• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Holy crap VitaGAF, I just finished Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and I can't get enough of it, excellent game! That
true
ending just came out of the blue, I have so many questions and I'm tempted to Google them but I'm afraid of spoiling Virtue's Last Reward. OMG I can't wait to get a Vita!!!!

Shizuka

Holy crap VitaGAF, I just finished Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and I can't get enough of it, excellent game! That
true
ending just came out of the blue, I have so many questions and I'm tempted to Google them but I'm afraid of spoiling Virtue's Last Reward. OMG I can't wait to get a Vita!!!!

Get Virtue's Last Reward ASAP. If you're up for it after that, get Danganronpa as well.

Get Virtue's Last Reward ASAP. If you're up for it after that, get Danganronpa as well.

Way ahead of you Shizuka, already got Danganronpa 1 and 2, I just need a darn Vita to play them! The wait for E3 just got more painful now that I finished 999, I can not wait any further else I'll go insane.

EDIT: Also, latest RCR update, April 2nd PS Blog!

Vylash

true

VLR is barely connected to 999, but i'd avoid googling anyway

JDBgpb5.gif

deadfolk

Wait, so P4AU and DLC are on sale in US?

How does cross region stuff work on PS3? Is it the same as PS4? I can just use vouchers, buy it on my US account, and my EU account can play the game? Any gotchas?

Tizoc

How does cross region stuff work on PS3? Is it the same as PS4? I can just use vouchers, buy it on my US account, and my EU account can play the game? Any gotchas?

If you have the US ver. of P4AU, the DLC will run fine on any of your accounts.
If you have the EU ver. of P4AU, the DLC won't work with that ver. of the game.

deadfolk

If you have the US ver. of P4AU, the DLC will run fine on any of your accounts.
If you have the EU ver. of P4AU, the DLC won't work with that ver. of the game.

Right, but if I don't have the game at all, can I buy the US version & DLC, download it onto my EU PS3, log into my EU account and play? Same as PS4?

SerTapTap

It's the same as PS4 unless it's the only region locked game on PS3, thanks Atlus btw

Jawmuncher

I thought I was going to be playing Oreshika demo. Instead i'm watching a unskippable anime.
I don't mind, but with demos I prefer to just jump in and try game mechanics since I prefer to restart when I buy the game.
Edit: Finally got to play some. Yeah it's not for me. Seems to be a dungeon crawler rather than a traditional JRPG. If I buy it, it'll be on sale.

SerTapTap

Thanks. And by strange coincidence, that was the original P4A, wasn't it? Is there any reason to think the P4A story DLC for P4AU would be similarly restricted?

I'm pretty sure they relented for P4AU, at least with western copies. But I'm not 100% sure. I don't plan to purchase either game at any point in no small part because of that mess.

Tizoc

Right, but if I don't have the game at all, can I buy the US version & DLC, download it onto my EU PS3, log into my EU account and play? Same as PS4?

P4AU is region free so download away and the game will run fine on any of your accounts =)

deadfolk

I'm pretty sure they relented for P4AU, at least with western copies. But I'm not 100% sure. I don't plan to purchase either game at any point in no small part because of that mess.

Yeah, it makes me a little nervous. I remember all the shenanigans, but didn't pay much attention at the time. I might have to think on it for a bit. I'm still not 100% sure I want to blow April's gaming budget on a PS3 fighting game anyway. But, you know, Persona 4. And DAN is coming...

If I decide I'm up for it, some research may be in order. Now that I think about it, I don't think the sale price is that great. Pretty sure I can find a physical EU copy for around the same.

Shizuka

If the Playstation version of Broken Age 1 & 2 has the same price as the PC version, it'll be $25. Has anyone played the game, the first part of the game?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm always happy when someone moves on from 999 and plays VLR right after. It's definitely the right choice.

I had way more drive to pick it up after 999 than I ever did for Danganronpa 2.

Renpatsu

If the Playstation version of Broken Age 1 & 2 has the same price as the PC version, it'll be $25. Has anyone played the game, the first part of the game?
The first part of Broken age is relatively tame on the Adventure game puzzle spectrum, but still very much an old school adventure compared to the likes of Telltale. I imagine this to ramp up in Act 2.

As for the story the set up is pretty strong with dual protagonists, gorgeous art and fun writing. I think folks playing Acts 1 and 2 back to back will have a much better time all round compared to folks having played just Act 1 and then having to wait (even if the Act 1 cliffhanger is a strong one).

AsfaeksBR

I did. The ending left a huge cliffhanger, although it's kinda cheesy. It's a pretty game, but overall it's a 6/10 for me.

deadfolk

Briefly. It's (subjectively) gorgeous. Puzzles seemed a little light from the little I played. Writing and VA were top notch. Story seemed interesting. I really must go and finish it prior to act 2.

v1perz53

Hmm a physical copy of Arena Ultimax is only $30 on amazon, and has been that way since March 12th. Probably gonna take a chance that the price stays that way and just buy the DLC in this sale. Is there any reason at all to buy the story DLC for Ultimax if I already own the first P4A? (I mean like Ultimax having better mechanics or something that would make it a better way to play the first game's story) For only $5 I would probably get it if there was a reason to.

Also, happy birthday to me in 3.5 hours! Yes, I was born on April fool's day. It sucks in that lots of people don't believe it is my birthday, but it is good in that nobody can generally fool me since I am very aware of what day it is.

Tohsaka

I thought it was pretty good, got it cheap during the last Steam sale. If I had known it was coming to PS4 I'd have waited, though.

SerTapTap

It's pretty great IMO. Good art, pretty well animated, good VA, interesting story. Fun but not ridiculous puzzles (it's not Grim Fandango, difficulty-wise). Not exactly happy about the wait as a kickstarter backer but eh.

SerTapTap

use the Content Manager on your PC
backup all the games to your PC so you don't have to redownload them next time :)

Yep, everyone should be using Content Manager. Great to have a backup and it lets you move/remove games with ease. Well, some level of ease.

Shizuka

The first part of Broken age is relatively tame on the Adventure game puzzle spectrum, but still very much an old school adventure compared to the likes of Telltale. I imagine this to ramp up in Act 2.

As for the story the set up is pretty strong with dual protagonists, gorgeous art and fun writing. I think folks playing Acts 1 and 2 back to back will have a much better time all round compared to folks having played just Act 1 and then having to wait (even if the Act 1 cliffhanger is a strong one).

I did. The ending left a huge cliffhanger, although it's kinda cheesy. It's a pretty game, but overall it's a 6/10 for me.

Briefly. It's (subjectively) gorgeous. Puzzles seemed a little light from the little I played. Writing and VA were top notch. Story seemed interesting. I really must go and finish it prior to act 2.

I thought it was pretty good, got it cheap during the last Steam sale. If I had known it was coming to PS4 I'd have waited, though.

It's pretty great IMO. Good art, pretty well animated, good VA, interesting story. Fun but not ridiculous puzzles (it's not Grim Fandango, difficulty-wise). Not exactly happy about the wait as a kickstarter backer but eh.

Thanks everyone for the valuable input. It sounds like it's a good game, nothing extraordinary. If it's not really expensive, I'm in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, everyone should be using Content Manager. Great to have a backup and it lets you move/remove games with ease. Well, some level of ease.

It's still a pretty awful program, though adding in Wifi was nice of them it takes too long. I wish they had a nice tool for ripping out just the save files. I guess they want you to pay for such a feature.

AsfaeksBR

Will AC China be released on Vita? Or just via Remote Play?

Edit: Neverming, thread will be locked. Will ask again in the new thread. See you guys there!

Sora_N

Basically really upset right now.

I accidentally dented my Vita on Monday, was already really upset.

Turns out this skin I put on the system damaged half of the glossy material when I tried to remove the skin.

It bothers the fuck out of me, I might try to replace the system or find some other case. Never using those skins again.

UGH.

BRB CRYING

IMG_20150408_214609243_zpsifuqaz3q.jpg

Just picked up Woah Dave PS4 for FREEif that helps anyone.

I did do a search to see if it's intentional or old news and found this.

Didn't find it on Gaf, but I could have missed it.

Bah, wrong thread but ah well. Maybe more will see it :)

Top Bottom