• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 full page advert in UK newspaper, "Coming 2013"

PJV3

When would production need to start for this to happen. I really would like one before Chrimbo.

Surely that Xbox one was made by the local store. Bwahaha

Also hot DAMN this is going to be an awesome console race.

My thoughts exactly. MS must have seen it and made an angry phone call to the store.

"Make one of us ASAP or no windows tablets for you! And put it infront obscuring the PS4 one".

lol

Was talking to the local Game store manager today as I was buying Mario 3DS for my niece. PS4 pre orders rocketed after the Xbox reveal, some Wii U's have shifted too. As a Xbox fan, sort of, I still can't believe how poor that reveal was (Yes I was aware Games, Games, Games for E3)

Carl

Let's not get carried away here. I mean, it was just a single rumor that there would be a PS4 ad, right?

I distinctly remember watching about 2 hours of American Idol with GAF last year, just to catch some illusive Wii-U commercial that never even aired that day.

That thread was amazing, by the way.

I was in that thread too.

I hate football and i'm tempted to do the same thing again. Watching a football match just to see a Playstation advert that might not even exist? Is my life that pitiful?

Yes

Mokubba

I was in that thread too.

I hate football and i'm tempted to do the same thing again. Watching a football match just to see a Playstation advert that might not even exist? Is my life that pitiful?

Yes

That was an epic thread. It'll be good to have one for the PS4 too.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Hoping for a good showing from Sony so I can convince the Mrs that it is not a luxury but a necessity.

Also, fuck Bayern. They let the cuntiest of the Chavs and his shinpad/suit combo lift the trophy last year. Fuck Bayern.

I can't believe i'm considering watching a football/soccer match because of an advert...

You needn't watch the whole thing. Football matches only have one break, at half-time, all you need to do is tune in at half-time. Kick-off is at 7:45 BST, so half-time should be around 8:30 BST.

And anyway, you might like it. *shrug*

Robso

i dont think you dont put ads in papers with "coming 2013" unless it applies to that territory

prepare for over enjoyment

Indeed. I just don't want to get my hopes up as, usually, Europe gets kicked in the nuts. Knowing our luck we'll get it this year at a more expensive price than everywhere else.

Shiggy

i dont think you dont put ads in papers with "coming 2013" unless it applies to that territory

prepare for over enjoyment

Well, Nintendo put up an advert in a European magazine for a game they never released in Europe - and that ad said "coming soon".

But Sony is not Nintendo.

DBT85

Indeed. I just don't want to get my hopes up as, usually, Europe gets kicked in the nuts. Knowing our luck we'll get it this year at a more expensive price than everywhere else.

It will be more expensive that the US for sure, the US price never includes any tax and the exchange rates are all different. Same for all electronics.

Were you looking at the woman with the puppy? If so, that may not have been wee.

That's a little girl, bro

The ad was in one of the red top newspapers today. A colleague at work saw it and immediately proclaimed "There's a PS4 coming out soon?".

I've already heard a fair bit of chatter about the new PS and Xbox and the rivalry that it'll be causing as people decide which is going to be the best. It's a stark contrast to the WiiU which had... silence. No-one knew about it and probably still don't.

bryanee

No PS4 ad yet but I did get a lovely Man of Steel one. If its coming it'll be during the second break during HT, well here in the UK anyway.

vercity82

totally shocked Sony never did a ps4 seeing man of steel then call of duty with xbox one but no ps4 its like the super bowl of europe the champions league.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
They get a lot of attention with ad boards near the pitch, no need for commercials yet. My dad said 'So, PS4 THIS YEAR???'

Dre

totally shocked Sony never did a ps4 seeing man of steel then call of duty with xbox one but no ps4 its like the super bowl of europe the champions league.

German television for instance doesn't show ads during halftime, it's actually quite clever to have a PS4 ad board showing up every 10 min during the game instead.

Top Bottom