• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Beast (Bloodborne) - The very first teaser trailer

Yuterald

I was so much more interested/excited for this game when it was "Project Beast". I loved how no one knew whether or not it was going to be Souls-like or an entirely new From Software game/idea. I think what this project became was highly disappointing and it could have been an entirely fresh experience. I still haven't even gotten myself to finish Bloodborne yet because it's just so fucking exhausting and same-y. Just another sub-derivative to the Souls games.

As someone who's been playing From Software games since their inception, I can't help but to feel underwhelmed by Bloodborne. It certainly DID NOT provide that feeling I had when I first played Demon's Souls...and that's a shame that they had a chance to try to capture that essence at the launch of a new platform. Oh well.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
That looks...a bit shitty haha. The framerate is horrifying. Goddamn they upgraded the shit out of the game. It looks phenomenal today. All the shit that would have went down if they uploaded a trailer with a framerate like this haha.

popyea

I don't think certain boss locations in the trailer are indicative of much. I think it's just part of showcasing whatever assets they have finished at the time.

Endo Punk

The best goddamn hype train i was ever a part of. The Order made me question the hype vehicle but for every one of those there is one like BB where destination was every bit as good as the journey if not more so. One of gafs finest moments imo.

Ratrat

I was so much more interested/excited for this game when it was "Project Beast". I loved how no one knew whether or not it was going to be Souls-like or an entirely new From Software game/idea. I think what this project became was highly disappointing and it could have been an entirely fresh experience. I still haven't even gotten myself to finish Bloodborne yet because it's just so fucking exhausting and same-y. Just another sub-derivative to the Souls games.

As someone who's been playing From Software games since their inception, I can't help but to feel underwhelmed by Bloodborne. It certainly DID NOT provide that feeling I had when I first played Demon's Souls...and that's a shame that they had a chance to try to capture that essence at the launch of a new platform. Oh well.
It's quite obviously a Souls-like game judging by the trailer.

Yuterald

It's quite obviously a Souls-like game judging by the trailer.

Yeah, but I guess I meant before a trailer like this was shown/leaked. When I saw some of the first images and the tentative title/logo, I had such wildly different expectations/hopes for a game that we didn't ultimately receive.

Oni Jazar

I felt the opposite, the more info I heard that made it sound like Souls game the happier I got. Good thing is that it still has enough tweaks to make it feel like a different thing.

autoduelist

Wow you were originally gonna fight Cleric Beast at G
rand
C
athedral
and VA at H
emwick Witches
boss area?

Maybe,but not necessarily. They may just have only had a few finished assets, so just mix and matched for the trailer with no plans for that to be 'final'.

kewlbot

that couldnt be the framerate the game ran at, could it?
i never really did any close inspections of the fog walls in the final release, can you still see messengers in the fog walls in the finished product?

Ferr986

that couldnt be the framerate the game ran at, could it?
i never really did any close inspections of the fog walls in the final release, can you still see messengers in the fog walls in the finished product?

It was early at development, so the framerate wasn't ready. That's probably why they ended up not showing it.
And no, never noticed the tiny dudes in the fog walls. Guess it was changed.

Project Beast

Seems someone has released the first project beast trailer from last year. Shows bosses in different locations and the double barrel shotgun we never got in the final game T.T

The games come along way compared to how it looks now.

Apologies if this was already posted or if a thread was already made.

Man, it still looks so damn good. I just wanna play this version NOW!!!!!!

It wasn't a dig, it's just the concept that people would be pleased paying for something that was shown in early builds but removed from that game I find to be very much not the norm. I'm please that people are excited that may be the case, It just took me by surprise to be honest.

Not a bad thing no, just an unusual position I think. Look at Destiny and how some stuff was shown before release that is in DLC now. The reaction was very different.

This tends to happen when you make a very fulfilling main game.

lantus

Yeah I always thought cleric beast was originally supposed to be in the grand cathedral after the first trailer when he appears next to that skull after VA. Wonder why they changed it.

Alo0oy

Banned

Bloodborne was "same-y"?

It was the freshest game released this gen!

Drencrom

Yeah I always thought cleric beast was originally supposed to be in the grand cathedral after the first trailer when he appears next to that skull after VA. Wonder why they changed it.

Makes more sense that a former church hunter chief would be guarding the passage/bridge to the cathedral ward and having A
melia
, an upstanding member of the church praying at L
aurence
altar in the cathedral etc.

Damn that teaser is ugly as fuck. Just imagine the arguments there would have been had we seen that first. This Amelia Vicar looks awful compared to the final version.

tcrunch

I like how this looks, some really cool enemy design that didn't make the final cut. Hope we see some of it in the DLC.

legs hag best hag (unless that variant is in the chalice somewhere and I just missed it)
Here's all the blink and miss it non-final things, except the shotgun because if you didn't notice that I can't help you. I am thinking the caped fire minotaur is an early BP Soul?
zANkgwb.jpg
hxuNjuc.jpg
uvaGt8l.jpg
yxJ98CJ.gif
OUZzWGb.gif

The last one could be an enemy in the game but it's really hard to make out, looks like a casper.

Top Bottom