• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Demo coming on January 11, 2024 | The Game Awards 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
pzKkXnc.png

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
That’s sarcasm, right?

Someone literally was making that argument in the other PoP demo thread. Saying UbiSoft knows it's a flop which is why they're releasing a demo, but saying Namo knows Tekken is a hit which is why they released the Tekken 8 demo.

tommib

Gold Member
Someone literally was making that argument in the other PoP demo thread. Saying UbiSoft knows it's a flop which is why they're releasing a demo, but saying Namo knows Tekken is a hit which is why they released the Tekken 8 demo.
You couldn’t make that up. We need to start banning idiots.

xrnzaaas

Is the demo going to be available for an infinite amount of time? Because I don't have time right now and I'm not interested if it's a time limited one like for the console versions of Anno 1800.

Kurotri

Is the demo going to be available for an infinite amount of time? Because I don't have time right now and I'm not interested if it's a time limited one like for the console versions of Anno 1800.
Apparently not time-restricted, however there's a caveat: There are no saves, everytime you start it up it starts anew:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Setup gives me so much Soul Reaver vibes.

Also, this is 60FPS on Switch, might as well check it out for just that.

Gonna download the demo on Switch and Xbox SX. 1080p/60fps on Switch sounds choice, but I want to see if the big boi console version has any significant visual upgrades besides pure resolution bump.

I usually play the Switch docked, so I’m leaning more towards Xbox, but I also have the priority of watching my 8 month old that likes to crawl and climb everywhere, and handheld mode is nice sometimes for multitasking 😂.

Hudo

I cannot put into words how fucking annoying "A Ubisoft Original" as a tagline below the game title is to me. It triggers something in me where I want to punch Yves Guillemot in the face.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Apparently not time-restricted, however there's a caveat: There are no saves, everytime you start it up it starts anew:

wait a second ..

the demo isn't just the full game, is it ? :p

quick resume would be pretty damn useful if that's the case, even with no saves :p

Demo is not timed Restricted. Thats good to hear.
Not like my Quest 3 library that is currently junked up with tons of timed demos that I can no longer delete from my library. I can hide them but not delete them.
Come on Meta thats just DUM Dumb.

Kurotri

Holy *shit* those scores are wild. As a PoP fan I love to see this. Hopefully all those people that spammed the dislike button on the youtube vids see this. I need this game to be a success so that PoP can have its grand return.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Holy *shit* those scores are wild. As a PoP fan I love to see this. Hopefully all those people that spammed the dislike button on the youtube vids see this. I need this game to be a success so that PoP can have its grand return.
Not to sound too arrogant but I just knew on this one before the reviews. If you just actually watch the available footage, everything about the gameplay looks phenomenal. I'm honestly not sure I will try the demo since I already bought this last week. It's going to be solid.

I do hope it sells well enough to show Ubisoft that investing in this IP, and quality, pays off.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I trust the development team that has made two masterpieces, and I trust 2D Prince of Persia.

What's your excuse?

Excuse? Im sure Ill get it down the line. I just dont trust reviewers. The people here are way more reliable and trustworthy than the current mainstream mouth breathers that review games.

Top Bottom