• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon XY patch live on eShop

Sendou

Wait, sorry I'm a bit confused here, I've saved there already, did I screw up something? :(

If you can load up your game just fine after that you should be fine. If you experience problems some say removing and reinserting SD card might help but I don't know much about that.

At least that's been sorted but I'm guessing that the disconnection error when you put the 3DS in sleep mode / returning to the home menu hasn't been fixed?

Elfteiroh

At least that's been sorted but I'm guessing that the disconnection error when you put the 3DS in sleep mode / returning to the home menu hasn't been fixed?

I'm pretty sure I know the cause of that, and it's probably something they overlooked... While in sleep mode, everything is paused, EVEN the internet connection. But internet connection NEED to be updated constantly. Other games don't pause it, but they probably overlooked it or something...
It wouldn't be THAT hard to correct, but it would probably take some time as a lot of things needs to be added/modified to work that way, and it's probably not worth their time that much. It will be fixed in the next game, but I wouldn't wait for a patch, at least, not before a couple of months. They are probably working on the Bank right now.

I'm pretty sure I know the cause of that, and it's probably something they overlooked... While in sleep mode, everything is paused, EVEN the internet connection. But internet connection NEED to be updated constantly. Other games don't pause it, but they probably overlooked it or something...
It wouldn't be THAT hard to correct, but it would probably take some time as a lot of things needs to be added/modified to work that way, and it's probably not worth their time that much. It will be fixed in the next game, but I wouldn't wait for a patch, at least, not before a couple of months. They are probably working on the Bank right now.

I hope they have a really good algorythm to filter all the hacked pokemon

zroid

Banned
Is this the patch or the rescue app? Or both?

edit: patch. downloading now. so is the rescue app not available yet? (not that I need it, just curious)

Timeaisis

Will this fix people who already have saved in Lumiose City? I haven't run into the issue yet. But then again...I may have saved inside the City last night.
:O

A lot of times if you seek a pokemon, and then filter the offers by pokemon you have, then start a trade, the game will give you an error about a communication error occurring, and you'll have to power the system down.

oh hey, I can actually use the GTS now, cool. I always got that error.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if it changes anything with that shiny farming technique?

I'm pretty sure it's intentional...there's an in-game character who tells you about Fishing Chains and even keeps a record, it's just like Masuda Methoding Eggs and PokeRadar Chains, they're not oversights, they're purposeful.

zroid

Banned
the worst part is crossdressing is allowed in the japanese release. they specifically removed it in the west. bastards.

edit: maybe not, guess i was misinformed

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Booted the eshop and it alerted me to the update immediately, neat. I wanna say it would've updated by itself over spotpass too, but I forget if that's a thing they did.

Anyway I haven't played in a few days, but my last save was definitely right in the middle of luminoise city. D: Hopefully this'll make it safe to boot.

Randdalf

I hope they have a really good algorythm to filter all the hacked pokemon

A simple way to do it would be to use some cryptographic method to generate a MAC (message authentication code) based on the Pokemon's data, given a secret key. This MAC is then encrypted with a public key, available to all, but can only be decrypted using a private key which is only known to Nintendo.

So when starting an online battle for instance, the Pokemon will all be sent to Nintendo for verification. They first decrypt the encrypted MAC using the private key, then verify the authenticity of the Pokemon's data by checking if the same MAC is generated on their end.

El Sabroso

Very good they fixed it soon, now we need a frame rate fix, dunno if it has to be a console update more than just the title update like for other games

Elija2

I didn't get alerted about the update when I booted up the eShop. Had to manually search for "pokemon" to find the update. Why isn't there an update option built into the game like with Animal Crossing? That should be a standard feature for all of their games that they plan on patching.

L~A

Is this the patch or the rescue app? Or both?

edit: patch. downloading now. so is the rescue app not available yet? (not that I need it, just curious)

I guess thus was a mistranslation of the original PR. The patch bites cleanly indicate the patch fixes the game for those who encountered the glitch already.

Edit : post above mine. There's actually an option in the Nintendo eShop to look for updates. It's in the setting menu.

Kangi

They should implement crossdresing anyways. A female character wearing the male clothes would not look out of place really.

Yeah. It's pretty strange going from Animal Crossing where you can be a guy with pink frills or a girl with a pirate beard, decorate your house however you want, and I'm pretty sure Colton has hit on me like five times... to Pokemon where you can't wear a gender-locked hat.

Anyone know what additions they made to the GTS Filtering? I've been trying to fill the Pokedex, and one thing I'd really like from the GTS is the ability to specify Pokemon and held item. It'd be great for swapping Seadras with Dragon Scales so both parties end up with Kingdras, for example. You see a lot of people offering Seadras holding Dragon Scales, but they want Kingdras in return, and the game doesn't recognise that if you trade them a Seadra it'll end up as a Kingdra anyway. The best you can do is just leave a message and hope for the best.

Top Bottom