• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonic unveils Yooka-Laylee (Banjo Kazooie successor) [Kickstarter LIVE - Funded]

ffdgh

Jti6Xih.png

Indeed XD

Jito

Banned
So torn by this, love Banjo Kazooie and have been waiting for a sequel or spiritual successor for years now, but I'm wary of Kickstarter and all the horror stories over the years of games never releasing or matching their promises.

It looks like it'll meet all the goals without my tiny contribution anyway so I'll give it a miss.

Rich!

Hm. Console or steam?

Steam is £5 cheaper...but having it on a Nintendo console would feel sooooo right.

I would be using a Wii U Pro controller either way

Forkball

God awful name but it's been so long since a high-quality non-Mario 3D platformer came out. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Thrilled that this is pretty much funded already. It's been like 25 minutes. I feel like I need to go home and play B-K or something.

Geg

lol scratch what I said about them making the 175,000 in a few hours, at this rate they're only a few minutes away

ramparter

Banned
Whos paying for this game to get made? Theyre asking for 250k, which is impossibly low for a game like this, so are they getting funding from somewhere else?
They already said they had some funding, kickstarter was so they could go for more. Man I didn't expect this to go that fast. It will be amazing if they reach that 1 million!

Kriken

Man the console versions are the very last stretch goal at $1 million? Makes me hesitant to pledge but I may just bite.

That's for a simultaneous release. It means that the PC/PS4/WiiU/Xbone would all release day 1 as opposed to console versions being released say 6 months later

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hey remember when Banjo Kazooie 3 got transformed into some kind of vehicle game because supposedly 3D platformers didn't hold any interest anymore?

Nzyme32

Already backed, can't complain when the Steam version is £10! Nice to see the speedy rate at which they have already passed the target goal. They'll probably need more stretch goals

And it's already funded. Bloody hell, Playtonic, hope you budgeted this thing right. Though considering you got the prototype done in three months without any funding, I imagine once this ends you'll have more than enough to drive the development into high gear.

Top Bottom