• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

LPB3 would need to be overhauled.

The primary focus should be on the feel of the platforming. Once you have that down, THEN focus on everything around it.

RSB

Banned

The primary focus should be on the feel of the platforming. Once you have that down, THEN focus on everything around it.
True. I loved the concept, and I really tried to like it, but the platforming in LBP never felt right to me. But if they nail that in LBP3, I will be there.

Yup MM are probably working on a new IP now.

Such a talented studio. Sony has some gems man

For me Tearaway felt much better. I had no problems with the platforming in that game.

To be fair, this game is clearly directed toward for soul fans and they need no further confirmation than 'It is made by miyazaki, yo.'.

Also TLOU was brand new IP, while this game is basically a sequel of demons soul.

Is it? The shotgun makes it seem more like an action game

LBP3 needs to be a fully 3D world. No more 2D platforming.
No, it doesn't. at all. Now if they add it, I won't complain but it definitely does not need a 3D world. If they tweak a few things, improve the graphics, add some options on floaty controls so people stop complaining it doesn't play like other 2D platformers they like, and add more features I will have my 60$ ready for it day one as long as it's not a F2P game.

One thing I wish is that you could create worlds with custom soundtracks. Didn't Guitar Hero or some other music game allow this? Was so disappointed when I started making a DMC game with DMC3's theme music added, and got rejected.

It's really irritating to see gamers like this guy ^ who want to change franchises people enjoy into something else entirely. Don't like the 2D, walk past the LBP section and buy another platformer. It doesn't need to turn into something else entirely.

No, it doesn't. at all. Now if they add it, I won't complain but it definitely does not need a 3D world. If they tweak a few things, improve the graphics, add some options on floaty controls so people stop complaining it doesn't play like other 2D platformers they like, and add more features I will have my 60$ ready for it day one as long as it's not a F2P game.

One thing I wish is that you could create worlds with custom soundtracks. Didn't Guitar Hero or some other music game allow this? Was so disappointed when I started making a DMC game with DMC3's theme music added, and got rejected.

It's really irritating to see gamers like this guy ^ who want to change franchises people enjoy into something else entirely. Don't like the 2D, walk past the LBP section and buy another platformer. It doesn't need to turn into something else entirely.

Well said. Completely agree

Does this thread actually have any Project Beast talk going on?

Like what is the consensus on how guns will affect PVP? I can only imagine the whining about how shotguns are OP. . .

AmyS

Just woke up, and plus, I haven't been reading this thread for days, what's the latest on Project Beast, should I be hyped for E3 or not ?

Why don't they just let you tweak your own movement values? That's another way to make it the most customizable game ever.

Either way, yeah the play forming kind of sucks in LBP.They should really spend some time working on that.

DeviantBoi

Gamers like me?

If I recall, the LBP2 main story was a platformer, but it allowed to create a ton of other styles of games.

If they took the LBP creative tools and allowed us to make games like Tearaway (which I effing loved), then that's an understandable progression to the series. Otherwise, what can they do? New story with different and better looking visuals? No fun in that.

Now, give us tools to create 3D worlds, then down the line they can toggle a first-person view and you have something you can use in Project Morpheus.

Gamers like me?

If I recall, the LBP2 main story was a platformer, but it allowed to create a ton of other styles of games.

If they took the LBP creative tools and allowed us to make games like Tearaway (which I effing loved), then that's an understandable progression to the series. Otherwise, what can they do? New story with different and better looking visuals? No fun in that.
Wow thanks for that, I didn't know that about myself until now. You do realize that they can create other tools to expand on the 2D creation tools they already have? What they do exactly is up to them, as long as it feels fresh. It doesn't need to feel like a completely different game, which is what your ridiculous expectations are set at in terms of reinvigorating the series.

You remind me of the gamers who want to change every game into an open world game, because if it doesn't fit your own specific area of enjoyment, than they're doing it wrong. I can see LBP going the 3D route but I don't necessary ask for it because it's not necessarily needed. It's a great 2D platformer and if it stays 2D, that's more than fine except for the vocal loud minority who thinks every developer should cater to their own, specific likes.

Now, give us tools to create 3D worlds, then down the line they can toggle a first-person view and you have something you can use in Project Morpheus.
While you're at it, why don't you just replace their art directors and take over entirely? You're just asking for a different game and it's just silly to have these expectations. This is something that falls more in line with MM's new IP, that seems more focused on 3D tools and creating.

Con_Smith

Banned
I feel like I'm the only person on Gaf that'll use this reveal as their Sony Conference bathroom break.

It doesn't look interesting to me in the slightest. I wish I liked From Software's stuff half as much as most of you.

I feel ya breh. Will be taking a deuce for the new Halo reveal myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom