• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Final Fantasy XV Luna Bundle will be released in NA and EU

Arkeband

Banned
Are people seriously still going on about where is the Pro bundle?

You guys do know Sony has probably manufactured million of standard PS4 Pro, they won't open up a new line for a custom Pro sku till they managed to sell there original stock. Since when has a Custom Console ever launched on a new console release?

They've probably manufactured more Slims than Pros at this point, so I don't get this.

They've probably manufactured more Slims than Pros at this point, so I don't get this.

You actually agrees with the poster. The fact that they've made more slim means they can use lines to make special editions. They need to make enough pros to sell a nice volume before special editions are made

Man...this is still a big markup for me. Delux edition is $72 for me with Amazon discount so even wth a brand new slim it's just $390 or so tax included for both.

This is making me wait to get a slim (which I need I don't have a PS4 right now) and it's almost $100 markup up for the sexy...

Man...why couldn't this be the Pro smh...

farisr

I'm obviously using American Bucks for my math bro.
Yeah, sorry. Had the Canadian deals thread open as well and I thought I was in there. I missed the part about 1TB as well, so got really confused and was thinking "why is he switching between an incorrect canadian price for the console, and the US price of the deluxe edition?"

LOL

Kolx

Why is it 449$? 50$ for 500gb more and 50$ for being a LE why is there 50$ more? isn't games usually included for free with these consoles?

edit: oh so it's not just the game

The thing that baffles me the most about this is the moon design. Take off the "XV" and I wouldn't know that is a special edition Final Fantasy system. Terrible.

Maybe their marketing team ran out of money to hire a real designer, or common sense to use actual game art like the title's logo instead. Anything would have been more relevant and nicer than this.

And the controller is even worse lol.

It's for that exact reason non-FF fans are actually interested in buying this.

A friend of mine couldn't give a flying fuck about Final fantasy but wants this console. They will just sell on the game.

R-User!

Don't forget $17.00 minimum price for 4-7 days shipping to your home with no option for release date delivery to a store near you.

If this was my only option to buy this item this way, I'd have to pass as I'm not waiting another week, nor paying for shipping...

...unless the stores start allowing in-store orders that ship to the store, then I may pick this up to use as a fancy Blu ray player or a bedroom TV streamer.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The fact that they're making an LE slim and not a Pro... do you think that's a subtle sign that there won't be any significant Pro differences at launch? Maybe a significant Pro-enhanced patch later after they've had some more time? They seem too busy as it is and initially it will probably just be "Pro-compatible" right?

wmlk

The fact that they're making an LE slim and not a Pro... do you think that's a subtle sign that there won't be any significant Pro differences at launch? Maybe a significant Pro-enhanced patch later after they've had some more time? They seem too busy as it is and initially it will probably just be "Pro-compatible" right?

We've had an impression from someone who saw FFXV on Pro that it's the biggest difference from PS4 -> Pro right now.

Zafir

Might have actually considered getting the Pro if there had have been a XV pro limited edition console.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be, I'll save my money.

Boke1879

Nah. I just think it's because the profit margins will be higher. Slim is the cheaper console to produce. It's getting special branding and it includes the game, etc. They are definitely charging a premium.

This will only be exclusive at Gamestop so it won't be everywhere. They'll make enough to fill preorder and have some on shelves. If anything expect a COD pro bundle imo.

I just had some time to play in Photoshop, so here are some quick sketches :)

rL9Glzy.png

LSmgeOL.png

qprjHnX.png

They really did make this a jump through hurdles type of thing.

- I’m getting a Pro, so I don’t need a 1TB HDD on my Slim
- Amazon Prime gives me a nice discount on Deluxe edition FF15 already
- I don’t have a PS4, and this comes out I’m assuming with FF15 launch
- Exclusive to Gamestop, when I have credit at Best Buy and Amazon

The only pro is this thing is super super sexy...But I don’t think I can justify it.

wmlk

Pretty sad that the simple logo design is far superior to the moon shit they went with.

I think you're the only one who is so vehemently against the moon. I dunno, I think the moon works especially well as spots of it actually blends with the black. Also, there's reason to believe that the moon will be a visually memorable part of the game in later stages.

The moon has been a part of their marketing since 2006. It's always been there. Maybe it just doesn't stand out right now because what we've seen of it so far is just an ordinary moon.

Having the logo is a copout. I was expecting just that, but I love what they did with it instead.

Kyoufu

I think you're the only one who is so vehemently against the moon. I dunno, I think the moon works especially well as spots of it actually blends with the black. Also, there's reason to believe that the moon will be an visually memorable part of the game in later stages.

The moon has been a part of their marketing since 2006. It's always been there. Maybe it just doesn't stand out right now because what we've seen of it so far is just an ordinary moon.

Having the logo is a copout. I was expecting just that, but I love what they did with it instead.

It's not just the moon, but the dumb names of the broskis below the numerals. Terrible.

wmlk

It's not just the moon, but the dumb names of the broskis below the numerals. Terrible.

I think the name of the guys is the only really weird part. Just...odd. It's like this console is their tombstone. Maybe that's the point. lol

Rozart

Pretty. Really, really pretty. If I had the extra cash to throw around, I'd get it but it's a lil too pricey for me tbh.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
It actually makes sense that it's not a Pro. That system launches on Nov 10, this game, Nov 29. I'm sure they want to sell the Pro for as low as they can before you start springing bundles of it. The Slim is better, here. It'll have been out for two months and it's an easier sell. The Pro with that stuff bundled would have also jacked up the price up beyond $500.

I'd call this a smart business move, along with one of the sexiest Bundles ever created!

R-User!

Has anyone tried pre-ordering in a store? If so, what was your end result?

I called yesterday, and was told their system stated that the preorder was of the type that would be ordered in store to ship to the customers home.

So as of now that's what I understood the order type to be.

Edit: Am I wrong, or is it kinda like Gamestop is just drop-shipping the consoles for SquareEnix?

R-User!

Found out today that you CAN preorder at a Gamestop store and pick it up at that store thereby saving yourself a minimum $17 shipping charges.

Any word of the standard edition of this bundle coming to the West? I'd bite on a Slim with FFXV standard bundled for $299. Looking to get my first PS4 but not interested in UC4 or BLOPS 3, the only games they're bundling atm.

Edit: Sorry, by West I meant U.S.

Top Bottom