• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO: release today for Italy, Spain and Portugal

Chaos17

AxpuPXj.png

Source: https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/753843221491355648

Lock if old

p.s: I advice people to stop following rumors because so far there is 0 leak about which country will be next.

EDIT: here some details about futur releases

John Hanke, CEO of Niantic (co-developer of Pokémon GO), has stated that he wants Pokémon GO to be out in about 200 different regions. He also noted that the company’s other, similar game Ingress took about two months to reach that point, but he declined to comment on a timeframe for Pokémon GO’s releases. According to Hanke, the company is also currently working on strengthening the servers to deal with the current popularity and any future rollout.

Hanke also made note of two regions that could face release difficulties: South Korea and China. In the case of South Korea, the country has limits on Google’s mapping functionality, due to security concerns with North Korea. However, Hanke stated that “there are solutions to that.” As for China, the country has many regulations that Niantic would have deal with.
Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/niantic-ceo-wants-pokemon-go-in-200-markets-some-pose-difficulties/

Daeda

Why dont they just release it worldwide?

Accounting for Server issues and bugs most likely. Staged releases suck, but for mobile platforms they really are the way to go. It creates more stable releases in the long run.

Sucks no official Dutch release yet, then again, an estimated 10% of the population is already playing it regardless.

ReyBrujo

Also, Play Store wouldn't be able to handle it. For Ingress releases, they had to do it by phone model, from newest to oldest, and from area to area. Full deployment usually takes 5-7 days.

Ninferno

Well, at least it is THREE countries today as opposed to just ONE, so they are making progress I guess...

Thought France would have got it today after Germany and the UK, but maybe after the terrible terrorist attack, it is inadvisable to get people out of their homes hence Niantic purposely skipped France for the time being?

ReyBrujo

Thought France would have got it today after Germany and the UK, but maybe after the terrible terrorist attack, it is inadvisable to get people out of their homes hence Niantic purposely skipped France for the time being?
I'd think so.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Austria pls. I hope they add countries over the weekend.

Man, asians in the facebook comments of the news about the release today... I know they're impatient but still... thirst is real, lol
https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGO/

I understand the thirst. Many people, like in Canada, can access to the game with sideloading, whereas we cannot access as the map data in Asia is blocked. We can log in, but we see no pokestops, gyms and pokemons on our map. It is frustrating to see people around the world were enjoying the game, while we can only read fascinating stories from others, hoping we can leave our home and catch 'em all.

klier

Still no Netherlands :-(

Fuck that shit! When?!?! I am getting sick and tired of the app constantly crashing.

More goddamn crashes than Rattatas

LOL no!

Top Bottom