• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

mattmanp

Never heard of "Invisible Hours" before, but it got a fantastic review:

https://uploadvr.com/the-invisible-hours-review/

It’s really weird to see Tequila Works go from the troubled development of RiME (Sony took away their dev kits and cut publishing deal) to now having this as their year:

April: The Sexy Brutale - Open Critic 83
May: RiME - Open Critic 80
October: The Invisible Hours - ???

Good for them to put in work and launch several good games the same year.

Just tried Assetto Corsa with PSVR with a steering wheel. Holy jesus christ. HOLY JESUS CHRIST. Positional tracking didnt even work( i need a second PS3 EYE camera ) and i was still blown away. If GT Sport is anywhere close to that in VR mode..... :O
If it's anywhere close and with comfy user experience( should be not an issue on console ) like no pain in the ass with connecting everything, starting races from 2D screen etc.

I just felt like the first day i got my PSVR unit right now. This is amazing. Hopefully Sport will deliver as well.

Assuming you are using Trinus?

Wondering if you can help as whatever I do I cannot shift what seems like stutter within the headset, (laptop screen shows decent frame rates) this is even in the SteamVR room. Running an i7 with a 1060/6GB

So isn't it today there is supposed to be some big vr news or discount? I'm sure I read somewhere they was doing something to mark 1 year anniversary

dmix90

???

Also, is this a mode that's coming as DLC? I've never heard anything about PSVR support for Assetto Corsa and the version on the (NA) PSN store right now has none of the usual PSVR disclaimers.
Sorry for confusing emotional post. Did not sleep for more than a day. I played AC with PSVR on PC. Hopefully VR mode will somehow come to PS4 even if they need to sacrifice not so great visuals even further.
Assuming you are using Trinus?

Wondering if you can help as whatever I do I cannot shift what seems like stutter within the headset, (laptop screen shows decent frame rates) this is even in the SteamVR room. Running an i7 with a 1060/6GB
Yeah i used Trinus. I noticed stutters as well, looks like issue is related to lower( than PSVR ) refresh rate of primary PC display. Tried to fix it but no success yet... i think i have got SteamVR room thing work smooth but it's harder with games like AC where there is no VR menu and you need some kind of second screen to navigate menus. Will mess with it a bit more today.

Oh, wow, Syndrome really is even crappier than expected!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9GPD6foDug

There's just about nothing good to say about that game, at least in VR mode. It fails in absolutely every aspect. Brutal.

Why are all VR youtube channels so poor. Stop with the tacky or over the top BS.

I can think of three channels that are just a shade of being full Gilbert Gottfried levels of annoying and most others seem to style themselves on that pewdie pie arsehole or look like rejects from children's programs.

MattAces

Why are all VR youtube channels so poor. Stop with the tacky or over the top BS.

I can think of three channels that are just a shade of being full Gilbert Gottfried levels of annoying and most others seem to style themselves on that pewdie pie arsehole or look like rejects from children's programs.

I don't even mind stuff like these.
Try watching those that start and end a video with "SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON".
Like that phrase is commonly used to spite youtubers, but there are some people that actually says that..

The only other channel I couldn't stand is PSVRfrank. I'm honestly upset that he is the "youtuber face of PSVR".

I don't even mind stuff like these.
Try watching those that start and end a video with "SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON".
Like that phrase is commonly used to spite youtubers, but there are some people that actually does that.

I have a really low tolerance for youtubers in general. If I hear the youtube speech patterns or "what is going on guys" I close it down immediately.

Planet

At least he is trying to make something entertaining - though I, too, don't think he completely succeeded in doing so. And he definitely is not as annoying as...
The only other channel I couldn't stand is PSVRfrank. I'm honestly upset that he is the "youtuber face of PSVR".
This, so much! He is such a shallow dumbass. HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M GREAT! I'M FAMOUS! And here a miracle occurs and people do... just why?

At least he is trying to make something entertaining - though I, too, don't think he completely succeeded in doing so. And he definitely is not as annoying as...

This, so much! He is such a shallow dumbass. HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M GREAT! I'M FAMOUS! And here a miracle occurs and people do... just why?

I have no problem with people doing what they do and good for them if they can make a living off it. I just want some sort of entertainment I can enjoy and I haven't found that from any VR youtuber. I'd define good as thoughtful original content, solid writing and little ego.

PSVRFrank was the main one I was thinking of when I mentioned Gilbert Gottfried. The Irish guy with the green hair who just screams all the time was another.

Shameless self-promotion, but there are no gimmicks on the Push Square channel: http://bit.ly/PushSquareYT

I have been slacking a little bit with the PlayStation VR content lately because I've been so busy, but I'm a proper virtual reality fanboy so I do try really hard to keep on top of it.

We have a pretty good website, too, which I think is worth checking out: http://www.pushsquare.com/

/ Shameless self-promotion

MattAces

Shameless self-promotion, but there are no gimmicks on the Push Square channel: http://bit.ly/PushSquareYT

I have been slacking a little bit with the PlayStation VR content lately because I've been so busy, but I'm a proper virtual reality fanboy so I do try really hard to keep on top of it.

We have a pretty good website, too, which I think is worth checking out: http://www.pushsquare.com/

/ Shameless self-promotion

Can confirm^
always watch every single PSVR stuff and a long time fan.
Too bad Raw Data/Invisible Hour delayed in EU/UK, was hoping for an early preview/coverage.

Speaking of previews, we are only several hours away from launch and zero information on Raw Data port. I'll just dive in as soon as the store page is live, hopefully 25% is up too.

bumpkin

That’s weird... No retailer but GameStop seems to acknowledge that The Invisible Hours exists. I was hoping to snag a physical copy, but GS isn’t showing it in-stock anywhere around here. Might just have to go digital later today when PSN updates.

Kyolux

I really hope tracking works well in Raw Data.

Shame for no co-op/pvp. But apparently on PC not many uses it. I get why it wouldn't be a priority when porting.

MattAces

I really hope tracking works well in Raw Data.

Shame for no co-op/pvp. But apparently on PC not many uses it. I get why it wouldn't be a priority when porting.

From the 5 seconds footage demo, looks solid. No jittery.

Both Invisible Hour and Raw Data will have Platinum trophy.

MattAces

From reddit
Solus Project*
a4n8kp9mh0rz.jpg

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGb81MakBTc
Japan PSVR commercial.
They are good at making commercials.
Feature Skyrim, Bravo Team and more.

Seems like there's one new game in it.
Some sort of Harry Porter/Fantastic Beast experience?

Edit: found it, previously DayDream exclusive.
http://framestorevr.com/fantastic-beasts-vr/
Looks like this is coming to PSVR.

That Fantastic Beasts thing launched on Daydream a few months ago. It's really cool. Kind of short, but definitely worth checking out... awesome that it's coming to PSVR.

Just tried Assetto Corsa with PSVR with a steering wheel. Holy jesus christ. HOLY JESUS CHRIST. Positional tracking didnt even work( i need a second PS3 EYE camera ) and i was still blown away. If GT Sport is anywhere close to that in VR mode..... :O
If it's anywhere close and with comfy user experience( should be not an issue on console ) like no pain in the ass with connecting everything, starting races from 2D screen etc.

I just felt like the first day i got my PSVR unit right now. This is amazing. Hopefully Sport will deliver as well.

Actually Assetto Corsa has probably one the worst VR support. Better to try Project Cars 2.

MattAces

NA sale seems to be slowly going* live now.
Invisible hours out. Where the fuck is Raw Data!?

Some notable discount I saw so far: (without PS+)
Mortal Blitz $14 (additional 20%)
Mervils $13
Psychonauts $14
Rez $20.99
Sparc $18
Sneaky Bears $10
Starblood Arena $14
Brookhaven $14
Tethered $13.74
Surgeon SImulator $10
Super hyper cube $18
Super Stardust Ultra VR $10
Statik $14
Startrek Bridge Crew $35
Starship Disco $5
Tumble VR $5
Unearthing mars $7.49
Tiny Trax $17
VR Invaders $12.59
Volume $10
Windlands $12.49
Don't Knock Twice $14
Infinite Minigolf $12.74 (additional 15%)
100ft Robot Golf $10 (additional 16% with PS+)
Chess Ultra $11.04 (additional 15%)
Roller Coaster Dreams $10
Here They Lie $10 (additional 15%)
Darknet $10.49
Crystal Rift $7.79
Trackmania Turbo $17.99
I Expect You To Die $15 ($10 with PS+)
Batman $15.99
Archangel $25.49 (additional 15% with PS+)
Ace Banana $7.49 (additional 30% with PS+)
Ancient Amulator $14 (additional 20% with PS+)
Arizona Sunshine $28 (additional 20% with PS+)
Battlezone $26 (additional 15% with PS+)
Carnival Games $9 (additional 20% with PS+)
CastleStorm VR $10.49 (additional 20%)
Farpoint $40 (additional 20%)
Eagle Flight $28 (additional 20%)
Fantastic Contraption $17 (additional 15%)
Dick Wilde $11.24 (additional 15%)
Job Simulator $19.49 (additional 10%)
Holoball $10.49 (additional 20%)
Headmaster $13 (additional 15%)
Keep talking and nobody explodes $10.49 (additional 20%)

Many prices will have additional discount for PS+
Edit: I'm sorry, this list is awful. I'll just try my best to list whatever I see, they are no where near complete, TL;DR: almost everything is on discount.

MattAces

RAW DATA OUT MOFO!
You can't just type raw data and enter.
You have to type in Raw Data, wait for the image to load, click on it
$40 -> $30 without PS+
Additional 5% for PS+.

8.6gb, icon looks like titanfall...

Okay need some input from the forum. I don't have PS VR now, but planning on it in the future. Thoughts on these games for the sale prices would be appreciated:

SuperHyperCube
Starblood Arena
Tumble VR
Tiny Trax
I Expect You To Die
Batman

MattAces

Okay need some input from the forum. I don't have PS VR now, but planning on it in the future. Thoughts on these games for the sale prices would be appreciated:

SuperHyperCube
Starblood Arena
Tumble VR
Tiny Trax
I Expect You To Die
Batman

People seem to love Super Hyper Cube, can't comment on this since I've only played the demo, it's a pretty simplistic game but probably hard to master.
Starblood Arena, played the demo, loved it, too bad it's multiplayer focused, there's only a very dedicated community playing this weekly, fantastic game otherwise but maybe skip it.
Tumble VR, one of those gen 1 game, solid game but there's better games now.
Tiny Trax, never played this, but from what I've heard, fun beautiful game, may be lacking in content but solid game otherwise.
I expect you to die, fantastic puzzle game, only 4 levels with 1 upcoming for free, puzzle is very complicated and fun, trial and error, it will take you maybe 4-5 hours, fantastic game.
Batman, gen 1 game, pretty good.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
Statik, just buy this, i don't want to say anything since i will just be spoiling it. One of the most well produced PSVR game. Also there's local co-op using phone as second screen.
Arizona Sunshine, if you have a PS4 Pro and plan on getting Aim, or just PSMove is fine.

RECOMMENDED:
Dick Wilde, if you want a wave shooter, this is by far the most polished and best.
Mortal Blitz, short but sweet, a lot of replayability, poor sound design but GREAT graphic and satisfying.

Note worthy game, some I haven't tried it, but heard a lot of great things:
SPARC, multiplayer focused though.
Holoball, SP, i enjoyed this casually.
Job Simulator, great VR showcase, 0 challenges, way too easy, but great showcase.
Tethered, stressful game, but fun resource management, quite a lengthy game too.
Fantastic Contraption, never tried it, but people love it.
Archangel, never tried it, seems lovely.

Jumping into this thread to see what everyone recommends from the sale, but then I just looked up Raw Data and that looks sick! Are we hearing good things??

MattAces

Jumping into this thread to see what everyone recommends from the sale, but then I just looked up Raw Data and that looks sick! Are we hearing good things??

Raw Data on PC won GOTY VR award, so i think that speaks a lot.
As for PSVR port? No idea at all.
We have almost zero information, I will be in game in about 10 minutes, will throw a youtube link here soon.
For now, check this ninja girl trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQnfQAbF_bI

Briarios

I think I'm going for I Expect You to Die and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes right now ... quite happy they're on sale.

Edit: Resident Evil is a good price at $29.99 -- but don't forget there is a collection of everything coming out before Christmas, so if you have GCU or Prime, it'll be cheaper to get that with all the DLC.

Top Bottom