• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Paddle Keys: Triangle, Square, Circle, and Perp-Lines

DeaviL

Banned
not in my house

-Could you hand me the second remote?

-You what?

-The... second remote?

234015_o.gif

Karsha

Aside from the controller, was there any reason they decided to remove the colors from the Playstation sign ? It was cool for the ps1 era that the sign had the same color as the buttons

lt519

Ecks
Hard G
Over the roll
Stand to piss
No feathers
Control/controller. Never remote.

What other GAF controversial stances am I missing?

What's no feathers?

Do you stand or sit when wiping? Highly controversial amongst my friends. Some like to admire our work.

Remote is totally legit for any console as well.

fedexpeon

Banned
Remote controller, that's valid i'm afraid.

Wow, learning something new.
Remote controller is for RC(duh) car/boat/plane, and TV/BR/DVD/CD/Electronic devices.
I guess using Remote Controller does make sense, but wow, I have never heard/thought about that term being used for videogame controller until now.
I always say controller when asking for the controller.

kick51

Banned
perp-lines it?

i really don't get what they're trying to do with that ad and I am scared and afraid and definitely canceled my FIFA pre-order because of it.

Why the fuck would you say cross instead of X

ecks.

Because it's always been officially referred to as the cross button by Sony. The point was to differenciate between the PS1 controller and the SNES and Saturn controllers which used AB(C)XY(Z) theme.

Also F sony for switching the confirm/cancel buttons in the US and F Microsoft for perpetuating it... Now there is momentary confusion when I jump back and forth between my Nintendo games and everything else.

This new PlayStation ad clearly shows that "X" is meant to be read as "Cross" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Byc5-gACYAAWxX5.jpg

What does 'Box it' mean in terms of soccer? I get all the other ones (even cross!) but this one is puzzling me... Is it like boxing up the ball as a gift before scoring?

Ecks
Hard G
Over the roll
Stand to piss
No feathers
Control/controller. Never remote.

What other GAF controversial stances am I missing?
Ecks 4 life
Hard G 4 life too
Over the roll
Control/Controller

These I can agree with, the others I have to say I prefer the opposite

As for ones you missed:

Never tip
Uncut

SerTapTap

If you call it "cross" in my house you're getting the Mad Katz controller.
and I dont' even own a mad katz controller

Rocky

Banned
Because it's always been officially referred to as the cross button by Sony. The point was to differenciate between the PS1 controller and the SNES and Saturn controllers which used AB(C)XY(Z) theme.

Also F sony for switching the confirm/cancel buttons in the US and F Microsoft for perpetuating it... Now there is momentary confusion when I jump back and forth between my Nintendo games and everything else.

Care to provide a link where Sony "officially" calls it 'cross'? We've already had a link where the creator of the controller calls it 'eks'.

I've been using Sony consoles since PS1 and I've never heard Sony or anyone else call it 'cross'

Top Bottom