• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro to get higher frame rates on older games, without Patch (?)

Doczu

So it'll be something like the CFW on the n3DS that alowed to play older games with the higher clock speed? Sweet, another point for the Pro in my book.

leeh

Nice! This was something I really disliked about the Pro on finding out.

I wonder what the boost mode actually entails? Does it just up the CPU clock? Does it unlock the extra GPU oomph?

corn_fest

If anyone gets into the beta I would be very thankful if you wouldn't mind testing Lego Dimensions with Boost Mode enabled.

IIRC the game runs unlocked up to 60fps, but often tanks to like 12fps in the adventure world sections with 2 players. Honestly, if it goes up to just a non-vomit-enducing framerate, that's enough to justify a Pro purchase for me.

Witcher 3 is already there JC3 runs poor due to CPU, nothing is saving that game.
The Witcher 3 is definitely NOT there in Novigrad. It's way better than it was at launch (even if it took CDPR forever to get there), but it could definitely do with some extra horsepower from the Pro.

Any tests on Bloodborne frame pacing yet?
Extra grunt won't fix the frame-pacing problem that Bloodborne has, that fix needs to happen in the code. If From was going to fix that problem, they would've done it by now. That fix is never coming.

thelastword

Banned
Bloodborne is already pretty close to locked 30FPS atleast when playing solo and offline. The framepacing issues however are everywhere and I doubt this will do anything about it as that's an issue that needs to be fixed by the developers themselves.

Witcher 3 is already there JC3 runs poor due to CPU, nothing is saving that game.
Witcher 3 is no where close to a locked 30fps. I guess the only way people will learn that and stop saying the framerate is good is when a standard vs boost video is done. Witcher 3 still falls to the teens and early twenties in many many scenes...

With the low graphical settings on consoles, the uptick in framerate should be significant, if only it's framerate was not capped.

Top Bottom