• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

red731

So is it the right strategy to transfer all the weaker similar pokemons? or should I keep some?

I hope someone that is more into the game can answer this, because I am interested in knowing that too. (ed: transfering lower CP pokemon)

I was checking the lower CP pokemons and they had different attacks with more damage if I understood that correctly.

sam777

I hope someone that is more into the game can answer this, because I am interested in knowing that too. (ed: transfering lower CP pokemon)

I was checking the lower CP pokemons and they had different attacks with more damage if I understood that correctly.

If I get a weaker duplicate I would transfer them regardless of their attack power but that is just me though. The point of transferring them is to get the candy to level up/evolve.

Doing this has got me 115 Pidgey candy and now if I catch about 5 Pidgey's and use a lucky egg I can evolve all of them and get double XP for it.

inner-G

Banned
Just hit lvl 12, feel like I'm doing ok:

hW0m7N7.jpg

Dougald

I walk my dog every day, and the transition of my local park/forest this week from just myself and a few other regulars to loads of people playing Pokemon go has been crazy. There are two Gyms and 5 poke stops on my regular dog walk, and it's great seeing people who would never normally be out enjoying the area (and catching thousands of pidgeys)

Daffy Duck

If I wanted to play a proper Pokemon game (I've never played a proper game before as i was too old for the original release of the series) but now I'm interested in trying one out, what would be the best one?

sam777

If I wanted to play a proper Pokemon game (I've never played a proper game before as i was too old for the original release of the series) but now I'm interested in trying one out, what would be the best one?

For me the best one is Firered/Leafgreen as it is easy to get into and it contains the gen 1 pokemon (the game is easy to obtain as well). But others will have a different opinion no doubt.

The most recent ones. Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.
Only because the mechanics have changed from previous gens so it's best to play it if you want to keep on playing the newer releases.

inner-G

Banned
I've heard X/Y are the best single player ones for 3DS so far

(But I'm no expert)

Acinixys

FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver are considered the best

mstevens

Any of the new 3ds ones are good but my all time favorite (and I've been playing since Day 1) is HeartGold for DS.

T.O.P

Banned
I've heard X/Y are the best single player ones for 3DS so far

(But I'm no expert)

Not really, as as i remember they were pretty short, easy and lacked any endgame content

I haven't played the Ruby/Sapphire remake but i heard they were a tad better than X/Y

Heart Gold and Soul Silver imo

SephiZack

Found a 1480 CP Charizard

Berry, Ultra Ball, freeze

I try to restart, but it gets stuck at loading, so I close and reopen the app a few times

I enter the game and engage again, I throw berries and ultraballs again and after a couple times it freezes again

I restart the app and engage Charizard again, I throw a berry and an ultraball, but it flees

sad life

idonteven

i live in a area with lots of nature = almost no pokemon
people in citys = shitload of pokemon

logic

all im getting is pidgey weedle and ratattata

Skrams

Can you stack lures on a location? There's a restaurant at 4 AM EST hooked up with lures and I have no idea why that would be the case considering they close at 9 PM. I'm half assuming it's just people trying to pull more robbing schemes.

jdstorm

Banned
Just discovered that my couch is within range of a poke stop. So far I've gotten 2 eggs and 15-20 poke balls just by watching TV

I caught an Abra today. I got super excited considering Allakazam is problem one of my favorite gen 1 Pokemon. I then realized I'm likely never going to catch the 35 or so Abra I need to evolve one and much less however many I'd need to catch to level one fully. While I live in a city of about 150000 people I live in a pretty empty side of town. I'd basically have to go in the car do a 20 min drive to get anywhere with lures active. That's super impractical for me. I have some really a used like 500 Pidgey candy. It would be cool if there was some way to exchange one type of candy for another that way at least people living in less busy places to get the more rare stuff.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So at what point people consider a Pokemon to be worthwhile and even "good"? Do you just compare CPs? Attack power? Potential to evolve and get stronger?

I love this so far, but shit's so confusing to me when to decide what to keep and work on and what to send away.

Firemind

^^ lol I haven't even seen Nidoran anywhere yet. Do they split them into male/female?

So at what point people consider a Pokemon to be worthwhile and even "good"? Do you just compare CPs? Attack power? Potential to evolve and get stronger?

I love this so far, but shit's so confusing to me when to decide what to keep and work on and what to send away.
1. Near max cp arc
2. Anything that's super effective against water

The dream is Dragonite but not everyone is blessed.

Ambitious

Just started playing this.

A few questions:
- Apparently, the point of catching multiple Pokemon of the same kind is to acquire species-specific candy, which is required to evolve it. Is this correct?
- After catching one, there is a "Send" button at the bottom of the stats view. What does it do?
- I have four Pokemon and three eggs, but the header of the Pokemon list says "7/250". So I guess the eggs are already included in the Pokemon count? Huh.

Firemind

Just started playing this.

A few questions:
- Apparently, the point of catching multiple Pokemon of the same kind is to acquire species-specific candy, which is required to evolve it. Is this correct?
- After catching one, there is a "Send" button at the bottom of the stats view. What does it do?
- I have four Pokemon and three eggs, but the header of the Pokemon list says "7/250". So I guess the eggs are already included in the Pokemon count? Huh.
- yes
- give you one candy
- yes

I just caught a Nidoran today, they split them up into Male/Female. It just shows up like "Nidoran ♀" or "Nidoran ♂"
Candy as well?

Firemind

huh when a pokemon is over a certain cp you can't even use normal pokeballs anymore?

shit. i only have 35 great balls.

edit: wait, i lost all my pokeballs in my bag. how did that happen? i had like more than a hundred lol

Wow this pikachu is stacked. Thunder looks beastly too depending on the bars.

Thunder's 1 long bar but I'm hoping Quick Attack with Pika's speed fills it... quickly.

The dream is Dragonite but not everyone is blessed.

Haven't even seen a Dratini yet, that and Growlithe are the new grails

edit: wait, i lost all my pokeballs in my bag. how did that happen? i had like more than a hundred lol

Ha this happened with all my Great Balls, I had 'loads' but the forced curve wiped out my supplies :(

So I left my local library for 20 minutes to take out a Level 9 Valor gym a block away.

I come back and apparently I missed a Dragonite who came because of the Lures.

GAF I'm killing myself tonight.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So how long will it take before they add gen 2 Pokémons?

At the end of this summer?
At the end of this year?
Never?

Because it's al very fun right now, but I can believe that within three to four weeks if you don't have any new Pokémon added the hype will die

Lunar FC

So how long will it take before they add gen 2 Pokémons?

At the end of this summer?
At the end of this year?
Never?

Because it's al very fun right now, but I can believe that within three to four weeks if you don't have any new Pokémon added the hype will die

I'd say end of the year at the earliest, but what do I know.

Top Bottom