a multiplat port of some kind

If bayo 1&2 come to the switch i´ll lose my mind.

If bayo 3 comes to whatever system(s) i´ll lose control over my bowels. Get your hazmat suits bois.

BadWolf

A multiplatform bayo 3 would cost a large amount of money to make, and this is a franchise that has never sold big. I just don't get the business decision unless they're hoping it sells multiple millions in the back of nier positivity.

Bayo1 did sell well.

Bayo2 was on a Nintendo platform and sold as expected (i.e. not much).

Bayo3 has potential if it's on PS4/X1/PC. Most of the fanbase from the first game will be here.

Top Bottom