• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playground Games (Forza Horizon) developing "visually stunning" racer

JaggedSac

Does the month count in LinkedIn update automatically? Just curious since he might have put Jan 2013 to Present back in like March or something before Forza 5 was announced. So he might actually be referring to helping out with Forza 5.

Does the month count in LinkedIn update automatically? Just curious since he might have put Jan 2013 to Present back in like March or something before Forza 5 was announced. So he might actually be referring to helping out with Forza 5.

I don't believe Playground Games is assisting Turn 10 in any way for Forza 5.

I hope it is Forza Horizon 2. Love Horizon so much, to be honest, I'm more hyped for Horizon 2 than Motorsport 5. :p

I'm all for a Forza game every year, one year we get Motorsport for the "hardcore" racing sims fan and track races fans, and the next we get Horizon for the "casual" racing fans, and open world racing fans. Beat part is, both games are made for Forza fans and game quality takes no hit, it'd be perfect. :)

NeednFor Speed brand hasn't taken any damage for the yearly releases.

m23

I hope it is Forza Horizon 2. Love Horizon so much, to be honest, I'm more hyped for Horizon 2 than Motorsport 5. :p

I'm all for a Forza game every year, one year we get Motorsport for the "hardcore" racing sims fan and track races fans, and the next we get Horizon for the "casual" racing fans, and open world racing fans. Beat part is, both games are made for Forza fans and game quality takes no hit, it'd be perfect. :)

Need for Speed has been crap after Most Wanted released in 2005 imo.

nib95

Banned

Don't both games use the same physics and driving model?

tumblr_lopjocZh0g1qauf5u.gif

Never forget bro... :p

After Horizon I'm ecstatic over a Plaground Games racer on the Xbox One.

What other racer has so much going on there's even a rock concert happening near the road when you look out your window? LOL

BCFBD026-81AC-4130-9C19-C1F4DDAA7F9D-3287-00000536A4A3607F.jpg

I can't imagine what they'll do with more power.

Lol. So true.

Gestault

"Visually stunning" in a console usually means 30 fps.
There are a few exceptions like God of War 3.

God of War III was a technical showpiece, but if you didn't notice how it tended to run between 30-40 fps during gameplay, I'm surprised. I was "trained" so to speak in stuff like Ninja Gaiden, so I'm a little picky in actual gameplay performance for that genre. Responsiveness is super important (mind you, GoW3 didn't run afoul of this, but it definitely wasn't a clean 60).

God of War III was a technical showpiece, but if you didn't notice how it tended to run between 30-40 fps during gameplay, I'm surprised. I was "trained" so to speak in stuff like Ninja Gaiden, so I'm a little picky in actual gameplay performance for that genre. Responsiveness is super important (mind you, GoW3 didn't run afoul of this, but it definitely wasn't a clean 60).

GOW3 ran between 40-55fps most times. It wasn't even that noticeable to me to be honest, everything looked and ran great :)

Dramos

I really love the Horizon series. They should allow us to use the stored music media for in-game car music!

So, where do you guys want Horizon 2 to be placed?

I want to race in either the Western Coast of America (California, Washington, etc) or better yet, in a new country (either the UK or Japan will be awesome.)

saladine1

People need to let the PGR series go. It's gone, that's it.

Horizon was a great first game from PG. Hopefully Horizon 2 expands on even more levels.

Gestault

As confirmed as we can expect considering the sources to be XB1 and Forza Horizon 2?

Fantastic (because of the potential) and disappointing personally (only because I'll be a late-adopter this generation). This is still an awesome find.

Dramos

So, where do you guys want Horizon 2 to be placed?

I want to race in either the Western Coast of America (California, Washington, etc) or better yet, in a new country (either the UK or Japan will be awesome.)

They need expand the environment like crazy. Make me drive from exciting urban city to the beautiful outdoor countryside!

Kopite

Forza Horizon was beautiful but I just couldn't get into it because you of the yellow filter and the fact that you'd have to drive miles to just get to an event.

Also 30fps.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
would a completely fictional location be better then an approximation of a real place?

i would love to have horizon 2 have mountains and conifer forests (with snow), oak woodland and rolling foothills, a large urban city, coastal roads.

maybe built a bit off of northern california for inspiration (san fran, coastline, coastal mountain range, napa valley, etc)

It's not PGR.

Phill Spencer said on twitter few weeks back that PGR was a great franchise and Bizarre did a good job for it, but they have no plans for it at the moment.

Just accept PGR is dead. It's been 6 years since the last one.

Horizon was a great game. The problem I had was that I have generational fatigue and just need something shinier for my racing needs after playing some PC arcade racers.

This might be the game that gets me over the edge for a XB1 late next year.

Dramos

Forza Horizon was beautiful but I just couldn't get into it because you of the yellow filter and the fact that you'd have to drive miles to just get to an event.

Also 30fps.

I guess the original Forza series is for you then. I never found myself quick travel in Horizon. I just love driving freely around whether it was for racing rivals, getting to a vantage point or even just chilling!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
FH was completely fictional as far as I am concerned.

it was, but it was still confined to a real world location - colorado. that is, they'd have never put in an ocean to race against as the real life location has nothing of the sort. in a way its nice to have a cohesive, almost believable locale based on the real world, but its certainly more limited then if they had complete freedom to design as they pleased.

diffusionx

Gold Member
it was, but it was still confined to a real world location - colorado. that is, they'd have never put in an ocean to race against as the real life location has nothing of the sort. in a way its nice to have a cohesive, almost believable locale based on the real world, but its certainly more limited then if they had complete freedom to design as they pleased.

I mean, they said it was Colorado (as in, "drive through Colorado"), but it was actually more like "vaguely kind of inspired by parts of Colorado."

Cool game, but they shouldn't say it is a real place unless they actually make an effort to do it. I didn't expect a TDU-style recreation of Colorado (Colorado is HUGE), but I did expect more than what we got.

Top Bottom