• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 HDD speed test thread (HDD/SSHD/SSD/STD)

Tux

What I meant by streaming, is streaming of textures. In games like Rage the pop-in is greatly reduced if you put a SSD in.

With PS3 Rage was a rare example of a game benefiting by having a SSD, cause most games only installed a small portion of the game to the HDD and still read from the bluray disk.

Found this…on the PS4's blu-ray…

The read-only optical drive reads Blu-ray discs at 6x constant angular velocity for a maximum read speed of 27 MB/s – a significant upgrade from the PS3's 2x speeds that were capped at 9MB/s. To further enhance optical drive performance, the PS4 features a hardware on-the-fly zlib decompression module (a special piece of hardware used to quickly decompress the data on the Blu-Ray disc, which has been compressed to save space and bandwidth), allowing for greater effective bandwidth, whilst at the same time, the console continuously caches data onto its hard disk, even buffering unread data when a game isn't actively accessing the optical drive, forming part of Sony's PlayGo strategy.

wizzbang

Banned
Guys,

I tried to do some benchmarking last night but I have _NO IDEA_ how to tell if the full disc is copied to the HDD.
My optical drive seems quiet (or rather, it doesn't seem particularly noisier than the damn fan) so I put KZ: SF in the drive but within a minute it's playable (ok that's like 500mb? or something) - but the remainder, no idea how much has copied.

It clearly allocated 41gb of data but that was set as used / allocated within about 2 minutes, which is just not possible. How do I tell what's actually copied to the HDD? (I get the impression it allocates empty files at least, since the space is even marked as used, so that would eliminate fragmentation at least, right?)

Any PS4 / tech gurus or even devs want to chime in?

DBT85

Guys,

I tried to do some benchmarking last night but I have _NO IDEA_ how to tell if the full disc is copied to the HDD.
My optical drive seems quiet (or rather, it doesn't seem particularly noisier than the damn fan) so I put KZ: SF in the drive but within a minute it's playable (ok that's like 500mb? or something) - but the remainder, no idea how much has copied.

It clearly allocated 41gb of data but that was set as used / allocated within about 2 minutes, which is just not possible. How do I tell what's actually copied to the HDD? (I get the impression it allocates empty files at least, since the space is even marked as used, so that would eliminate fragmentation at least, right?)

I do not believe there is any way to tell, other than it not spinning the drive up much or often once complete.

wizzbang

Banned
I do not believe there is any way to tell, other than it not spinning the drive up much or often once complete.

That's really REALLY frustrating, there must be some kind of trickery developers know or Sony? Some kind of either hidden option or "true drive space used" test or something?

jimbob1971

Neo Member
That's really REALLY frustrating, there must be some kind of trickery developers know or Sony? Some kind of either hidden option or "true drive space used" test or something?
Let's be having your numbers anyway, you can always correct them later.

What are you getting for:
Cold boot
KZ level 'they have the intel' load time.

Cheers!

AwRy108

Found this…on the PS4's blu-ray…

The read-only optical drive reads Blu-ray discs at 6x constant angular velocity for a maximum read speed of 27 MB/s – a significant upgrade from the PS3's 2x speeds that were capped at 9MB/s. To further enhance optical drive performance, the PS4 features a hardware on-the-fly zlib decompression module (a special piece of hardware used to quickly decompress the data on the Blu-Ray disc, which has been compressed to save space and bandwidth), allowing for greater effective bandwidth, whilst at the same time, the console continuously caches data onto its hard disk, even buffering unread data when a game isn't actively accessing the optical drive, forming part of Sony's PlayGo strategy.

This tech. has already proven itself to be a massively positive feature of the PS4--so glad SONY had the foresight to address what would've been a huge negative.

Tux

Guys,

Hover over your Blu-ray disc, then press options, then select Information. The size will show the progress. Size will show just a number if it's done or not for Blu-ray (ex: 27.7/35 GB).

For download games, it will also have a line for "Download Status." That will show a number like above or "Completed." Sometimes you have to launch the game to make sure it's done installing extra portions (online features or patch) of the game too. But the "Information" is the best place to check first.

Initially there's a progress bar on the Game Icon. But that's completed really quick (30 seconds?).

wizzbang

Banned
Hover over your Blu-ray disc, then press options, then select Information. The size will show the progress. Size will show just a number if it's done or not for Blu-ray (ex: 27.7/35 GB).

I wish that was the case but it doesn't do that for me, it says 41gb period :/ in the settings / storage area and for the game itself.
I re-did the HDD last night and same thing, after 'reformatting' the PS4, within minutes of inserting KZ, 41gb - not like 14/41 (maybe it says 14/41 if you're downloading but not from optical?)

Tux

I wish that was the case but it doesn't do that for me, it says 41gb period :/ in the settings / storage area and for the game itself.
I re-did the HDD last night and same thing, after 'reformatting' the PS4, within minutes of inserting KZ, 41gb - not like 14/41 (maybe it says 14/41 if you're downloading but not from optical?)

Sorry wizzbang. I'm having a hard time figuring out what you are asking.

Are you looking for the total of the install from disc, from download or the total amount of space left on the PS4?

"within minutes of inserting KZ, 41gb - not like 14/41 (maybe it says 14/41 if you're downloading but not from optical?)"

That's what I have too. But it's 39GB, not 41. This is from the Blu-ray version of Killzone. The install is not finished even after the progress bar lets you start the game. It's till doing stuff in the background for the next 2-3 minutes. Plus, the 1.05 patch is also downloading and waiting for you to quit the game and install that too. But that's tiny.

wizzbang

Banned
Sorry wizzbang. I'm having a hard time figuring out what you are asking.

Are you looking for the total of the install from disc, from download or the total amount of space left on the PS4?

"within minutes of inserting KZ, 41gb - not like 14/41 (maybe it says 14/41 if you're downloading but not from optical?)"

That's what I have too. But it's 39GB, not 41. This is from the Blu-ray version of Killzone. The install is not finished even after the progress bar lets you start the game. It's till doing stuff in the background for the next 2-3 minutes. Plus, the 1.05 patch is also downloading and waiting for you to quit the game and install that too. But that's tiny.

I'm specifically using a disc based version of KZ:SF and even on a brand new "formatted" PS4, within 90 seconds of putting the disc in the drive it's allocated all 41gb.
There's no copy progress, no copy indicator, even the drive space free section says the game is using "41gb" - I have no way of telling what it's copied to the local HDD. (I wisely refuse to believe it's copied 41gb of the game in 90 seconds)
Mine does not (and did not) say "14/41gb" or "25/41gb" or any number increasing, showing it was slowly copying, it says 41gb from the get-go.

How do I tell how much of the game is actually copied?

Tux

I'm specifically using a disc based version of KZ:SF and even on a brand new "formatted" PS4, within 90 seconds of putting the disc in the drive it's allocated all 41gb.
There's no copy progress, no copy indicator, even the drive space free section says the game is using "41gb" - I have no way of telling what it's copied to the local HDD. (I wisely refuse to believe it's copied 41gb of the game in 90 seconds)
Mine does not (and did not) say "14/41gb" or "25/41gb" or any number increasing, showing it was slowly copying, it says 41gb from the get-go.

How do I tell how much of the game is actually copied?

Ah ok.

So, without actually knowing more about the Blu-ray, hardware on-the-fly zlib decompression module and the background processing I don't know what the true data rates speeds will be. There's no way for me to know if in fact it's completed the whole 39GB install of KZ (41GB for you). Do we know how much your 41GB has been compressed ahead of time? This is a 1st party game. Guerrilla Games would want to do as much compression as possible for the fat 1080p Killzone. They already know that all of the game will be played from HDD/SSHD or SSDs. So, the Blu-ray is no longer the play device. Just a transport and license mechansim.

Or maybe it's not that much compression and the game just allocates a footprint of 41GB and then just incrementally copies compressed data gradually over time? Not sure. Either way, the allocation of 41GB is what the data will take up after un-compression and fully installing. It's not like the PS4 is going to allow you to install another smaller game (say, 10GB) before the larger 41GB Blu-ray KZ game finishes -- trying to figure out away to install two games (10GB and 41GB) with only 40GB free space.

There is another way to see the progress though: Go to your Settings > System Storage Management. You will see the Applications (total space). Note that. Also, at the bottom of the list you will see the total space available. For me the Applications total is 174GB installed. After deleting KZ, it changes to 139GB for Applications installed. The total space available is 457GB. After deleting KZ, it changes to 495GB available.

Delete your KZ by pressing the option button over the KZ icon (or you can find the game file in the Applications Data section in the Settings. This will delete the game data (not the game save local or the save in the cloud). Before you put the Blu-ray disc back in, go back to your Settings > System Storage Management. Then put the KZ back in. It will start installing the game again.

Watch the numbers for Application (total at the top) and Free Space (total) at the bottom. You will see the numbers changing as the game installs.

I know you don't trust this value to tell you if the whole thing has installed or not (you don't believe it, you said). But again, since we don't know enough about the PS4's compression data rates and the background incremental installs.

On a side note, you are correct. The 15/41GB progress on the options > information is just for the Downloadable games. There's two field for those. Size and Download Status. The Download Status is what size installed so far and / total. Size is just the total. I couldn't remember which game I saw that on and it was Battlefield 4 (PSN), not KZ.

jimbob1971

Neo Member
Who knows.

I bought 2 hard drives in order to post figures on here, but it seems that others are too busy playing with their PS4s to bother to post times and therefore allow us to form a considered opinion. I'm not directing this at anyone is particular. Just a shame that the thread seems to have gone quiet.

Curly

Banned
I purchased one of the 1TB Seagate SSHD over the Black Friday weekend. (discounted+gift card = impulse purchase) I dropped it into my PS4 about a week and a half ago. I mainly wanted the capacity increase, but figured any increase in speed would be an added bonus.

I haven't taken any concrete times but have not noticed any discernible speed increases in loading Resogun nor Killzone. (disc) I did, however, notice that it woke up from standby quicker after a few days. I set the DS4 on the coffee table and hit the PS logo as I always do and looked down at my laptop. I heard the menu music shortly thereafter -- sooner than I was used to. (I had apparently established a subconscious timing of the event)

While I never timed it with the stock drive, I just used the stopwatch on my phone to time the bootup from button press to menu display. I came up with just a touch over 18 seconds.

Is it worth upgrading to an SSHD for a performance increase alone? Not in my opinion, but it may be different for games that are constantly loading the same assets. (i.e. sports titles)

Theman2k

I purchased one of the 1TB Seagate SSHD over the Black Friday weekend. (discounted+gift card = impulse purchase) I dropped it into my PS4 about a week and a half ago. I mainly wanted the capacity increase, but figured any increase in speed would be an added bonus.

I haven't taken any concrete times but have not noticed any discernible speed increases in loading Resogun nor Killzone. (disc) I did, however, notice that it woke up from standby quicker after a few days. I set the DS4 on the coffee table and hit the PS logo as I always do and looked down at my laptop. I heard the menu music shortly thereafter -- sooner than I was used to. (I had apparently established a subconscious timing of the event)

While I never timed it with the stock drive, I just used the stopwatch on my phone to time the bootup from button press to menu display. I came up with just a touch over 18 seconds.

Is it worth upgrading to an SSHD for a performance increase alone? Not in my opinion, but it may be different for games that are constantly loading the same assets. (i.e. sports titles)

so the sshd is useless unless i load the same assets all the time.
i wanted to buy it but now i actually leaning to the 1.5tb 7200rpm regular hdd.

ohhhh choises :///

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Is there a way to copy over the recorded videos and screens off of a drive that was removed from PS4? I've forgot to upload a video that I had on the old drive, and now that the drive is removed, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do anymore... Can I put the old drive back to PS4 without reinitializing it?

Is there a way to copy over the recorded videos and screens off of a drive that was removed from PS4? I've forgot to upload a video that I had on the old drive, and now that the drive is removed, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do anymore... Can I put the old drive back to PS4 without reinitializing it?

If the drive isn't formatted I don't see what would stop it from working as it was (were?) before.

If it were me, I'd go with the 7200 RPM HDD. SSHDs haven't really shown that they offer a guaranteed improvement across the board. However, 7200 RPM HDDs do consistently beat out the stock HDD across everything that is thrown its way.

My co-worker has a WD Black 750GB HDD in one of his PS4s and the stock in another. I am trying to get him to record the same game loaded on both, since his PS4s are side-by-side. I'll be sure to post it, if he complies.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
If the drive isn't formatted I don't see what would stop it from working as it was before.
It was like that with PS3. Once a drive was pulled out and new one placed in, that was it - the old drive couldn't be used anymore in that PS3 without reformatting.

It's not useless at all. I was getting 10s less load times on a KZ level I was testing even the very first time I installed the Seagate SSHD (55s vs 45s) and then 41s on repeat loading of the same level. I really doubt a non-SSD 7200 drive will give you the same speed increase, and it will also produce more heat.

I really doubt a non-SSD 7200 drive will give you the same speed increase, and it will also produce more heat.
In response to this, yes, a 7200 RPM HDD will produce more heat. However, I have placed my hand on the top of my PS4, where the HDD is located, and the console felt cool to the touch. I think the heat disparity between 7200 RPM and 5400 RPM is over-exaggerated. In addition, the PS4 seems to have rather amazing cooling and it certainly has excellent airflow.

I won't argue that SSHDs have their advantages, but looking at this thread I don't see any game-changing results that make me have buyer's remorse on my Scorpio Black.

jimbob1971

Neo Member

I've swapped drives in and out without a problem. Admittedly they had roughly the same apps on them. Maybe if there is a problem the safe mode 'rebuild database' option can be used. I'm not sure about mixing a drive that was written using 1.51 with on for 1.52 though. Again, rebuild DB would probably be fine.

Anyone have the Samsung EVO SSD times (assuming people actually did buy them)?

Marjorine

I have noticed a speed bump with this as well. I installed it on launch day, so I never had any exposure to the old drive. I went over to my friend's house and we played NBA2k the other day, and we started up a game and my internal clock said "game is loaded!" but then it took a few more seconds before his PS4 allowed us into the game. Same thing happened when I played Killzone over there. It isn't twice as fast or anything, but it is noticeably speedier.

So while I mostly wanted capacity, the speed bump was an unexpected bonus.

Theman2k

If it were me, I'd go with the 7200 RPM HDD. SSHDs haven't really shown that they offer a guaranteed improvement across the board. However, 7200 RPM HDDs do consistently beat out the stock HDD across everything that is thrown its way.

My co-worker has a WD Black 750GB HDD in one of his PS4s and the stock in another. I am trying to get him to record the same game loaded on both, since his PS4s are side-by-side. I'll be sure to post it, if he complies.

is there a place i can see tests of the 7200 hdd?
i wonder how much faster it is.

Curly

Banned

It's my understanding that the most frequently accessed information on the platter is automatically transferred to the solid state portion of the drive. Therefore, I would venture a guess that any initial speed increase over a standard 5400RPM drive would be minimal at best, but through repetition the most frequently ran processes will see a boost.

Again, I'm perfectly happy with the performance that the Seagate SSHD has given me thus far, but I couldn't recommend it to someone who is looking to cut loading times exponentially with their PS4. (it would probably rock for laptop use, though) I've personally only seen a 5400RPM 1.5TB that will fit in a PS4, but I believe that prioritizing capacity above potential performance gains is a wise decision regardless.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I've swapped drives in and out without a problem. Admittedly they had roughly the same apps on them. Maybe if there is a problem the safe mode 'rebuild database' option can be used. I'm not sure about mixing a drive that was written using 1.51 with on for 1.52 though. Again, rebuild DB would probably be fine.
Oh wow, this is great to know! Knowing how PS3 worked, I practically gave all hope I'd be able to retrieve that video. It was a family video made with playroom and I really felt like crap when I figured I've forgotten to save it out before pulling the disk out.

It's my understanding that the most frequently accessed information on the platter is automatically transferred to the solid state portion of the drive. Therefore, I would venture a guess that any initial speed increase over a standard 5400RPM drive would be minimal at best, but through repetition the most frequently ran processes will see a boost.
Keep in mind thought that apparently only Seagate and Toshiba SSDHDs can do this without an extra OS support. WD SSDHD apparently requires drivers in Windows to make use of this intelligent data placement. Also keep in mind that even using the fastest SSD, you won't cut load times much further than with SSDHD. Some videos I've seen only show 2sec or so time shaved off using Samsung EVO, so the bottleneck is probably somewhere else when loading games.

is there a place i can see tests of the 7200 hdd?
i wonder how much faster it is.
I'd be happy to do a timewatch test with my Scorpio Black, but there's no real testing standard to adhere to in this thread. In addition, it would only exist as a 7200 RPM test, as I can't be arsed to go through the painful process of putting in the stock HDD again and duplicating my tests.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'd be happy to do a timewatch test with my Scorpio Black, but there's no real testing standard to adhere to in this thread. In addition, it would only exist as a 7200 RPM test, as I can't be arsed to go through the painful process of putting in the stock HDD again and duplicating my tests.
Time how long it takes to load a download version of KZ:SF "they have the intel" level. Most of us comparing drives here think that's a good indicator.

Time how long it takes to load a download version of KZ:SF "they have the intel" level. Most of us comparing drives here think that's a good indicator.
I will do that, for certain, when I get home. I have the disc version of the game, but it is fully installed, as it's gotten a lot of play time by me.

Theman2k

Again, I'm perfectly happy with the performance that the Seagate SSHD has given me thus far, but I couldn't recommend it to someone who is looking to cut loading times exponentially with their PS4. (it would probably rock for laptop use, though) I've personally only seen a 5400RPM 1.5TB that will fit in a PS4, but I believe that prioritizing capacity above potential performance gains is a wise decision regardless.

so now i need to choose between these two:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097LG9U8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDIU5IW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

because with the sshd once i will have multiple ps4 titles on the drive in the future it will lose its effect. but capacity wont, so i am leaning too the 1.5tb but its the same speed as the stock one.

I tried putting in my Seagate Momentus XT 500GB sshd in my PS4 but the PS4 just doesn't seem to like this drive at all. I can get into safe mode and reinitialize and update the firmware but after the reboot I only get the blue light of death.

I had been using this drive in my PS3 for the last couple years without problems. It looks like the PS4 was able to format it as I can see that multiple partitions were created but on reboot it never works. I've tried reinserting it a few times but no good.

I've since put the stock drive back in and it's working normally. Anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Tux

I tried putting in my Seagate Momentus XT 500GB sshd in my PS4 but the PS4 just doesn't seem to like this drive at all. I can get into safe mode and reinitialize and update the firmware but after the reboot I only get the blue light of death.

I had been using this drive in my PS3 for the last couple years without problems. It looks like the PS4 was able to format it as I can see that multiple partitions were created but on reboot it never works. I've tried reinserting it a few times but no good.

I've since put the stock drive back in and it's working normally. Anyone have any idea what could be happening?

When switching to a new drive, you have to download the System Software + Firmware patch. It's around 900MB, not the 322MB one. Be aware that most launch PS4s came with System Software 1.00 out of the box. It requires updates to 1.50 for PSN when using the stock HDD. The 1.51 patch came out Nov 19th a few days after launch. Out now is the 1.52 patch. But...

If you installed the patch 1.51 patch, then you've probably already installed the 1.52 patch considering you put the stock HDD and it works fine. You should be at the latest version 1.52 now. So the PS4 is expecting the 1.52 OS + Patch version of this even after you put in a new (blank) HDD.

You need System Software + Patch 1.52 (901,172,736 bytes).

Found here:

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/new-install/index.htm (OS + 1.52 Patch 901,172,736 bytes)

Don't get this confused with the 1.52 system software standalone patch.

Found here:

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/index.htm#update-computer (1.52 Patch only - 322,871,296 bytes)

P.S. Make sure you save your game saves to another flash. Once you setup your new HDD it requires you to log into the PSN and reinstall your digital games. If the PS4 finds that you have no game saves already there. The next time you reboot or go into sleep mode it will overwrite the current game saves you have in the cloud with an older game save. Sony needs to fix that.

because with the sshd once i will have multiple ps4 titles on the drive in the future it will lose its effect. but capacity wont, so i am leaning too the 1.5tb but its the same speed as the stock one.

OS will remain fast at the very least, and unless you always switch from one game to a new one, it won't. I alternate between Fifa and Battlefield, and the loadings are as fast as ever. I'm always one of the very first loading a map in Bf 4 for example.

But if you tell me you like to play 4 games at the same time, then yeah. 7200rpm drives haven't proven to be faster than sshds on the PS4. Get the 1.5 TB if size is the most important thing you are looking for.

Everything else is pure conjecture. I also used to think otherwise, but so far it's nothing but hot air that 7200rpms are faster than SShds or that SSHds will stop working as intended.

Tux

but so far it's nothing but hot air that 7200rpms are faster than SShds

Can Crusher,

Be aware that there are HDD 7200RPM, SSHD 7200 RPM, HDD 5400 and SSHD 5400 (excluding SDDs for now).

I own the one listed in bold. Some prefer the 1TB 5400 SSHD which has proved to be fast enough compared to the 7200RPM SSHD because under practical conditions most don't notice a big enough difference to justify the higher price regardless of the extra RPMs, and SSHD (8GB SDD). Also, even standard HDD 7200RPM drives have proven to be quite fast without the 8GB cache due to the write speeds and not always being in a situation in which the game you are trying to start is loading something that is larger than 8GB for it to matter. Also, these standard HDD 7200RPM drives are a bargain.

I do not recommend standard HHD 5400RPM drives, because although they are cheap, they lack the faster RPM write speeds AND an 8GB cache.

At the end of the day going with either the SSHD or the 7200 rpm seems like a good choice. At this point the arguments are largely derived from trying to justify your purchase as the best and whether the way you use it is the optimal way for said hard drive.

When switching to a new drive, you have to download the System Software + Firmware patch. It's around 900MB, not the 322MB one. Be aware that most launch PS4s came with System Software 1.00 out of the box. It requires updates to 1.50 for PSN when using the stock HDD. The 1.51 patch came out Nov 19th a few days after launch. Out now is the 1.52 patch. But...

If you installed the patch 1.51 patch, then you've probably already installed the 1.52 patch considering you put the stock HDD and it works fine. You should be at the latest version 1.52 now. So the PS4 is expecting the 1.52 OS + Patch version of this even after you put in a new (blank) HDD.

You need System Software + Patch 1.52 (901,172,736 bytes).

Found here:

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/new-install/index.htm (OS + 1.52 Patch 901,172,736 bytes)

Don't get this confused with the 1.52 system software standalone patch.

Found here:

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/index.htm#update-computer (1.52 Patch only - 322,871,296 bytes)

P.S. Make sure you save your game saves to another flash. Once you setup your new HDD it requires you to log into the PSN and reinstall your digital games. If the PS4 finds that you have no game saves already there. The next time you reboot or go into sleep mode it will overwrite the current game saves you have in the cloud with an older game save. Sony needs to fix that.

Thanks for the reply. I did download the full firmware update 1.52 and installed it from usb when setting up the sshd but I would get the blod after the system restarted. I ended up using the same firmware after putting the stock drive back in and reinitializing the system (since reinitializing the system after putting the sshd in disassociated the system from the stock drive)

aktham

So my GF bought me a PS4 for Christmas :) I plan on upgrading the HDD right away. I've read through most of this thread. Is the Seagate ST1000LM014 considered the best bang for the buck at this time? Are there any issues with this drive?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
So my GF bought me a PS4 for Christmas :) I plan on upgrading the HDD right away. I've read through most of this thread. Is the Seagate ST1000LM014 considered the best bang for the buck at this time? Are there any issues with this drive?

its perfect.

hlhbk

Just ordered a replacement HDD for the PS4 I should be getting next week. Should I start the system up with the stock HDD, do all updates and then install the drive or install the drive before I turn the system on for the first time?

Just ordered a replacement HDD for the PS4 I should be getting next week. Should I start the system up with the stock HDD, do all updates and then install the drive or install the drive before I turn the system on for the first time?

I installed mine before even turning on the system for the first time. You have to install the new firmware to the new HDD anyways. After that, you'd have to download all the games/updates/media to your new HDD too.

aktham

Are there any differences from in speeds from physical discs and digital downloads?

I'm aware that all physical games have to install some portion of the game on the HDD/SSD, but how does it compare to a fully digital game?

hlhbk

Can you go from the firmware that comes with the ps4 directly to the 1.5 update that you need to install after a new HDD is installed?

jimbob1971

Neo Member
So is there a point investing in SATA3 drive or SATA2 should do the work ???
Good question. This thread appears to have died without the majority of 7200rpm and EVO users posting their times. Either folk couldn't be bothered or some people didn't actually buy the drives, alas.

Good question. This thread appears to have died without the majority of 7200rpm and EVO users posting their times. Either folk couldn't be bothered or some people didn't actually buy the drives, alas.

Actually I did my lookin and there is no point in aiming for SATA2 device prices are almost the same in many cases I was able to find SATA3 device at better price

Top Bottom