• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 DNS Error - What's Causing This?

alex1893

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Sorry for the bump. IP address gets found but internet connection fails. I tried the links in this thread, but still didn't work. :(
same thing here, IP found but internet connection fails.

crazy about this: the DNS problem only occurs when trying to connect to PSN, going online with the browser is perfectly fine without a glitch, despite the test saying the connection failed. Luckily it's only occuring every now and then since the last update, and after a few minutes of retrying the PS3 connects to PSN and stays on as if there was no problem before. *confused*

edit: PS3 is wired. Can't get a stable wireless connection, it disconnects every few minutes even before the update... but I figure that depends on my router (Netgear WGR614) and the PS3 being quite picky with some routers. ;)

Cheech

I had this issue amongst others, but swapped out my ancient dlink for one of the new dual-radio Airport Extremes, and the PSN has actually been quick for me lately. Haven't seen the DNS error either.

So i tried the DNS manual config and the test still wasn't able to get past internet connection. I do have Time Warner and a decently shitty router...sigh. Any suggestions?

Ryck

Ughh bumping an ancient topic but I am having the same problems. I tried changing the Dns and no success is my router the problem?

Top Bottom