• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon PS4 12 hour discussion stream

Thank god it's almost over. Justin McIlroy - yuuuuuck.

He berates those who are watching it, says "STUPID CONTRAST SUCKED."

These people are awful.

Samit, apologies. Alexa- you're neat. Crecente occasionally alright. The rest- my goodness. Awful catching bits and pieces of you.

Brian Crecente from Kotaku? So that's where he ended up.

border

"Thank god for sports games and racing games -- nobody likes to play them but they sure look good."

Drunken Justin McElroy is a hilarious disaster. Showed up thinking he'd look cool with yellow sunglasses and a stupid electronic cigarette. Oooohhhh - he's blowing smoke into the camera and drinking brandy!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
As someone who doesn't follow video content from any sites, these dudes, whoever they are, really seem to live in a Sony-negative echo-chamber where all the cool dudes are not down with the PS4.

C'est la vie. I regret wasting 7 minutes watching/listening to them.

UberTag

I see Polygon made a lot of money today trolling GAF.

Clearly this is now a lucrative financial model to pursue. Props to Gies and company for astutely recognizing an opportunity for profit and taking advantage of it.

Toki767

Is this approved by Vox Media? They really need to wrap it off, it's crazy now. LOL

I can't blame them. It kind of feels like most of them are bored of gaming in general. Or just really don't like the PS4 for whatever reason.

They're basically just trying to entertain themselves for the past 12 hours.

Typomancer

Neo Member
What the fuck is going on for the last 30 minutes of this show.

There’s 3000 people still watching somehow, it’s just some friendly co-workers goofin’ around.

Justin’s Gunnar glasses are just that appealing I suppose.

Seriously though I like Justin, he’s a light-hearted dude.

DesertEagle

Neo Member
I thought Polygon took games seriously.

Tuned in for two minutes and couldn't bear any more.

Fake voices, costumes, a constant barrage of sarcasm and immaturity. It seemed as if they gave a couple of high schools a PS4 and turned the camera on. Nothing insightful or intelligent was said.

God i can't wait to see their X1 launch coverage.

"You know, maybe it's just me, but I think all these games that are technically superior on PS4 look just as good on Xbox One. And each one of these Xbox One exclusives is stunning, simply stunning, as you'd expect. Every single thing about the Xbox One is just amazing."

...oh wait, I'm sorry. That was the transcript from tonight.

jjasper

If I ever get the point where I get a new console at launch and then proceed to bitch about it for 12 hours straight I hope I sell it and quit this hobby.

Justin

^^^ Sorry they made jokes about your system of choice. Im sure you will be just as upset next week when they rip the Xbox to shreds.

If I ever get the point where I get a new console at launch and then proceed to bitch about it for 12 hours straight I hope I sell it and quit this hobby.

I guess their problem was that the stream should have been 2 hours because there wasn't enough good stuff to carry 12.

jjasper

I guess their problem was that the stream should have been 2 hours because there wasn't enough good stuff to carry 12.

There are like 25 games at launch. That works out to like 30 mins a pop (Not all would have to be 30 mins. Some you would show more than others).

Boss Man

"You know, maybe it's just me, but I think all these games that are technically superior on PS4 look just as good on Xbox One. And each one of these Xbox One exclusives is stunning, simply stunning, as you'd expect. Every single thing about the Xbox One is just amazing."

Holy shit hahah

Curious to see how much longer they can keep this up

Justin

Dude did you watch any of this? It's like they already did the Xbox livestream.

...have you heard about Titanfall?

In that 90% of the games are multi-platform?

I had the last 2 hours on in the background but it was all sports stuff which they seemed to like quite a bit.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Polygon used to be great in my opinion but suddenly they started doing this kind of bs.

Yeah, they got off to a great start with that MS-funded circle jerk.
Wait... what?

reKon

Banned
I can't see any of these dumb fucks doing anything well in life if they are this bad at their job. How do you even get a job in this shit? I'm 100% confident that I could perform their job better than they can. What a complete joke and mess of a web site along with a majority of its staff.

BeerSnob

Wow tuned in for like 2 minutes and it was two bored sounding dudes with whiny voices talking about how they were sure NBA was going to be just as good looking on the Xbox. I don't even give a shit about the console wars stuff. These guys just don't have an entertaining bone in their body. Should be accountants or managers or something.

Gies would make a fine night shift security guard, or maybe a supervisor at a staple factory.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Good lord, Sony fans are so damn sensitive. How many more times will people say, "fuck Arthur, he's a shill and an idiot", only to endlessly complain because he doesn't share their opinion? If you really don't care or think that he knows what he's talking about, then what is the point of getting mad about anything that he says? Why are you so mad, anyway? Anytime there's a negative comment about sony there's a ridiculous group of defenders losing their mind over it. It's not that serious.

I played 80%+ of my games on 360 this generation.

Doesn't change the fact that Geis is incompetent/horrifically biased/a dumbass/a douchebag.

I can't blame them. It kind of feels like most of them are bored of gaming in general. Or just really don't like the PS4 for whatever reason.

They're basically just trying to entertain themselves for the past 12 hours.

When they do the same stream for xbone they will all be ejaculating in tandem, so I don't think that's it.

You cannot be serious - that was actually said on the PS4 livestream!??

Maulik

I would just like to reiterate that it was during this steam that Arthur had this gem: In order for remote play to take off, they need to open it up to phones and tablets.

So just remember, Mr. Gies thinks that allowing you to play games on a device with no sticks and no face buttons >>>>> than letting you play it on a system that has two sticks, face buttons and is fully integrated into the existing eco system.

If you want a specific example, there it is.

Dragon

Banned
I would just like to reiterate that it was during this steam that Arthur had this gem: In order for remote play to take off, they need to open it up to phones and tablets.

So just remember, Mr. Gies thinks that allowing you to play games on a device with no sticks and no face buttons >>>>> than letting you play it on a system that has two sticks, face buttons and is fully integrated into the existing eco system.

If you want a specific example, there it is.

The hilarious thing is, Sony's goal would be to have some sort of Netflix type system and get it to all these systems with bluetooth controller support. The fact RP works as well as it does should be encouraging.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I saw the end of the video review. Fucking hilarious. lol No games to recommend *says how awesome Resogun and 2k14 is*

God i can't wait to see their X1 launch coverage.

clearly if they play any of the multiplatform games they played today, they'll have the same comments. Clearly

Nymphae

Banned
If you guys hate them so much then stop giving them this much press.

I understand this sentiment, and honestly it probably is the best course of action, but everyone loves a trainwreck and it's hard to ignore it sometimes.

I watched a bit of the roundtable last night and it was making me gag. They are completely unenthused & the conversation didn't feel natural at all. Why did they all have earpieces in, like they're all getting breaking news reports and instructions from higher up? Just have a conversation, you guys are colleagues right? So why the stilted and uninteresting banter? You would think they might be excited for a new hardware launch, but they seem pissed off that they have to cover this as a big deal or something. Chris Plante seemed to be the only one enjoying himself. They take themselves so fucking seriously it's crazy.

Edit: Bored at lunch and made this.

geese.jpg

H2Yo

I don't know anything about Alexa Ray Corriea but she looks a bit like Jeff Spicoli

6a00d83451ccc469e201761690a160970c-pi

Also, this kind of explains Polygon in a nutshell.

WOmNYqR.png

Top Bottom