• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Games Finally coming to PS4/PS5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars shows up on the PSN backend

Seems like the PS2 emulator is finally working on PS5. I only hoped they would be faster with these but hey...we're there it seems.

If they didn't announce this for this month's games, we're probably hearing something about emulation during their showcase, otherwise it's weird to upload this a month in advance on their backend.

edit:

June 11 seems to be the release date

Last edited:

nial

The fact that Sony could potentially still publish content (i.e. PS, PS2 and PSP classics) on PS4 even after PS6 launches is so insane.

Kerotan

This opens the gate for a lot of classics.
They'll do the vita next.
Does anybody think they'll get a PS3 emulator on the PS6?

Kerotan

Sony published ps2 game's by year.

2004edit

2005edit

2006edit

2007edit

2008edit

2009edit

2010edit

2011edit

2012edit

2013edit

Last edited:

nial

Finally?

Unless I'm missing something, they've released a bunch of PS2 games on PS4 already, emulated at higher resolutions.

Eg Code Veronica X's PS2 port is available on PS4 at 1080p.
The initiative only lasted from November 2015 to January 2019 (December 2017 for first-party), and those remained PS4-only SKUs.
Plus, Japan only got 6 games out of it, so it must be important for SIE to start from scratch again.

Last edited:

Kerotan

2000edit

2001​

edit
Retail
AirBlade (PAL only)
Bravo Music: Christmas Edition (Japan only)
Cool Boarders 2001 (North America only)
ATV Offroad Fury
Dark Cloud
Extermination
Formula One 2001
Frequency (North America and PAL only)
Genshi no Kotoba (Japan only)
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
Gran Turismo Concept Tokyo 2001 (Japan only)
Gran Turismo Concept Tokyo-Geneva (PAL only)
Gran Turismo Concept Tokyo-Seoul (South-Korea only)
Ico
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Kinetica (North America only)
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (Co-published with Namco in PAL only)
Legaia 2: Duel Saga (Japan only)
Mad Maestro! (Japan only)
Mister Mosquito (Japan only)
MotoGP (Co-published with Namco in PAL only)
NBA ShootOut 2001 (North America only)
NCAA Final Four 2002 (North America only)
NFL GameDay 2002 (North America only)
NHL FaceOff 2001
Okage: Shadow King (North America and Japan only)
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Pipo Saru 2001 (Japan only)
Rimo-Cocoron (Japan only)
Sagashi ni Ikouyo (Japan only)
SkyGunner (Japan only)
Sky Odyssey (Japan and PAL only)
The Bouncer (Co-published with Squaresoft in PAL only)
The Yamanote Sen: Train Simulator Real (Japan only)
Time Crisis II (Co-published with Namco in PAL only)
This is Football 2002 (PAL and North America only)
Tsungai: Atonement (Japan only)
Twisted Metal: Black
Vampire Night (Co-published with Namco in PAL only)
Yoake no Mariko (Japan only)
WRC

2002edit

2003edit

Last edited:

begotten

I notice Disney is putting all their old games on PS+, with some animated movie games and a lot of Star Wars.

But where's all the non-Disney shit.

Go to Capcom / Square already and get their libraries already.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wish they’d just emulate what they had on the PS3 store. I could “add to library” for the stuff I already paid for. I feel like we are celebrating Sony cherry picking or becoming Nintendo. It’s great they can see the games I purchased already. I just wish they would move a little faster.

I wouldn’t pay $5 for this game, but it’s like throwing a PS fan a bone with news like this. i didn’t bother with Star Wars games after Rogue Squadron II and Kotor.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Ps6 BC - ps1,ps2,ps3,ps4,Ps5

Regular Season Wow GIF by Major League Soccer

Barakov

Given how they're drip feeding the PS1 games and not putting up the ones people want, it's kinda hard to be excited for this.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
One of the games I really want to play if we ever got it on ps5 is actually breath of fire dragon quarter.

I’d love to replay bof4 too.

VulcanRaven

I was confused at first because I thought I had seen that Clone Wars game on PS Store already. It was on Xbox Store. I hope they also bring the Revenge of the Sith game like on Xbox.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

The PS2 emulator on Emudeck is very good. Been playing Code Veronica X there lately on the Steam Deck. So cool to have all my old games available on there. Strange that Sony don't have everything available on their services.

Esppiral

I've been playing PS2 games on my ps5 since day one, so the emulator was there, it needs improvements because a PS2 game at 2x Max the original resolution doesn't make the cut anymore, and some games are glitchy as hell on Ps5 like Primal and Ape Escape 3, Don know why no one has complained about it yet....

Last edited:
I liked the Starfighter game. It's like the Rogue leader of PS2 and you could see they really tried to push the PS2 hardware.

Last edited:

SCB3

Finally?

Unless I'm missing something, they've released a bunch of PS2 games on PS4 already, emulated at higher resolutions.

Eg Code Veronica X's PS2 port is available on PS4 at 1080p.
Yea I was gonna say the same, I own a few that play on PS4/5 including as you mentioned CVX

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The only PS2 games that I want as of right now is Haunting Ground, Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly and The Thing. Those are the only ones that I don't have access to legit outside emulation. Other than that, I own every PS2 game I want through re-releases, either on PS3 or PS4. I hope PS5 brings some good shit to the table. I read that the programmer for this particular emulator has worked on PCSX2, so the quality on the ports should be good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom