• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO Update (Buddy System, Pokemon GO+) is Rolling Out

Parallacs

Don't have the update yet. I'm Android in the US.

I'm Android US. Went to the Google Play store three hours ago and was given the update option. Strange.

It seems to me the "I'm a Passenger!" warning comes up less frequently with the update. Possibly good news?

nvvman

Neo Member
Sweet! I just moved to a place where there are tons of Pokestops so I'll be able to play this week without having to drive somewhere. Awesome timing!

Teknoman

When the new nearby radar releases along with local battles and trading...that should give the game a boost. Probably wont be anywhere near as what it was, but boost still.

Pejo

Gold Member
Wasn't getting the update on my Oneplus One, so I found the .apk and just downloaded it myself. Set my Magikarp to my buddy and went for a short walk. One candy per 1km seems pretty damn steep. I would have rather them bump up candy per catch to 5 and given us 2 or 3 candy per KM instead, but whatever, I suppose the whole game is a slow burn.

Overall, I'm pretty happy that the buddy thing is out finally.

Amalthea

Banned
Europe here: Went to the shop, no new update, opened the fix-list from the last one and went back and the new update was suddenly live. Yay.
EDIT: Made Bulbasaur my buddy as it should be.

aett

There used to be a Dratini nest not too far from my town, but it was changed to Eevee during the first nest switch in early August, and a few weeks ago it seems to have shut down as a nest entirely. I only managed to find time to catch a single Dratini before all that, so it's going to be my partner. The problem is that it's only level 12... but at least I can fill those gaps in my dex.

So because OnePlus are fucking awful and don't release good updates for what was supposed to be a flagship phone, I don't get to play Pokemon Go. Running CM13 Official, without root enabled.

Cheers Niantic you total dicks.

Pejo

Gold Member
So because OnePlus are fucking awful and don't release good updates for what was supposed to be a flagship phone, I don't get to play Pokemon Go. Running CM13 Official, without root enabled.

Cheers Niantic you total dicks.

Do you have the 2 or 3 or something? I'm running CM13 Official on my One and it's fine.

Gotta go fast

CsQkQycW8AAGpWI.jpg

I would rename my character "Sonic 3" but you can only rename once.

Anony

what are people suppose to see with a rooted phone?
i'm getting cannot connect to server

added the app to rootcloak already

Do you have the 2 or 3 or something? I'm running CM13 Official on my One and it's fine.
OnePlus 2 running CM13 Official. I know it would work perfectly if I went back to OnePlus' O2OS... but unfortunately I'm not willing to sacrifice my phone being a half baked piece of shit just to play Pokémon Go.

what are people suppose to see with a rooted phone?
i'm getting cannot connect to server

added the app to rootcloak already
With a rooted phone you'll get a message saying the app isn't compatible with your device, then a link to "learn more"

Razmos

Shame it does nothing about the stagnant state the game is in.

Can't believe it took them this long to get this shitty update out that adds nothing to the base experience. This should be a small "hey new stuff!" minor patch, not a big advertised feature and update.

This is the most substantial update they have had since the game was released and it's fucking nothing and that's just sad.

Top Bottom