• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS: Full car list revealed - 65 cars included on-disc, 9 to download

Nobody's really asking for a car collector so I don't know why that's being brought up.

It's perfectly reasonable to be disappointed at the lack of some big brand names in the car list. It's not like people are asking for Jay Leno Tank Cars, we're talking Chevys and Ferraris.

That being said, for me personally, the track list offsets any disappointment at some of the omissions in the car list.

Don't understand how people are 100% ok with this. Yeah it's good that less cars means more focus on each of them, but this is too little and is lacking huge brands. I'm not asking for hundreds of cars but maybe have a couple of cars from every major brand.

I'll still play this because it sounds like it's gonna be a good game but man, that car list is pretty bad.

Now I'm even more excited about the next GT on current gen with massively upgraded sound engine, visuals, good physics, and a lot of cars.

Shouldn't people be comparing the car list to actual SIMULATORS like iRacing or Assetto Corsa? I can't stay here. Too much ignorance about this game. I'm bailing out.
It's being compared to "simcade" games because that's all the consoles have which Project cars happens to be launching on.

Was hoping for the Dodge Viper 2014 GTS-R And the Corvette 2014 CR7-R
15796037726550446731-680x355.jpg

2pre7620.jpg

Hope they make it Via DLC

NHale

Shouldn't people be comparing the car list to actual SIMULATORS like iRacing or Assetto Corsa? I can't stay here. Too much ignorance about this game. I'm bailing out.

Were you really expecting anything different though? If the game is a real sim on consoles (let's hope so, still not convinced until I play it though) you can expect a lot of rage at the game handling physics after release too. There are a lot of reasons iRacing isn't remotely interested to develop console versions...

Gestault

Since when are Forza and Gran Turismo simcade?

With a wheel and with the proper settings, most differences come down to personal preference. Unless the companies behind the games call them "sim-cade," I'm inclined to think of it as a "no true Scotsman" sort of thing. The high end of PC simulations give more options though, and generally push for a closer approximation of motorsport.

Arklite

Right, so never then. Project Gotham is simcade. Driveclub is simcade. GT and Forza are not.

Think of them more as lite-sim, don't get caught up on the 'arcade' label. Basically there's PC sims that will make your car spin out into oblivion if you don't manage braking and gas meticulously, GT is quite a bit more forgiving even if it is in the same genre.

TheBoss1

No Gran Turismo Racer (GT-R), Lambo, Ferrari, E46 M3, Supra, RX-7, NSX, Corvette... They will lose many sales just for this car list and lack of customization alone. Shame though because the game looks magnificent.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Some of the replies in this thread are just...wow. Did people really miss the fact that it's a racing simulator first and foremost and that it had a fraction of the budget of your usual AAA racing game, being crowdfunded and all that?

Are they charging us a fraction of the price for the fraction of the budget and car selection? No? Then...sorry but people are going to voice some complaints. Deal with it.

Metfanant

Before reacting to the car list, one has to remember that this game is very focused on RACING, and is not geared towards road cars...

v1lla21

Oh man, that lack of Japanese cars... I feel like Evo and SMS had some kind of pact. It gas Ford though so I'm happy. I'll probably pick this up in September.

a916

Hopefully we can get some DLC because the 5 manufacturers I really want are missing from this car list... and that's why I wanted the game, to drive those cars.

Ainsz

Disappointing list, especially with the downloadable car pack. And the sly jabs at GT make no sense. I'll probably get it but this makes me want a GT7 so much more.

Metzhara

Seems like they should have just polled GAF for the necessary cars to make this game sell.
As long as the physics are solid, the cars used have a range, I'll be fine. Could have been a bunch of clunkers and I'd probably give it a go with those conditions...

Now I want someone to make a realistic poor man's racing sim... the top of the line car is just it's base version without all the miles on it that you win for beating the career.

Chabbles

That list does look small on paper. I mean its called Project Cars, i was expecting hundreds tbh... still pretty excited for release though.

LordofPwn

Not a terrible list, but seem lacking some big ones.

Drive club has a bigger selection in terms of numbers but the track list in project cars is putting this game on my radar. Would love to try a demo on PS4.

A smaller amount than I would have expected from a racer such as this, but it's no deal-breaker.

No Lambos or Ferraris makes me sad.

ItIsOkBro

Actually the worst car roster I've seen in a long while.

And even at such a small number it still seems to suffer from Gran Tusismo syndrome:

Aston Martin Vantage GT3
Aston Martin Vantage GT4

Ginetta G55 GT3
Ginetta G55 GT4

The list is small, no denying that. However, since this is a sim, a bunch of cars from some racing categories and the car list will be much better in the future.

If they add a couple of BTCC cars, a couple of Aussie V8´s, some SuperGT, old GT1 cars and keep expanding on what they are doing, we will be in good shape. I know they are trying to secure more brands, and if Assetto Corsa is an example, there´s no reason why can´t they secure brands like Chevy, Ferrari and Lambo.

We will enjoy those 65 cars a lot and the car list for Pcars 2 will probably be in the 200´s.

As for the lack of road cars, i really don´t mind. I don´t think it´s the focus of a game like this. I bet some models were added just to please manufactors. It´s all about motorsports in this one.

Actually the worst car roster I've seen in a long while.

And even at such a small number it still seems to suffer from Gran Tusismo syndrome:

Actually is not. The joke on Gran Turismo is about duplicates like Opel Astra racing car and Vauxhall Astra racing car or clones like Skyline GTR R34 and Skyline GTR R34 midnight purple.

The examples you gave are completely different cars. A GT4 spec car is a base entry for racing and it´s a regular street car with a few enhancements made to race in real life series under the GT4 specs.

A GT3 car is a totally different beast with custom made parts to compete in FIA sanctioned events for the GT3 class. It´s a real bad ass racing car.

You can´t compare GT3 cars to GT4 cars even if you want to stretch it. This variety will gives us good league opportunities in Pcars. It´s not Gran Turismo clones at all.

Korezo

So now people are saying pcars is a sim and GT and forza are simcade? When pcars was in early access all the complaining were of the unrealistic driving physics, so if GT and forza are simcade pcars is the #1 simcade.

JP

Limited Edition said:
Sauber C9 Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe DTM
McLaren F1
Ford Mk. IV
BMW M1 Procar (E26/1)
When I pre-ordered on PSN it said the game was the limited edition but it didn't say what the extra content was, now I know.

Piers

Welcome to Community Assisted Racing Simulator, supposedly.
Unless licensing prohibits users to model and develop their own favourites.

GHG

But dude, Forza has like a million cars yo.

Don't worry about it, these guys most likely wouldn't race clean anyway :) .

No complaints from me. Of course it's missing certain manufacturers, but considering the budget vs. titles like GT, Forza, Driveclub, etc., I think it's fair to give them a break on something like that, and some time to build up that car list through DLCs/expansions/sequels/whatever. The track list more than makes up for it.

Top Bottom