• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

boeso

I swear, the more I read neogaf, the more I realize that I have a shitload more patience than the majority of people... It's crazy to see how frustrated people are getting. When it comes, it comes. I hope it will be worth the wait.

The more I read NeoGAF the more I see Buddhist monk-gamers.

Goddamn. Pass the karma around!

I swear, the more I read neogaf, the more I realize that I have a shitload more patience than the majority of people... It's crazy to see how frustrated people are getting. When it comes, it comes. I hope it will be worth the wait.
Same, for example every time I read an E3 conference thread I'm dumbfounded.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I think Sony just needs to shut up about firmware updates and release them spontaneously like they did the recent update to the PSP/PS1 compatibility for the Vita. It doesn't matter how many neat updates they add, more and more people add to the wish list until eventually nothing satisfies.

Cudder

Can anyone else not view their own screenshots in the storage management menu? They never show when I select them..

Melchiah

Yep. I guess patience comes with age.

Danlord

I don't know if posted but I found the Japanese PR to 1.7 firmware.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140417b.html

Features added:

+ Ustream, Twitch Archive
+ Ustream, Twitch HD quality
+ Ustream, Twitch tag/comments
+ SHAREfactory
+ Vita TV Remote Play
+ Turn off the HDCP
+ Preloading games from PS Store
+ Passcore input to pair Remove Play devices

Surely this isn't a comprehensive list of features added in Firmware 1.70 because Yoshida confirmed Lightbar Dimming and it isn't mentioned in the list, perhaps it's a draft PR that shouldn't have gone live?

Surely this isn't a comprehensive list of features added in Firmware 1.70 because Yoshida confirmed Lightbar Dimming and it isn't mentioned in the list, perhaps it's a draft PR that shouldn't have gone live?

Lightbar dimming was never confirmed for 1.70 from what I've seen.

Caayn

I don't know if posted but I found the Japanese PR to 1.7 firmware.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140417b.html

Features added:

+ Ustream, Twitch Archive
+ Ustream, Twitch HD quality
+ Ustream, Twitch tag/comments
+ SHAREfactory
+ Vita TV Remote Play
+ Turn off the HDCP
+ Preloading games from PS Store
+ Passcore input to pair Remove Play devices
Disappointed if that's it. What happened to the lightbar dimming? And other features talked about in the other PS4 firmware thread.

Preloading games is nice though.

Danlord

Lightbar dimming was never confirmed for 1.70 from what I've seen.

Screen%20Shot%202014-03-24%20at%2011.44.16%20AM.png

Whilst Keighley misinterpreted that it could be completely disabled, Yoshida himself clarified it could be dimmed but I realise that it wasn't ever confirmed for 1.70 but I don't see any reason it can't be in 1.70 as it's not an entirely complex feature to have that could warrant it being in an update after firmware 1.70

protonion

Probably old.

I bought Trials Fusion and after the patch I checked the update history.
One fix was about a crash with system software 1.70! I thought I had it for a moment...

Probably old.

One fix was about a crash with system software 1.70! I thought I had it for a moment...

Interesting. Good catch. Has to be next week. Here's hoping there's more than what's in that Japanese press release. Please please have friends signing online notifications

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
■ Main features updated at PS4 ™ system software version 1.70
Broadcast
  • You will be able to broadcast using live smiling.
  • Broadcast, which is delivered to a smiling live broadcast is possible to View in Live from PlayStation on.
※ smiling account is required for delivery.
※ side to the viewing is not required for account but smile, smile account is required to comment.

I like Google Translate sometimes.

Remote play from the Vita TV seems pretty big? For the Vita TV users around outside Japan that is.

Gibberish translated ahoy
Remote play from the 5. PS Vita TV
You can use remote play "PS4 link" on the PS Vita TV, using the PS Vita TV, remote control of PS4 ™ far away.

Number of accounts that can be simultaneously logged in to the PS4 ™ in PS Vita TV becomes 2 account, remote play function can be used by two people.
• 1 person connects to PS4 ™ automatically PSN account that is stored in the PS Vita TV.
• The second person, you can connect by pressing the PS button on the wireless controller other in a state in which the first user has connected.

It's not exactly a requested "feature," but I have some old PS4 notifications like obtained trophies, invites, etc., that I can't delete. It doesn't affect system performance but it's annoying. I wonder if it's gonna be like the clock bug that went eons unfixed.

Eggbok

I want to know this:
If you are allowed to use your own "original music" in SHAREfactory does this mean, they are adding mp3 support?

Tsundere

Banned
I want to know this:
If you are allowed to use your own "original music" in SHAREfactory does this mean, they are adding mp3 support?

Yes, in a sense, but probably not in the way we want (yet). Probably allowing import of MP3 music into Sharefactory, but not yet giving us access to a Music App.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My PS4 is really finicky when plugged into my HDMI switcher... I have to plug it directly into the TV's HDMI port for it to work properly. Do you think the "HDCP off" will fix that...?

HanselBot

Banned
I think Sony just needs to shut up about firmware updates and release them spontaneously like they did the recent update to the PSP/PS1 compatibility for the Vita. It doesn't matter how many neat updates they add, more and more people add to the wish list until eventually nothing satisfies.

So true.

wormania

My PS4 is really finicky when plugged into my HDMI switcher... I have to plug it directly into the TV's HDMI port for it to work properly. Do you think the "HDCP off" will fix that...?

Almost certainly. I'm assuming your HDMI switcher is reasonably cheap. It's probably not fully passing on the HDCP handshake from Console to TV/Monitor.

yeah but thats per installed app . not universal. knowing sony it would break something if they add wallpaper. lol

Ah, my sarcasm detector was broken :p

If changing the resource file used for the background breaks the OS. Then Sony has a whole lot more problems.

Yeah pretty much I mean even old Windows 95 PCs with 32mb RAM could have wallpapers :p

You can't just flip a switch and change the wallpaper.

Oh that's true, it would probably involve a string not a switch! :p

Probably old.

Maybe thats why the share button crashes Trials Fusion, it's also waiting for 1.70!

Speculate!

I wish this update would come out already. Not because I care about any of the reported features, but because I want them to move on to a version with features I do care about like saving movies and music to the hard drive. What's more annoying about Sony's approach is they don't beta test these updates like MS does so it's likely some people will have issues for one reason or another.

Top Bottom